⚠The Beaver Theory⚠ | High Ranks Open | New+Accepting | M: 7

Make or join a pack in Pack Central. Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.

Moderator: Koa

Forum rules
Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.
Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

⚠The Beaver Theory⚠ | High Ranks Open | New+Accepting | M: 7

Post by Dorken » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:40 pm

⚠ The Beaver Theory ⚠
Lost River will never be the same.
Semi-Realistic | WolfQuest Based | Duel Species | Character Development Driven | Active

Rules | Setting + Map | Timeline |

⚫ Introduction + Plot ⚫
----------
The town of Lost River was an ordinary place, filled with ordinary people and ordinary animals. Everything was pretty ordinary, actually - the sleepy little town and its neighboring populaces were tight-knit, quiet communities of jovial, uncurious folks who just wanted to get along.
Getting along was something they could not do.
The people of Lost River and the two neighborhoods that shared the dessert terrain with it became deserted, the former bustling communities becoming completely abandoned, totally void of the human life that once occupied it.
The only life left was that of the animals, and one group of them in particular.
The Fading Footsteps Wolf and Wolfdog Sanctuary's former inhabitants were the only "tame" animals that were abandoned in the rush to escape the city. Left to their own devices, the canines were able to free themselves from their enclosure and start their lives anew, allowing their instincts to lead them.
The feral animals have formed their own coterie of sorts, a nomadic group that could loosely be described as a "pack." Being left to their own devices, the wolfish creatures must learn to survive on their own in the harsh environment, each one struggling to understand one minor detail: what's with all the beaver dams?

The Beaver Theory is a group based around two main concepts: survival of wild animals now made tame, and solving a very unusual mystery. Abandoned by their caretakers and left to run amok the ghost towns in their desert environment, each canine must learn to unleash their wilder side and embrace the raw savagery of the natural world once more, all while attempting to discover where their human providers disappeared off to and what exactly the deal is with all those cursed beavers. There is no linear plot, only what is decided on by the players and what their current situations are.
The concept of the mystery is based on the theorizing, both serious and intentionally ludicrous, focused on the Lost River map and if there is a correlation between the beaver dams and the disappearance of man (hence the name.) The entire plot does not revolve around this, but it can be an important part of the experience to the players who are interested in theorizing. The roleplaying itself is currently only based in the WolfQuest game in the Lost River map - if you feel that you cannot manage to roleplay solely in the game due to either technical issues or personal taste, this may not be the group for you.

⚫ Group Info ⚫
----------
Creation Date: November 25th, 2015
Founder: Dorken
Member Count: 7 (5 ♂, 2 ♀)
Alliances: None
Rivals: None
Website: The Beaver Theory (currently still a WiP, all content is subject to change)

⚫ General Rules ⚫
These are the most important rules to remember, not the entire list - for a complete, comprehensive list, click here.
----------
- Treat everyone with respect, even if you dislike them or their opinions.
- Respect other's differences, no matter what they may be.
- Let staff handle OOC spats.
- Keep character appearance strictly realistic.
- Each player is allowed three character slots by default.
- Any character you create for the group must stay within the group unless it has been killed off.
- Roleplay is done in third person only.
- Roleplay is to be kept semi-realistic and semi-literate.
- Absolutely no powerplaying of any sort is allowed.
- Keep both OOC discussion and IC roleplay PG13.
- Read the website, as it contains most of the information that would otherwise clog up this thread.

⚫ Ranks ⚫
A summary of the ranks available. Indepth information on ranks can be found here.
----------
Alpha - The head honcho of the pack. Not necessarily the oldest, strongest, or wisest, but the most suited for the job. It cannot be applied for.
Beta - The Alpha's hand-chosen second in command. It can currently be applied for.
Gammas - The strongest of the pack, a special fighting brigade of sorts. It can currently be applied for.
Deltas - The fast footed scouts of the pack. It can no longer be applied for.
Epsilons - The middle ground - function as a run-of-the-mill subordinate. It can be applied for.
Omegas - Likely the weakest, clumsiest, or otherwise least willing or capable. It can be applied for.
Cubs - The youngsters. They're too young to hold a real rank. It can currently be applied for.

⚫ Members ⚫
A more extensive, detailed list can be found here.
Listed as Wolf Name, Forum Name, 2.7 Username, Sex, and Rank.
----------
Ezekiel (Dorken/Dorken) | ♂ | Alpha
Ghost (-Rogue-/WG) | ♂ | Gamma
Aster (altias/altias) | ♂ | Gamma
Espen (rainiepainie/RainiePainie) | ♂ | Delta
Mira (duskypack/Duskflower) | ♀ | Delta
Cassiel (pineapple_pizza/Alistair) | ♂ | Delta
Solo (Kamaal/Kamaal) | ♀ | Omega

⚫ Staff ⚫
Those who have some hand in running or moderating the game. This includes forum and game name.
----------
Dorken (Dorken) | Founder + Head Admin

⚫ Server Schedule ⚫
----------
Server information will be given to each new pack member who joins. If there is ever a change to the server name or password, it will be sent via private message to all members. Members are allowed to run their own servers using the same information and are free to meet up with other members whenever they please. This information is to be shared only with other pack members, and any who are found to be sharing it with those outside the pack (excluding guests and some allies) will be reprimanded. Irrelevant note: The secret word for the membership application is "hornswaggle", good luck.

