October 2012 Theme: Fall Foliage

Submit your own photographs of nature & wildlife by following the instructions in the stickied topics in this forum.

Moderator: Isela

Forum rules
This forum is for original photographs only. If you submit a photograph that is not yours, you may receive a warning or be banned from the forums. Read the Rules for Nature & Wildlife Photography, then follow the instructions in that topic to have your photo(s) reviewed and posted.
Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

October 2012 Theme: Fall Foliage

Post by Rikkuzilla » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:55 am

Autumn is such a beautiful time of year! The cooling weather and those gorgeous hues of orange, red, and yellow!

This month's photography topic is Fall Foliage. Send us some pictures of some fun autumn-related nature pictures. Be sure to tell us a little bit about the photo too. :)

Remember, all submissions will be posted on the first post of the thread, so you'll want to check back often for new additions! Community members can comment and compare photos, discuss photography tips, etc.

If you'd like to submit a photo, please be sure to review the rules first! :]
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=65921

Go out there, take some pictures, and have FUN!

Photos Taken By: Rikkuzilla
Note from Rikkzulla: This are quick photo shots from my "backyard" in early November of 2011. Truthfully, these pictures are best viewed at a much higher resolution -- but I had to make some adjustments to make them more "forum-friendly". Hope to add more as I go through my archives.

Photos Taken by: Keyyva
Note from Keyyva:
Photo Caption #1: This photo's location is in Southern Ontario - Canada. Taken on October 22 2012 in a small clearing in a wooden area.
Photo Caption #2: This photo's location is in Southern Ontario - Canada. Taken on October 22 2012 looking down a dried up creek/river that is usually filed with water when its wet and warm.
Photo Caption #3: This photo's location is in Southern Ontario - Canada. Taken on October 22 2012 looking upwards as a tree in the same wooden area as the other pictures.

Photos Taken by: lupin_blackwolf
Note from lupin_blackwolf: I thought i would add some photos because there isnt that many up. i dont have too many good fall photos, but I think these fall into the right category. Both these photos were taken in my backyard on a late fall day a year or two ago. I woke up super early and there was a beautiful frost covering everything. Took out the camera and a macro lens and I spent an hour or two before and during sunrise taking photos. they are both copyright to me (so please, no steals!) and you can see more of my photography on my Flickr page (link is in my sig). Enjoy!
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

The Olive lord
Pup
Pup

Re: October 2012 Theme: Fall Foliage

Post by The Olive lord » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:49 pm

I've always enjoyed the colors of fall so I'll be sure to try and find something I can send in.

Anyways, I love your first picture
Rikkuzilla! It just looks wonderful!
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
-Albert Einstein

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Awesome photo's Rikku! I'll be looking forward to perhaps seeing further shots from other community members! ^^ I may even get the chance to post some of my own. ;)
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Post by Rikkuzilla » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Thanks for the compliments -- I have TONS more (I live near the Great Smoky Mountains) -- buuuut, it's very hard to choose, and trying to find some that don't have some man-made objects in them offers additional challenge.

Unfortunately, our colors don't last very long where I live -- by November they are almost gone and if we get any wet, cold weather (as we often do) it pretty much wipes out the remaining leaves. You go from these beautiful hues of red, orange, yellow, gold...then it rains, and *BAM* the next day the leaves are bare and winter is on the way!

In fact, I have another shot from the second picture of the cold front going through and you can see how many of the leaves died:
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae10 ... 68cc23.png

Love it because it's kind of spooky.... :D
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:08 am

Beautiful photos, Rikku! Over here, we don't always get those colours, as our native trees and bushes tend to be evergreen. So you could say that I'm just a bit jealous that you at least get something like that. :L And I agree, that photo is a little spooky. o: I guess it could be good for Halloween. :L

calxmity
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by calxmity » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Wonderful photos, Rikku! We live in an autumn friendly place, so we always get these colours. Very, very pretty season. Then come winter... haha.
green - cavetown

The Olive lord
Pup
Pup

Post by The Olive lord » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:17 pm

Yes Rikk, a very spooky picture indeed.. =D
I might not be able to good a good picture to send in, usually at least one of the trees in my backyard are exploded with pretty colors. Not only that but I just broke my phone..
:|
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
-Albert Einstein

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:57 am

Went ahead and added a few pics. ^^
Lovely pictures Keyyva and Lupin! It really does feel like fall with your pictures Keyyva, the first one reminds me of a spooky forest haha.
I really love how detailed yours are Lupin, they look stunning! It definitely looks like winter's on it's way. x3
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Keyyva
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Keyyva » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Alpha Female wrote:Went ahead and added a few pics. ^^
Lovely pictures Keyyva and Lupin! It really does feel like fall with your pictures Keyyva, the first one reminds me of a spooky forest haha.
I really love how detailed yours are Lupin, they look stunning! It definitely looks like winter's on it's way. x3
Thank you Alpha Female, the first one is my favourite as well :)

Lupin, the frost on the leaves are so beautiful! You must have a very steady hand for it to not of blurred.
Character © Keyyva
Avatar © Vexi - http://vexiwolf.deviantart.com [Used with permission]

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:32 pm

It's great to see that photos are being sent in! Your photos look beautiful, Keyyva & Lupin; they represent Autumn quite well. (:

lupin_blackwolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by lupin_blackwolf » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks everyone so much! (i really have to remember to continue sending photos in)

im loving the other shots up there. I always find that gloomy autumn days show off perfects scenes for creepy movies :) dieing brown leaves in a skeletal forest... I LOVE it. :P
all of your picture show off fall wonderfully! keep it up
-----------------..----------------..-----------------
I am Lυριη.
I roam the open land freely.
Nothing holds me back.
I am wild.
I am free.
I am a wolf.
-----------''-----------------''-----------
Avvie by April
Sig by Myself