Whispers of Wolves RP, Accepting! 10 members :)

Make or join a pack in Pack Central. Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.

Moderator: Koa

Forum rules
Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.

Do you want to join?

yea!
25%
um... maybe
13%
not really.
13%
nope. not at all.
No votes
tacos!
50%

Total votes: 16

HappyStar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Whispers of Wolves RP, Accepting! 10 members :)

Post by HappyStar » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:18 pm

The story behind this place is from another land, and a pack called Silver Moons Pack. Moon, leader of that pack, couldn't keep up with it anymore, and the role of site-creator got passed along to me, Timber! Now, if you were a member on Silver Moons Pack, feel free to jump right in, because Moon already accepted you on the old site. No worries there. But, as this site is still new, it'd be fun to have a bunch of other wolves to role play with. :D
Basically, you've been separated from your pack and find yourself alone. With no one to help you hunt, or be there with you, you need to find your old friends and family, or find others to join up with. Or simply live on as a loner, fending for yourself. With a food shortage going on (great timing, eh?), survival is hard. No one knows who took everyone here, and it wasn't even everyone. The alphess of Silver Moons never arrived, but an wolf who dissapeared, and another who ran away, might be lurking in the shadows somewhere. What will happen to the pack?
You can hear A ringing sound as you fall asleep, a sharp bark, and you awake. The smell of fear is fresh , but there's no one is there. Alone you are, and supplies are running out fast. The food your pack has hunted recently has gone bad, and there is nothing to eat. No deer or hares, not even berries for little Timber to snack on. Simply gone, and your pack with it. Howling is no help, if there are no wolves to help you. Your only chance of survival is finding others, and keeping them with you. Silver Stones, Pure Greens, Blazing Suns, Aqua Mist. They are no more, seeing as everyone is separated. Mate from mate, friend from friend, pack from the Alphas. We are alone here, few of the old pack. In a strange new territory, like a sunken version of our old home. What will become of us? The packs are gone, and we are now set free among the lands, a distance away from each other. Can we find out friends, and family, again? Or will we be sentenced to the life of a loner, living in solitude while sanity slowly drains away from the soul. Will old wolves return, or will we leave? It's most wolves nightmare. Alone, starving, with little hope to comfort the mind, as we cannot comfort each other.

As for packs, this is where you discover where your loyalties lye. There aren't the same amount of places to live as the old home. Packs may split up, or merge together, or new ones could form. Strengths and weaknesses are tested in this land, as wolves have to think like they've never thought before. Could the alphas find their pack in time, before they've decided the life of A loner is better? Or the pack members have already split apart into different groups? There's no way to know, it all depends on the core of your wolfs heart. Evil, or Good. Powerful, or Weak. In the race to figuring out this place, you have to know what matters most to you. What's your first priority? Finding your family and friends, or finding food and shelter? Each territory has it's own dangers. In the deep waters of the swamp, large alligators and crocodiles lurk, or you could simply drown. Lightning strikes out in the grasslands, and snakes bite. Mountain lions lunge on the mountain, and the cold is something none are used to.
Here are the territory's: (drum roll pleaseeee)

THE SWAMPLANDS

The place is exactly what it sounds like. A humid, annoying, soggy place to live. A wolf that braved these waters would have to be smart enough, or fast enough, to out swim the dangers that lurk in these waters.

THE GRASSLANDS

These wide open fields are subject to storms, and lightning strikes are frequent. Careful where you step, snakes slither through the tall grass as well. A few trees make a small shelter, the only place to rest for miles around.

THE MOUNTAIN

This land offers a little shelter, in between rocks on the mountain. As you get higher, though, be warned. The temperature drops rapidly, and it will be harder to breathe. Not much grows, except for the occasional patch of grass or scratchy bush.

RANKS AND SUCH:
Alpha/Alphess: leader of a territory, can be self proclaimed... as long as there's a place for your pack
Beta: Typical, helps the leader out. The second in command.
Warrior: Does the fighting for the pack, not a wolf to mess with.
Hunter: Just what it sounds like. The supply the pack with food they've hunted.
Healer: The packs doctor, they have to memorize the herbs and heal wolves.
Outcast: A wolf who ran away from the pack, or was thrown out.
Loner: A lone wolf, going from territory to territory as they please.
Delta: The third in commands, usually lead a hunt when others are busy.
Nanny: The wolves who enjoy taking care of pups, and do so when the parents are away hunting. Or they help the healers, if there should be any need.
Of course there's always yearling and pups, too.