The official schedule is based in UTC-7 (Mountain Time):
Monday - Friday: 10AM to 12PM and 3PM to 5PM
Weekends: 9AM to 11PM and 4PM to 6PM

Please take note that this schedule is subject to change.

⚫ Pack Goals ⚫
Things that we would like to accomplish as a pack, both relative to the thread and the roleplay itself.
----------
gain 5 members ☑
gain 10 members ☐
gain 15 members ☐
gain 20 members ☐
gain 25 members ☐
gain 30 members ☐

endure winter ☐
endure spring ☐
endure summer ☐
endure fall ☐
survive 1 year ☐

birth 1 litter ☐
birth 3 litters ☐
birth 5 litters ☐
birth 10 litters ☐

⚫ Membership Application ⚫
After applying for membership, you will receive both a message here stating your acceptance and a private message explaining further information such as server details.
Fields marked with a * are not obligatory, which means you can skip them if you'd like.
----------

Code: Select all

[b]Username:[/b] Your ingame username, not the one you use on the forums
[b]Character Name:[/b] The name of the character you will be playing as
[b]Sex:[/b] Male or female
[b]Age:[/b] 2 months minimum, 7 years maximum (for the time being)
[b]Desired Rank(s):[/b] Which rank(s) you'd like to hold
[b]*Personality:[/b] A brief description of your character's personality
[b]History:[/b] A description of the events that took place in your character's life up to the start of the RP. Must include some mention of how they got placed in the wolf sanctuary
[b]Status:[/b] Whether you would like your character to be a part of the pack as soon as you join or if you'd like to start the roleplay as a loner who joins the pack
[b]*Other:[/b] Just anything else you'd like to add. Be sure to follow the WQ rules
[b]*Picture:[/b] A full body picture of your character in the WolfQuest game for use on the website. Can always be submitted later on
[b]Secret Word (can be found somewhere in this thread):[/b] Intended to let us know if you actually read the rules
⚫ Ally/Rival Application ⚫
After applying for alliance or rivalry, you will receive both a message here stating your acceptance and a private message explaining relevant details further.
----------

[b]Pack Name:[/b] The name of your pack
[b]Ally or Rival?:[/b] To specify if you'd like to be a friend (ally) or foe (rival) to the pack
[b]Reason for Alliance or Rivalry:[/b] What's your admiration/beef?
[b]Pack Link:[/b] A link to your pack's thread
⚫ Pack Signature ⚫
Credit goes to -Rogue- for the coding. This is totally optional, but all members are free to display it in their signatures if they so please.
----------
The Beaver Theory

[center][color=#FFBF00]⚠[/color] The Beaver Theory [color=#FFBF00]⚠[/color]
[i][size=70]Lost River will never be the same.[/size][/i][/center]
Last edited by Dorken on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:49 am, edited 16 times in total.
deviantArt | Wolf Comic Reviews | WolfQuest Blog
The Beaver Theory

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Re: ⚠The Beaver Theory⚠ | High Ranks Open | New+Accepting |

Post by duskypack » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:50 pm

Wow, this pack looks just about perfect for me. I'm seriously considering joining!
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Dorken » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:59 pm

duskypack wrote:Wow, this pack looks just about perfect for me. I'm seriously considering joining!
I'm very glad to hear that! If you do decide to join sometime, I'd be happy to have you.
The Beaver Theory

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:55 pm

This is actually a really interesting idea! xD
I'm stalking this~

By the way, I assume it's only in-multiplayer roleplaying?
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

rainiepainie
Pup
Pup

Post by rainiepainie » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:20 pm

I'll consider joining this, the idea is awesome!
But one question. Will there be scheduled RP times?

-Wolf Ghost-
Pup
Pup

Post by -Wolf Ghost- » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:34 pm

I agree with duskypack! I'm seriously considering applying for it!
Ƭħϵrϵ iƨ nѳ Ƒϵar ѳf tħϵ Ѥxpϵriϵƞcϵ. Ɲѳtħiƞġ iƨ Ƭяuϵ. Ѥvϵяytħiƞġ iƨ Ƥϵяmittϵd .
“This is the day that you’ll always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow”
“I am. But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name.”

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:12 pm

Since the WolfQuest forums do not allow roleplay outside of the WolfQuest Roleplay Topic, your bit in the joining application that says:
*RP Sample: Nothing super fancy, I just want to see what your writing style is
Will need to be removed, though you can tell them to private message you that part instead!

Good luck on your pack!

