Pack Central FAQ

Make or join a pack in Pack Central. Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.

Moderator: Koa

Forum rules
Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.
valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Pack Central FAQ

Post by valkea » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:48 pm

• What is Pack Central? What are packs?
    - Pack Central is a board where users post their "packs" for people to join. Packs are generally groups of people with similar interests, or roleplays with their own unique plots, or groups of players who enjoy playing WolfQuest together. There are several reasons people can have for creating and joining packs, and with such a wide variety, there is certainly at least one pack suited for you! If not, you have the option of making your own as well!

Are there specific rules for Pack Central?
    - Yes, please view them before posting so you know exactly what is and is not allowed. They are viewable here: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=75062

Who can make a pack?
    - Anyone! There are no restrictions on who can create a pack, so if you want to make your own, feel free!

Can I lead a pack with one or more other people?
    - Sure, that's fine!

Are mates allowed? Can I be mates with the other pack leader?
    - No. Mates and mate-related content of any kind is not allowed on Pack Central.

Is it okay to have what can be considered mate-related content if I don't use the word mate?
    - No. Using words other than mate to convey the exact same meaning is still considered mate-related content and is not allowed.

How do I avoid mate-related content/How can I tell if something comes off as mate-related?
    - See here for a more detailed description of the issue of mates and how it is handled on Pack Central.

Who can join a pack?
    - Again, anyone! However, many packs may have requirements you must meet before joining, and rules you will be expected to obey. Make sure you read their thread carefully to make sure you would be allowed to join, and to make sure you can obey their rules.

How many packs can I make? How many can I join?
    - As many as you want! Just make sure you can handle them all. However, please keep in mind that pack creators can place restrictions on how many other packs you may be in, so keep that in mind when joining multiple packs.

Can I make a new account to manage my pack?
    - No. Having more than one WolfQuest account is highly discouraged.

Can I double post on my pack's thread?
    - No. Double posting is against the Forum Guidelines with the exception of specific situations in Avatars & Graphics and User Writings. While it may make sense to you to double post on your pack, it is still not allowed on this board.

How do I make a pack?
    - At the top of Pack Central, click the "New Topic" button to create a new thread. Then, begin creating your pack's first post. There are no special permissions, requirements, or anything else you need to do other than creating your pack's thread. What you include in your thread and how you run your pack is completely up to you as long as everything follows the general forum and Pack Central rules.

How do I join a pack?
    - Most packs will have applications for you to fill out and post on their thread. Simply fill out that application, and wait for a leader to accept or reject your application.
    (COPPA users cannot post on Pack Central threads, preventing them from posting an application. If you are a COPPA user looking to join a pack, message the pack's leader(s) and see if they accept COPPA users. If they do, you can message your application to them.)

What are pack websites?
    - Pack websites are websites not connected to WolfQuest that a pack may use to roleplay, organize events, or just chat. Because these websites are hosted off of WolfQuest, the WolfQuest staff cannot control what happens on them. As such, some packs will have content on their website that does not necessarily follow Pack Central's rules. Please be aware of that when considering a pack with a pack website and judge for yourself whether a pack's website is appropriate for you.

Does my pack need a website?
    - No. While most packs do have websites, they are completely optional and you are free to not have one for your pack.

If my pack doesn't have a website, is there anywhere on WolfQuest we can roleplay?
    - Yes! Provided your roleplay abides by the rules of the thread, you may use the WolfQuest Roleplay Thread (http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68437) as your pack's roleplay destination. Please keep in mind that the WolfQuest Roleplay Thread is an open roleplay, so anyone may join you, even if they are not part of your pack.

Does my pack have to be completely realistic?
    - No, you are allowed to have some unrealistic aspects to your pack. Unrealistic fur/eye colours, markings, patterns, settings, and hierarchies (such as kingdoms or packs with alphas, betas, and omegas), for example, are fine. Fantasy elements, such as magic powers or wings, are not allowed.
    (If you're unsure if something would be allowed or not, feel free to ask on this thread or by messaging a moderator!)

Does my pack have to consist only of wolves?
    - Yes. You may have any species or subspecies of wolves you want, even dire wolves, however other animals (including other canines such as maned wolves or coyotes) are not allowed. Werewolves are also not allowed.

Where can I advertise my pack?
    - Right here: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45882
    Please read over the rules for the advertisement thread before posting an advertisement. If it does not meet all of the rules listed, your ad will be removed from the thread.

No one is joining my pack! What do I do?
    - Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do. Advertising in the advertisement thread (linked above) can help, but ultimately the only thing you can do is wait for members, or try changing aspects of your's packs topic around to appeal to potential members.

Can I private message other users asking them to join my pack?
    - No. Messaging users you don't know asking them to join your pack is considered spam, and is not allowed.

Can I claim ownership to an idea?
    - No, no one can "own" ideas.

Does that mean that I can directly copy from other pack threads?
    - No. While ideas cannot be "owned", directly copying from another pack without permission is considered plagiarism and is not allowed.

Someone copied from my pack!
    - Please report the pack's thread or message a moderator with a link to the offending pack and a link to your pack so we can take care of it. Do not try to handle it yourself.

Someone is breaking the rules on a pack's thread, what should I do?
    - Either report the post (there is a '!' button at the top of every post that will let you do this) or message a moderator with a link to the post (Please avoid doing both! No matter which option you take, we will see it, so don't worry about it not being seen). Do not try to take care of the issue yourself. It's actually best if you ignore it, other than letting a moderator know about it.

Someone is harassing me, my pack, and/or its members. What do I do?
    - Ignore them, and either report the posts/messages or message a moderator explaining the problem so we can take care of it. If the problem is not located on the pack's thread or in another public place, please make sure you include proof of the problem. Acceptable proof includes, but may not necessarily be limited to screenshots of the problem or forwarding messages from your inbox to a moderator.

