May 2012 Theme: Flowers

Submit your own photographs of nature & wildlife by following the instructions in the stickied topics in this forum.

Moderator: Isela

Forum rules
This forum is for original photographs only. If you submit a photograph that is not yours, you may receive a warning or be banned from the forums. Read the Rules for Nature & Wildlife Photography, then follow the instructions in that topic to have your photo(s) reviewed and posted.
Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

May 2012 Theme: Flowers

Post by Rikkuzilla » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:26 am

This month's photography topic is flowers -- inspired by the old saying "April showers bring May flowers". So, send us some pictures of some lovely flowers in your neck of the woods.

Remember, try to identify your flower(s) and take a moment to learn more and share!

Remember, all submissions will be posted on the first post of the thread, so you'll want to check back often for new additions! Community members can comment and compare photos, discuss photography tips, etc.

If you'd like to submit a photo, please be sure to review the rules first! :]
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=65921

Go out there, take some pictures, have FUN, and watch out for bees! :O

Photos Taken by: SnowWolf852
Note from SnowWolf852: Photos take by me in Tuzla ( Bosnia and Herzegowina )

Photos Taken by: Crupi
Note from Crupi: I don't actually know what type of flowers these are, so could someone help me out? Photos taken in the spring of 2011.

Photo Taken by: sSilvers
Note from sSilvers: a tulip I'm pretty sure. :3 so, enjoy!

Photo Taken by: s t a r burst
Note from s t a r burst: This photo was taken not too long ago, May 3rd. I have no idea what you call these, but they are very pretty and have a wonderful fragrance along with them.

Photos Taken by: Storm_Fear
Note from Storm_Fear: The first flower I believe is a squash, the second white flower is a gardenia. Thats about all I know about these flowers though.

Photos Taken by: JayMist
Note from JayMist: The first picture is of Crazy Daisies. The last two, well I dont know what they are. I took these on May 13th. I used the regular camera on my Ipod Touch 4G 5.1.1 Update.

Photos Taken by: Croix
Note from Croix: First species of flower is a floribunda rose, an annual flower that blooms every spring. This particular bush is over 18 years old and is very large - over 8 feet wide and 5 feet tall in a good year. These tiny pink and white roses bloom in small clusters, almost like bouquets.
Cropped, re-sized, altered white balance, and blurred edges.

The second flower is called a purple clematis, a vine that has large blooming flowers. I was worried this plant wouldn't bloom due to it being moved to a another garden we have because it was competing with another species of vine. Fortunately it seems to be doing fine.
Re-sized, altered white balance, and sharpened anthers/stigma.

Last photograph is of a peony, another annual flower. Probably as old as the rose bushes, we have deep magenta (who decided to stick a single petal in the picture), light pink, and white peonies all in the same area. These smell wonderful and are very large but die quickly because of ants that are attracted to the flower's nectar.
Cropped, re-sized, and blurred edges.

Photo Taken by: DragonflySpirit
Note from DragonflySpirit: It's ugleh.

Photos Taken by: wolfman200789
Note from wolfman200789: Nature is everywere. Even in the place you least expect it to be.

Photos taken by: Kivia
Note from Kivia: This photo is about two years old- I was at the local zoo and this is one of my favorite shots from the rose garden there^^

Photo Taken by:TruthOfTheMt
Note from TruthOfTheMt: This is a pink Lilly I took in our flower bed at home, it's kinda shriveled around the edges, but what I like about this pic is the lighting. The flower kinda looks like it's glowing haha. The camera I used is a Canon EOS Rebel T2i. Hope you like! :)
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Re: May 2012 Theme: Flowers

Post by Alpha Female » Tue May 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Lovely pictures SnowWolf and Crupi! I personally find flowers very beautiful, especially with such a variety. ^^ I don't know much about flowers Crupi, so I'm not help. xD Sorry about that!
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Crupi
Pup
Pup

Post by Crupi » Tue May 01, 2012 10:02 pm

I love this months theme. (: Thank you for posting my two submitted photos up just as well.

