C I T Y D U S T :: Plotted, Literate, New! M = 4

Make or join a pack in Pack Central. Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.

Moderator: Koa

Forum rules
Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.
[ChaoticKagura]
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

C I T Y D U S T :: Plotted, Literate, New! M = 4

Post by [ChaoticKagura] » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:27 pm

╔═══╗╔══╗╔════╗╔╗──╔╗ ╔═══╗╔╗─╔╗╔═══╗╔════╗
║╔═╗║╚╣─╝║╔╗╔╗║║╚╗╔╝║ ╚╗╔╗║║║─║║║╔═╗║║╔╗╔╗║
║║─╚╝─║║─╚╝║║╚╝╚╗╚╝╔╝ ─║║║║║║─║║║╚══╗╚╝║║╚╝
║║─╔╗─║║───║║───╚╗╔╝─ ─║║║║║║─║║╚══╗║──║║──
║╚═╝║╔╣─╗──║║────║║── ╔╝╚╝║║╚═╝║║╚═╝║──║║──
╚═══╝╚══╝──╚╝────╚╝── ╚═══╝╚═══╝╚═══╝──╚╝──
from the ashes we rise.

The law of evolution is that when a species is no longer able to survive, another will take its place; an unending cycle of life and death. Mother nature holds no mercy...

The humans were once the king of the food chain; they lead their conquest against the world, building their stone palaces, erecting their empires. The less fortunate races were bent into servitude, slaughter, subordination. But humans, though they may have believed it differently, were not immortal nor were they Gods. And in the end it was their own greed for power that killed them. Great wars raged, human against human, brother against brother. Great cities fell and were returned to the earth. When all was said and done, the roaring engines of the human technology would forever be quieted.
The world was still, and silent. No human life stirred in the ash of mankind's foolish wrath.

No longer living beneath the thumb of a most oppressive race, finally, nature began to rekindle. Where the potent radiation did not snuff out any signs of life, green overtook the land it had lost. Gradually the species that had been tiptoeing around mankind grew back to their former power. Among the most strong, prevalent, and adaptable of these:

The wolves.
Welcome to City Dust, a literate, plotted wolf RP!

The setting takes place in a world where humans have fought against one another until there was nothing left of them-- barren expanses stretch across the land where great metropolises once were. As the name of the RP implies, the roleplaying takes place not in the wilderness but in the ruins of San Francisco. After decades of humans being gone from the Earth, the zoo animals have escaped from the enclosures and repopulated in the rubble, and forest has started to grow in the city. The species that has had the most success in this setting are the wolves that were once kept in the zoo.

Over time they have split into two packs, the Cistern Pack, which believes in peacefully coexisting with the many other species that are trying to survive in San Francisco, and the Martinet Hierarchy, which believes in lupine supremacy and lupine supremacy only. While the Cisterns have even been found accepting stray dogs and cats into their midst, Martinets treat all species with scorn, and bully those unfortunate enough to be too weak to defend themselves. This, understandably, has put the pack at odds with one another. They have no idea that they are repeating the very set of events that lead to all of humankind's ultimate demise.

Wolves, however, are not the only thing killing wolves. They are not the only carnivores inhabiting the remnants of San Francisco, nor are they the largest. Everything from solitary tigers to an entire lion pride are all too happy to capitalize on the chance to take down a wolf if its provided to them. And not only this, but a fatal, 4-stage virus, Malady, that affects the mind of its victim is tearing through the warm-blooded inhabitants of the city, including both wolf packs. The transfer of saliva or blood is enough to spread the contagion, and the aggression of the symptomatic infected make the virus... uniquely difficult to avoid. When one of their brethren catches Malady, the only thing the pack can do is quarantine them and wait for death as the wolf suffers through the progression, flickering unpredictably in and out of sanity.