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Dorken » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Quivira wrote:Since the WolfQuest forums do not allow roleplay outside of the WolfQuest Roleplay Topic, your bit in the joining application that says:
*RP Sample: Nothing super fancy, I just want to see what your writing style is
Will need to be removed, though you can tell them to private message you that part instead!

Good luck on your pack!
Oh, sorry about that, I wasn't sure if that constituted roleplaying or not. I'll remove it in a jiffy!

I'm glad people seem to be taking a shine to the idea, though. Thanks for the praises, everybody! Hopefully we'll have some people signing up soon.

To answer some questions:
Semper Solus wrote: By the way, I assume it's only in-multiplayer roleplaying?
Yes, that's right. I've noticed that some people who play WQ are unwilling to join forums (I know it's a more unique sort of preference around here), and I feel the game could carry the roleplay well enough on its own, especially considering the lore of it.
rainiepainie wrote:Will there be scheduled RP times?
Indeed there will be! At the beginning, we'll have a rough, loose schedule to go by, but soon enough I'll figure one out that takes regular school and work hours into account so people have a better chance of being able to get on. This will all be based in Central Time, for everyone's reference.
The Beaver Theory

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:04 pm

Hi, I will join!
Username: ???what is this Your ingame username, not the one you use on the forums Character Name: Lilac The name of the character you will be playing as Sex:Female Male or female Age: two 2 months minimum, 7 years maximum (for the time being) Desired Rank(s): Beta please Which rank(s) you'd like to hold Personality: A brief description of your character's personality History: Lilac was with her mother as a stray, humans had found her in Yellowstone and had moved to Lost River valley. Over time, she learned the ways of wolf and dog. She was a cross breed, but she was more wolf than dog. Her owners abandoned her when they moved out of the country. Her and mum where lost when it happened. They followed back home and knew it was time to leave for a pack of there own. They herd of the Beaver Theory, so they went and found the pack. Hoping they would let them stay. A description of the events that took place in your character's life up to the start of the RP. Must include some mention of how they got placed in the wolf sanctuary *Other: Just anything else you'd like to add. Be sure to follow the WQ rules Picture: A full body picture of your character in the WolfQuest game for use on the website Secret Word (can be found somewhere in this thread): Necessary, intended to let us know if you actually read the rules
I Read the rules and agree

Will update if I need to, I am using my tablet, so it is hard to see what is needed. I also do not know where the secret word is :-(
ITS GOING TO BE OKAY!!!!!

There is always a Light in the world...

Link
https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePianoGuys

Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Dorken » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:44 pm

BlueBellTigger wrote:Hi, I will join!
Welcome aboard! There's a couple of things you missed in the app, but they were things that would be difficult to add on a mobile device, so I understand. I'll be sending you a PM shortly after you've been added to the members list!
BlueBellTigger wrote:I also do not know where the secret word is :-(
Small hint for everybody: it's not in an obvious place, but it is in there somewhere. It is "irrelevant" to the place it is located in.
The Beaver Theory

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Dorken wrote:
Small hint for everybody: it's not in an obvious place, but it is in there somewhere. It is "irrelevant" to the place it is located in.
I do not get it... do you mean like at the top? Is it

' Lost River will never be the same.'??

And thanks for adding me, also,
How do I join the forms on the website?

Link

renny uwu
Pup
Pup
Name: Renn, Renee, Copper

Post by renny uwu » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Ah, I seem very interested in this. Though I don't have multilayer xc

N̷o̷ ̷o̷n̷e̷ is going to be with you
s̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̿̿̿̿̿̿ʏ̲̲̿ you will have to be a̧̪͍̫̼͇̕͡l̻̮̠͕̦̙o̸̴͉̼̗͞n̵̴̡̫̯̥͕̟̻̟e̯̰̘̝̟̜

avatar/sig © renny uwu/twinlinskis

Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Dorken » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:03 pm

BlueBellTigger wrote:
Dorken wrote:
I do not get it... do you mean like at the top? Is it

' Lost River will never be the same.'??

And thanks for adding me, also,
How do I join the forms on the website?
The secret word is somewhere within the body of the message, written as a note in one of the sections. It is somewhere below the Ranks portion.
The forms on the website are filled in manually. I've added your character's information in already on the Member's page. If you'd like me to make any adjustments, I will gladly do so.
Asmundr_Argeirr wrote:Ah, I seem very interested in this. Though I don't have multilayer xc
I'm sorry to hear that. However, if you do acquire multiplayer sometime in the future, we'd be very happy to have you!
The Beaver Theory

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:10 pm

Xd I did not see that coming! Lolz! Im a derp,
Here is the secret word!

"hornswaggle"
I like it to :-)

Thanks!

Link

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:59 am

Hmm, if the phrase chat would have given more options to choose from, I would ave considered joining. I find it kind of hard to roleplay in a multiplayer game... so this is sadly not going to work out for me.
But good luck with your pack. c:
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187