August 2012 Theme: National/Natural Monuments

Submit your own photographs of nature & wildlife by following the instructions in the stickied topics in this forum.

Moderator: Isela

Forum rules
This forum is for original photographs only. If you submit a photograph that is not yours, you may receive a warning or be banned from the forums. Read the Rules for Nature & Wildlife Photography, then follow the instructions in that topic to have your photo(s) reviewed and posted.
Kivia

August 2012 Theme: National/Natural Monuments

Post by Kivia » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:39 am

During this time of the year, many people have traveled to very interesting locations and have perhaps even seen some cool monuments either along the way or at their destination. Do you have some cool photos of monuments? They can either be natural (ex. Grand Canyon) or national (ex. Statue of Liberty). If you have a photo of a monument, then please send it in for all to see!

All submissions will be posted on the first page of the thread, so always check back for new additions! Users may also comment/compare photos, share photography tips, and so on.

Make sure to read the rules first before sending in photos, and you should be golden:

http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=65921

Photos Taken by: wolfman200789
Note from wolfman200789: This is more of a historical monument. Possibly a national manument too. Either way it is still very cool. It was lit for the very first time in 1891. It is the grays harbor lighthouse located in washington state. It holds the record as the states tallest lighthouse.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Re: August 2012 Theme: National/Natural Monuments

Post by BlackWarrior » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:45 am

Glad to see the topic up! ^^
Hopefully we get some pretty neat photo submissions.. and perhaps i'll send something in if I happen to see anything on my travels next week. :)
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:04 am

Saw a lot of monuments in London today, so when we return to London once my vacations over, I'll try to take a picture of a few of them. ^^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:51 pm

• Neat idea!

I don't really live near any monuments of natural signifigance, at least not on an international level. Even so, I would love to see photos of two monuments here: one of the Honshu Wolf monument in the Nara Prefecture of Japan and one of the statue of Balto in Central Park, New York. Although I know this won't happen most likely, especially at this point on the month, I love monuments featuring animals!

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:45 pm

Really lovely pictures of the lighthouse wolfman! It looks pretty unique; I'd love to visit one day and see if I can make it to the top. xD
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfman200789 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Alpha Female wrote:Really lovely pictures of the lighthouse wolfman! It looks pretty unique; I'd love to visit one day and see if I can make it to the top. xD
thanks. I would have taken pictures of a historical inn. But I was to relaxed in car to get out and do that.

There are three historicle things we saw that day.

the first was the light house

the second was an inn/house

The property was bought by the citys founder from presedent lincoln in 1861.
The property was then bought by ben armstrong were he and his wife raised a family there.
Then in 1943 the property was sold and converted into an inn were bob kennedy and his family stayed. (Im not positive if bob is related to John f. Kennedy the presedent it kind of sound like it dosn't it.)
Now two people named steve and leslie run it as a historical inn.

the other thing was a historical musium that houses a minke whale skeleton. It is from a dead whale that washed up on the beach in oregan in 1981. It was a victim of geting tangled in fishing gear.

So yeah lots of histroy and such.

Im glad you liked those photos. :D
"Beauty can be found in every stone, plant, creature, and person. You just have to look hard enough to see it." me-

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 2365e2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 975638.jpg

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:10 am

• Pumped for the October Theme, if any!