My pack was locked! Why?
    - There are several reasons why your pack may have been locked. It could have plagiarized another pack, there could have been a large amount of rule-breaking going on in the thread, it may have been deemed too unrealistic or otherwise unsuitable for WolfQuest, or it may be more of an advertisement than a pack thread.

Are locks permanent? Is there anything I can do to get my pack unlocked?
    - Locks are rarely permanent, and a moderator will always post the reason why it was locked, whether it is temporary or permanent, and the conditions in which it will be unlocked. If the lock is permanent, there is unfortunately nothing you can do to get it unlocked. Please avoid angrily messaging a moderator demanding that your thread be unlocked. This will only make a temporary lock last longer, and risk it becoming permanent.

How do I avoid making my pack thread look like an advertisement?
    - It really comes down to how much information is in your pack's thread. At the bare minimum, your pack thread should have some basic information about your pack, some rules, and a joining application. You can, of course, add more to your thread, however keep in mind that anything less will likely be considered an advertisement.

What else can I add to my thread?
    - Anything! You can add some ranks, statistics, a link to your pack's website if you have one, or anything else you can think of! The only limitation is that everything must follow WolfQuest's and Pack Central's rules.

I don't want to run my pack anymore, and I want it to be locked. How can I do this?
    - Messaging a moderator with a link to your pack asking for it to be locked will get it locked fastest. Alternatively, you can also report your pack's thread requesting a lock, or make a new post on your thread (as long as you're not double posting!) requesting a lock, or simply add something like (Please Lock!) to your thread's title.

My question isn't answered here?
    - Feel free to ask about it on this thread!

I have a suggestion for this thread!
    - Tell us! We're open for suggestions of things to add here, so any suggestions are appreciated.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

sibrena123
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Can i Jon enywons pack? ?

Post by sibrena123 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:17 pm

how do I get an account and also if I can join anyone's pack how do I join because I always get confused and it's very hard for me to figure out how to join their pack yes O also when you join a pack and you just like type whatever you want like you know like right whatever you say or write what you write whatever you want to say and you just go to rank by that would you like have to play wolf quest because I have no idea so because I'm kind of new 12 quest so it's kind of confusing I'm sorry if I'm
asking too much questions but I'm just a little bit curious but thank you if you answer these questions!!!!!!?????? :?: :?: :wink: :| :!:

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Re: Pack Central FAQ

Post by valkea » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:29 pm

• - You already have an account on WolfQuest, if that's what you mean. If you mean an account on a pack's website, you'll have to register on that website since they are not connected to WolfQuest. If you're having trouble signing up for a pack website, I'd recommend asking on their pack thread or messaging the pack leader for help.
    - Most packs have a joining application on the first post of their thread. Fill that out and post it on their thread, and a pack leader should get back to you and tell you whether you're accepted or not. If you're confused about a joining application, again, I'd recommend asking on the pack's thread or messaging the pack leader.
    - Not all packs require that you play the actual WQ game, though some do. Make sure you read through their thread to see if they use the game or not. If you're having trouble with the game, there are multiple sections of the FAQ that may be able to help you here, and the Tips, Hints, and Help board where you can ask questions.

cutepuppy4
Pup
Pup

Post by cutepuppy4 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:10 pm

can I make a pack will I get leader rank?
]the clan is calling
make a cat
join us today
http://lavaclan-warriors.boards.net/

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:12 pm

cutepuppy4 wrote:can I make a pack will I get leader rank?
Yes, you are free to make a pack and put yourself in the rank of pack leader. Just make sure your pack follows the Rules for Pack Central and the Forum Guidelines.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:15 pm

cutepuppy4 wrote:can I make a pack will I get leader rank?
Do you mean leader of the pack, or rank on the forums? Because the little "Newborn wolf" title under your username is something entirely different; you get that from posting. Source

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Fawn-Free202
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Fawn-Free202 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:07 am

I'm confused on how to get a website not related to wolf quest do i just make one? and post the link?

Hairam
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Hairam » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:18 am

Fawn-Free202 wrote:I'm confused on how to get a website not related to wolf quest do i just make one? and post the link?

Yes, several users create a different website to Roleplay with their WolfQuest pack since wolfquest.org only hosts one forum to RolePlay. :-) So definitely post the link if you ever make an off-site Roleplay for you PackCentral pack.
avvie; TheInfinite

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:02 pm

And if you're looking for somewhere to host your website, forumotion and proboards are popular free ones.

Shattered_Omen
Pup
Pup

Post by Shattered_Omen » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:42 pm

Can you have a character with a pup? As in you character has already had a pup and it is not stated(or implied) that the wolf has a mate.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:43 pm

Yes, that's fine.

Shattered_Omen
Pup
Pup

Post by Shattered_Omen » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:13 am

Katserin Kynsi wrote:
Yes, that's fine.
Okay thanks

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:16 am

Please make sure you have at least three words in your posts, not counting those in quotes, otherwise they will be considered spam.

Kelvin
Pup
Pup

Post by Kelvin » Sun May 22, 2016 1:34 pm

There doesn't seem to be anything against it here or in the rules, but is playing as the opposite gender discouraged? I don't mean trans characters, I just wouldn't want to be suspended for creating a female wolf.

Also, what are the limitations on poetry and song? The rule against religious content seems to preclude hymn-singing, but what about ballads, teaching songs, etc.?
"My home is not a place. It is people, sir."
-Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar

"You can get a lot of things done in dreams."
Brian Jacques

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sun May 22, 2016 1:50 pm

You can play whatever gender character you want.

As long as the songs are not religious, I don't think there is an issue. c:

ARE YOU A JEDI ?

av/sig : fidd/lupe