SnowWolf, you have some really nice pictures there. Is the second flower a rose? The colours in both are very vibrant...so beautiful!
Ahh, no worries flower. Thank-you anyway!
____
_____WQ member since 2011

___Avatar of Alfie © Jewelz.

ZeRivet
Former WQ Moderator

Post by ZeRivet » Wed May 02, 2012 2:05 am

Wow, this months theme is off to a fantastic start! The pictures so far look simply amazing and you guys did a great job taking them! SnowWolf, I especially like your first picture though both of yours are epic..so nice job! Crupi, your pictures are great as well and the first one is rather unique looking...I don't know really anything about flowers...so I don't think I could help when it comes to identify them and whatnot. ^^
| | | “I'm allergic to rocks hitting me in the face.” | | |
Avatar (C) me | Quote (C) Mark Rowe| All The Rocks

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Thu May 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Wow, stunning photos you guys! I wish I could be of aid in identifying the species, but I'm not much of a plant person. xD You guys did a wonderful job at capturing the beauty of the flowers though, that I can definitely tell. I'll have to go out and see what flowers I can find myself. ;D

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Fri May 04, 2012 12:54 am

Great pictures you guys! So far, the front page is already alive with beauty. Haha
I'm looking forward to seeing what we can pull from May's Theme, so hopefully I can post some photos as well. ^^
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Storm_Fear

Post by Storm_Fear » Fri May 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Great job you guys! I would send in some pictures but my cameras broken. D=

ZeRivet
Former WQ Moderator

Post by ZeRivet » Sat May 05, 2012 9:52 am

Great picture of that red tulip sSilvers! I like how it the image appears simple...and has not been overly done! ^^

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Sat May 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Great pictures guys it so lovely and springy lol I just love them keep up the hard work Moderators :)

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Sun May 06, 2012 12:44 am

Wow, wonderful photos so far, guys! I really want to send something in this month, but I haven't really taken many photos of flowers so I don't have anything to upload right now. I guess that means I'll have to get out there and take some. :D

s t a r burst
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by s t a r burst » Sun May 06, 2012 10:00 am

This looks like a very fun event! I just sent in a photo of my own.

Everyone’s photography is stunning! The colors in them are very vibrant and so pretty. I cannot wait to see more pictures!
:::::::::::::::::::it started out as a feeling
:::::::::::::::::which then grew into a hope ♥
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::--
::::::::::::::which then grew into a quiet thought
:::::::::::::::which then grew into a quiet word ♥

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Wed May 09, 2012 12:24 am

Wow! Love the new additionally added photos! ^^" They are beautiful, and the flowers are all so unique and new from each area. c:
At my house, the leaves are still struggling to come out from the trees, and we have no flowers.. haha
So this is a good taste of spring for me. If I get the chance, I will be sure to share some of my last years flower pictures.
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Raining Precedence
Pup
Pup

Post by Raining Precedence » Wed May 09, 2012 10:44 am

Beautiful collection of flowers you've got here, they're all quite stunning. c: If it were later in the year, I might be able to send in some pictures. However, the flora in my yard doesn't start blooming until summer. Also, I have no knowledge of flowers, so I wouldn't know what species those are. =^^=
▪■▪■▪■▪■▪
--אּFifteen years of dreaming came and went.
▪■▪■▪■▪■▪

Left WolfQuest.

ZeRivet
Former WQ Moderator

Post by ZeRivet » Sun May 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Great job with the squash flower and the gardenia Storm_Fear! And those yellow flowers look really neat S t a r burst...the light from the sun really makes it look cool! We are getting some really amazing pictures sent in this month and I'm rather excited to see what pops up during the rest of May. ^^

Crupi
Pup
Pup

Post by Crupi » Mon May 14, 2012 2:32 am

Very impressive photos everyone. Star, those flowers you submitted look very familiar to me, and the name of them is somewhere in my head - although I can't quite put my finger on it.
The front post is piling up and it looks spectacular, so great job to those who have sent their pictures in.
____
_____WQ member since 2011

___Avatar of Alfie © Jewelz.