Well, the site is new, and I'm still learning the ropes of actually making stuff sound interesting. Sorry. The site link is http://whispers-of-wolves.forumotion.com/ if you've decided you want to join. :)
Last edited by HappyStar on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Timmy bear, what have you done now?

DreamerDay

Re: Whispers of Wolves, the story of what happened.

Post by DreamerDay » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:40 pm

I think this is in the wrong category....
Last edited by DreamerDay on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HappyStar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by HappyStar » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:46 pm

oopsidaisy. Is it? I'm a bit new to posting...

DreamerDay

Post by DreamerDay » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:55 pm

HappyStar wrote:oopsidaisy. Is it? I'm a bit new to posting...
I don't know, I could be wrong. Are you posting to have further discussion with (about wolves) or posting to look for a pack?

HappyStar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Whispers of Wolves RP, Accepting!

Post by HappyStar » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:57 pm

I was posting a pack role play... I thought that was what the pack central was for...?

DreamerDay

Post by DreamerDay » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:00 pm

HappyStar wrote:I was posting a pack role play... I thought that was what the pack central was for...?
Oh! Okay, I'm sorry. Because I reading your introduction and realized it sounded more of a fact (about wolves) than an personal narrative one. Okay, I'm sorry.

Edit: adding colors and colorful design would really make the thread prettier and more noticeable.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:02 pm

They have provided a website for joining and basic pack information; I don't think it is in the wrong category or misleading at all, even with the "narrative" included.

You might want to include some information about your pack's ranks, and try not to make the history sound like roleplaying (i.e. using "you"/describing certain historical aspects of your pack from a roleplaying-esque point of view). Otherwise, you're fine.

If you need any additional tips on creating your pack/pack thread, please see this topic:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=62845

Hope that helps clarify things for you.

HappyStar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by HappyStar » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:50 am

Okie dokie! the beginning, in white, is more of an explanation for the wolves of Silver Moons Pack, a RP site that was recently deleted. We all were confused when the site no longer appeared, and I thought it would clear some stuff up.

Eclipse Senpai
Pup
Pup

Re: Whispers of Wolves RP, Accepting! 10 members :)

Post by Eclipse Senpai » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:25 am

Hi, Timber! I had registered on the old site, but I see that is no longer active.... I was wondering, do I have to register on the new site, as well???
.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.
÷·.·´¯`·)» Meadow Eclipse «(·´¯`·.·÷

Ƴσυ ɗση'т кησω нσω ѕтяσηg уσυ αяє....
UηтιƖ вєιηg ѕтяσηg ιѕ тнє σηƖу σρтιση уσυ нανє.

sig - riv
Pack of Rolling Thunder
http://rollingthunder.forumotion.com/

AVVIE COURTESY OF ACTION BAT
i squished me cupcake...

[ farlaince ]
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by [ farlaince ] » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:09 am

MeadowEclipse1 wrote:Hi, Timber! I had registered on the old site, but I see that is no longer active.... I was wondering, do I have to register on the new site, as well???
Yes, you should register on the new site if you would like to continue role-playing.

My apologies for the double-post! I accidentally hit 'quote' instead of edit.

─ Evangenette.
Last edited by [ farlaince ] on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

[ farlaince ]
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by [ farlaince ] » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:10 am

Harleen Quinzel wrote:
MeadowEclipse1 wrote:Hi, Timber! I had registered on the old site, but I see that is no longer active.... I was wondering, do I have to register on the new site, as well???
Yes, you should register on the new site if you would like to continue role-playing.

So many people have voted "tacos.."

─ Evangenette.

Eclipse Senpai
Pup
Pup

Post by Eclipse Senpai » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:11 am

Harleen Quinzel wrote:

─ Evangenette.
Okay, thank you! I'll go ahead and do that now!
haha now I want a taco....
.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.

sig - riv
Pack of Rolling Thunder

i squished me cupcake...

HappyStar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by HappyStar » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Yes. The tacos are very popular. ^^ Welcome back Eclipse, by the way.

Eclipse Senpai
Pup
Pup

Post by Eclipse Senpai » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:03 pm

HappyStar wrote:Yes. The tacos are very popular. ^^ Welcome back Eclipse, by the way.
Thank you! It's good to be back! Home sweet home! Also, welcome seehara!!
.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.

sig - riv
Pack of Rolling Thunder

i squished me cupcake...