The world they live in is uniquely dangerous, and the packs must fight each and every day for survival, battling natural disasters, Malady, and each other.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ⓇⒶⓃⓀⓈ

CISTERN PACK

I. high ranks

ALPHA (1/1)
- Corvix ♂ ([ChaoticKagura])

BETA (1/2)
- Alana ♀ (JoannaBanana)
-

DELTA (0/3)
-
-
-

II. mid ranks

MEDIC (Unlimited)
-

WARRIOR (Unlimited)
-

HUNTER (Unlimited)
-

III. low ranks

APPRENTICE (ulimited)
-
-
-

OMEGA (Unlimited)
-

PRISONER (unlimited)
*acquired in RP
-

QUARANTINE (0/10)
- Izet ♂ ([ChaoticKagura])
-
-

MARTINET HEIRARCHY

I. high ranks

ALPHA (1/1)
- Rorrim ♂ (Howling212)

BETA (1/2)
- Steele ♂ (SilverAztec)
-

DELTA (0/3)
-
-
-

II. mid ranks

MEDIC (Unlimited)
-

WARRIOR (Unlimited)
-

HUNTER (Unlimited)
-

III. low ranks

APPRENTICE (ulimited)
-
-
-

OMEGA (Unlimited)
-

PRISONER (0/5)
*acquired in RP
-

QUARANTINE (0/10)
-
-
-
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ⓇⓊⓁⒺⓈ
x Please be respectful towards other members!
x Follow the WQ guidelines.
x Be literate! This means proper grammar and posts that are more than a few sentences.
x Your character design is largely up to you, HOWEVER, no unnatural fur colors (unnatural markings and eye colors are okay) or growths such as wings, horns, etc.
x No perfect or unstoppable characters.
x High ranks are available to be applied for! However, Howling or myself reserve the right to decline your application should we feel the character is not fit for the role.
x Your wolf can be any species, however, it MUST be a wolf. The other carnivores such as tigers and lions that are mentioned in the description will not make entrances as playable characters.
x You may make as many characters as you like.
x The RP will take place on a site which will expand on the lore, but as its currently unfinished, I'll wait until this thread gets interest to post the link and allow everyone access to that site.
x If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Application Form:

Code: Select all

Name:
Desired Rank:
Allegiance:
Basic Appearance: Description, or reference picture.
Basic Personality:
Background (optional):
Brief RP Sample, which must be PM'D to me!:
Last edited by [ChaoticKagura] on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:25 am, edited 7 times in total.
Dyrius Advisor
WOLVES OF THE NIGHT WATCH
"Valar Morghulis"
« « « Ikariah Scout » » »
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
sтιραηт єlємєηтσяυм
« « « « « « « » » » » » » »
∞∞∞ тнє ραcк σғ тнє єlємєηтs ∞∞∞
« « » »
PackSignature©BySinnedAshes

Meowlody

Re: C I T Y D U S T :: Plotted, Literate, New!

Post by Meowlody » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:17 am

Name: Alana Rose Estonia
Desired Rank: Beta Female, If not Medic.
Allegiance: Cistern
Basic Appearance: Alana spouts a coat of cream, tan, black and hazel hues, her long coat keeps her warm during the colder seasons, For a she wolf, Alana is of average size, 30 inches shoulder height, Alana weight in at 110lbs. Although average in both height and weight her main strength comes from her long agile legs that enable her to tire out prey during her lengthy sprints, especially throughout pack hunts. Her tail for the most part is fairly long and fluffy, and you might notice her using it as a head rest when recovering stamina, especially during her siestas. Two beady hazel hues rest upon her skill, and although almost perfect, Alana does spout a scar beneath her maw, due to brawling with her brothers.
Basic Personality:
Admirable
Alana, being herself can come across to others as quite exemplary. She is highly respectful to those who become her true friends, and believe me she doesn't just pick names out of a hat. Her trust and her respect is earned and thus returned to those who gain her compassion. She is highly loyal around her superiors despite her slight jealousy of their reign over her, and to those who disregard this and chose to go against governing rules, be warned, Alana holds grudges.
Cunning
Brave at heart, and as wild as she can be, Alana has become quite craftswoman with her knowledgeable experience in both hunting and brawling with her elder brothers during her pup-hood. Some may deem this sly, and mischievous however her loyalty is ever bound, this despite her devious trait makes her cherish-able, and unique in ways others are not.
Quick Thinking
Alike her brothers Alana is a quick thinker, and this is helpful during those difficult times, Although some would deem this a positive trait, It can also be perceived as daring, and her decisions may very well be doubted depending on the situation at hand. Regardless Alana tries her utmost best to ensure the safety of the pack before informing her superiors the potential of her actions.
Affectionate
Although Alana may seem distant and head shy at first, upon gaining her trust, you in turn gain a place within heart, be friend, family or other. Alana makes sure to remind her comrades of her love, Her ways of doing so are still questionable, however she often head rubs and playfully tugs at the coats of those she deems honourable.
Supportive
With Alana, being a supportive member of any clan or pack is part of her main role within this world. Be this physical or emotional. Alana hopes to some day become a Leading Hunter of said packs however until she finds one, she will have to rely on her ability to survive this wilderness alone.
Clumsy
You will find, that even the good ones, have their flaws & for Alana her clumsiness tops this one off. Impressing her superiors is one thing, and phonying around with the yearlings is another. And despite her efforts in maintain her good nature, Alana does more often than not gets into trouble with her lack of spacial awareness, Be it walking into a tree or falling into a swamp, Alana does just about everything listed!
Patronising
Decision making is one thing, Supporting and helping are others, but oddly enough, the way Alana words certain things can be deemed humiliating and condescending, and although she tries her best to lace her words with utter sweet honey, at times her voice and gut do not play along.
Background (optional):
Once upon a time.... ['Im joking!] Alana Rose Estonia they call her, Heir to the Estonia's linage. Alana was born and raised within the western parts of Canada, Bore by her mother Lumina, she and her siblings, Havana, Seige and Averic were nurtured during the cold winter. Their father Syr was the leading Alpha during that time, and their mother Alpha Female. The lead a peaceful life, and fulfilled their pup-hood dreams, most of them anyway. But this all changed two years later.

