April 2012 Theme: Backyard Birds

Submit your own photographs of nature & wildlife by following the instructions in the stickied topics in this forum.

Moderator: Isela

Forum rules
This forum is for original photographs only. If you submit a photograph that is not yours, you may receive a warning or be banned from the forums. Read the Rules for Nature & Wildlife Photography, then follow the instructions in that topic to have your photo(s) reviewed and posted.
Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Re: April 2012 Theme: Backyard Birds

Post by Sambhur » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Ahh, Whistler Blackcomb, I've been there! Although I never got to see those birds, which may have had something to do with when I went, and I guess, where on the mountains I was. It's great that you got a photo of them, and it's amazing how brave, tame, or whatever word you want to use, they were.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:27 am

This is turning into such a neat topic, I can't really decide which one is my favourite of the bunch... Probably the bird taking off from lupin or Jewelz' kookaburra, but they're all so cool ; ;

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:04 pm

Great photo, Steeps! It's quite cool the way the birds land on the poles, and neat that you captured them doing so. ^^ Nice job!
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Steeps

Post by Steeps » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Thanks you two; I thought it would add something a little fun to the growing gallery!

If only I had discovered this part of the forum sooner! Its in its own little nook; hopefully others will discover it too, and add to the variety.

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Atropine » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:43 am

Wow, you've all got some pretty amazing shots of birds! I can never manage to get close enough to capture the local birds near where I live (that or I don't have my camera on hand) but there isn't much variety where I live anyway, just the odd blackbird and pigeon. ;P

I really love your picture of the Australian Raven, Jewelz, its eyes are beautiful :D

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:26 am

Ahaha, very nice photo Steeps! They seem very accustomed to people indeed- it's cool how birds will adapt in an environment that now includes people.

Everyone has some very awesome photos- I'm always looking forward to what will be posted next^^

Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Post by Rikkuzilla » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:12 am

This is what makes this thread so interesting -- we all live all over the world, so there's always going to be something unique to see from another person's perspective.

I saw some seagulls in the parking lot at Walmart yesterday. This wouldn't phase me a bit if I still lived in Florida...but, Tennessee? O.o I kind of wanted to take a picture, but they were eating garbage. XD

Wow, I love all the new pictures!
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Amazing close up picture shadowwolf2234! Its also great to hear that the bird was alright, even after its terrifying experience. Lovely shot!
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

ZeRivet
Former WQ Moderator

Post by ZeRivet » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:03 pm

So many wonderful photos are coming in, and each one looks really awesome! I love the ones of the Laughing Kookaburra and the Osprey though!! We currently have a couple of birds that are in the process of making a nest on my porch. They were here last year as well, but anyways I'm going to try and get a picture of them before the end of the month...and add it up on here! And I believe they are Barn Swallows..so it should be neat.

Nice job everyone on the photos so far, this is turning out to be an awesome little event! I look forward to seeing more pictures added! :P
| | | “I'm allergic to rocks hitting me in the face.” | | |
Avatar (C) me | Quote (C) Mark Rowe| All The Rocks

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Amazing pictures you guys took there! It's interesting to see the different species over where you live. Where I live there are barely some birds flying, still I will try to take some pictures... that if I get my camera to work.

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Aw, glad those osprey are okay, Shadow! That was a great thing you did with helping them out, as well as a great shot you got there. ;D

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:37 am

That's an amazing close-up you got of one of the ospreys, Shadow! Great job, not only for the shot, but for what you did for them too. c:

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:55 pm

I love the picture, Shadow! The intensity of the eye, and very captivating colors sharpen the photo quite a bit as well. Very cool story about saving them, and probably quite an experience! :D Great shot!
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Post by Rikkuzilla » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:15 am

Hey folks, just a last minute call on backyard birdie pics! Remember after the 30th of this month, no more backyard bird pics will be posted and late email submissions will be ignored. So, if you miss the deadline, just hold onto it for another time, as themes may be repeated! Get ready for May's topic! :]
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:10 am

New rule! You may submit photos for any past month if you have not done so already. You just have to make sure you say which theme the photo(s) go along with in your email. ;D