It was time for Lumina's children to move on with life, to seek their other halves and create a family of their own. The Estonia pack was already big enough, with a member count of 19 wolves! Meaning there were already more than enough mouth's to feed, and lives to take care of, alongside their own. Lumina had also had her second litter of pups, And although Alana was supposedly the next in line for Alpha Female, she turned it down and chose to venture off by herself. Syr and Lumina doubted her decisions, but they did not stop her.

This concludes Alana's journey, A year later the bashful she wolf still seeks friends, and hopes to begin a family of her own, She will continue to journey to the edge of tomorrow, Who knows what she may cross paths with. For now Alana takes refuge within an old, two legged encampment, hidden beneath ample shrub, a fading essence of what life used to be when they roamed the earth. To her its a mystery but Alana is keen to find out more.
Brief RP Sample:
[Koa said RP is not accepted on the WQ boards therefore this has been removed.]
Last edited by Meowlody on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

SilverAztec
Pup
Pup
Name: Ace

Post by SilverAztec » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:52 pm

Name: Steele
Desired Rank: Beta Male, if not Warrior.
Allegiance: Martinet Hierarchy
Basic Appearance:
An interesting combination of dust and coal, Steele's coarse black coat is made up of hues of silver, brown and white splattered in random shapes. Just like a true timber wolf, his pelt consists of a singular base colour with almost unnoticeable splotches of various dark and light coloration. Beneath his muzzle, chest and belly are what tend to be lighter in intensity, whereas his cranium all the way down to his tail tend to be darker. Although he may have a coat of medium length, but beneath that coat rests 75 kg of shear armour supported by long legs allowing the male to stand at a towering 90 cm. He is in fact bulkier than the average wolf, but it is only because of his unfortunate history. However, the distinctive characteristics amongst his visage are really what catch the eye; Steele's mesmerizing amber orbs stand out as his shadow-like pelt gravitates towards the darkness and camouflage.
Basic Personality:
At first glance Steele may not appear to be the friendliest canid and that is mostly because he really isn't. The brute is a placid individual with a very controlled way about him; every shift in his muscles, posture and expression is entirely calculated. Intentional or not, his placid ways can make the brute quite hard to approach; this is only due to the fact that he does not care much about charisma as it is not on his list of values. He may not be the most entertaining canid, however he beholds intentions of pure loyalty and respect. These factors are what make Steele an unmistakable warrior. Being brutally honest is also one of his specialties, the brute believes that the truth must be heard no matter how much it hurts. Taking other's feelings into consideration is an action he lacks doing and he also hopes that others will act just accordingly. He doesn't like the truth being sugarcoated in any way. But aside from his mistakenly aggressive and violent impression, Steele can actually be a pleasant partner for conversation, when he is not giving off the cold shoulder, which he unintentionally tends to do often.
But aside from his seemingly serious personality, the brute beholds various skills and beneficial behaviours; determination runs through his very veins, a given task must be done with perfection and nothing less. He often gets frustrated when the task gets out of control, yet he never gives up. Steele values basic knowledge very much and also the knowledge that he picks up along the way. During battles, negotiations and even simple conversations, he is always weary of the knowledge that he had achieved in the past in order to allow him to execute the task in the smartest way possible. However, the brute can be slightly impulsive, with a very explosive-like temper, he can get annoyed easily. As a result, he can sometimes come off as snappy or rude, but when speaking to a canid of higher rank, he is much better at controlling himself. This factor is what has led him to various battles, although many may think of this as a negative factor, he values every piece of knowledge he gained from each battle.

Background (optional):
WIP
Brief RP Sample:
In PM
Last edited by SilverAztec on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
⚪⚪||⚫°⚫||⚪⚪
And I was in the darkness so
darkness I became
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Signature © Lupa
Lone Wolf

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:13 am

Roleplaying is not allowed on the forums outside the designated roleplay thread in General WolfQuest Discussion. Please have potential applicants private message their roleplay samples instead and indicate this change in your application.

[ChaoticKagura]
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by [ChaoticKagura] » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:32 pm

Both accepted! The site link will be available in a day or so. Steele you're accepted as one of the Martinet betas, and Alana I PM'd regarding your rank.
Dyrius Advisor
"Valar Morghulis"
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
sтιραηт єlємєηтσяυм
« « » »

Avoncedin
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: C I T Y D U S T :: Plotted, Literate, New! M = 4

Post by Avoncedin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Before I write anything huge, I just want to make sure this is still alive?
I'm gonna fight them off,
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back.

Howling212
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Howl

Post by Howling212 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:31 pm

Avoncedin wrote:Before I write anything huge, I just want to make sure this is still alive?
It is. :)

[ChaoticKagura]
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by [ChaoticKagura] » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Yep, still alive! It's just going kind of slow.
Dyrius Advisor
"Valar Morghulis"
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
sтιραηт єlємєηтσяυм
« « » »

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:36 pm

Howling212 wrote:It is. :)
Please make sure your posts contain no less than three words (excluding smileys) as anything less is considered a form of SPAM. Thank you. ^^
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Khaleesi 18
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Natalie

Post by Khaleesi 18 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:37 pm

The topic looks brilliant, Chao! I may even create a character later on, but I'll do it through the site!<3

Bash Ko
T r e s. I n. U n u m. P a c k
We show up, we gonna show out.

Chinuk
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Chinuk » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:53 pm

Name: Kibulu, Ayashe (Kib-oo-Loo)
Desired Rank: Preferably Warrior
Allegiance: Cistern
Basic Appearance: Kibulu's pelt consists of a charcoal base with white accents with an occasional brown. Each vivid pigmentation harmonizing with the next to create a pleasant appearance. The polar hues, which are white and black, are dispersed about his whole frame. He also withholds a cold tone of orbs, portraying him a wolf of the winters. His physique is fairly muscular. Though, most of the muscle is packed within his legs and chest, leaving the rest of his body somewhat slim. Though he isn't overly quiet, his size presents a problem for keeping his presence unknown.
Basic Personality: Kibulu tends to favor solitude over strangers, but if approached he will be passive. Granted, he's not opposed to making friends, he just feels as though other wolves aren't interested. Once he seeks interest in one, he will be a complete goof.
Despite his distant nature, Kibulu feels as though keeping others close is an essential. And of course, no matter the distance he tends to keep, he is ultimately loyal to his crowd. If need be, he will protect those he is fond of. No matter the circumstance.

Brief RP Sample, which must be PM'D to me!:

[ChaoticKagura]
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by [ChaoticKagura] » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:15 pm

Sadly, it's been a whole month and with only 3 characters not including Howl's and mine I can't possibly see this RP being active enough to function if I even did try to start it right now. I thank everyone who did apply and show interest, your characters were wonderful!

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to ask a moderator to lock this thread. :\
Dyrius Advisor
"Valar Morghulis"
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
sтιραηт єlємєηтσяυм
« « » »

psy