Rules for Pack Central

Make or join a pack in Pack Central. Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.

Moderator: Koa

Forum rules
Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.
Preslasia
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Post by Preslasia » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:39 pm

"- Creatures that are not wolves (including other canines such as maned wolves, coyotes, dogs, etc.)"

Do Wolf-Dogs count? Mean they are half wolf or else where percentage compared to dogs.
Everyone’s gonna die. It’s a natural part of life. But if life has no purpose, you’re dead already.
Kiba (Wolf’s Rain)

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:41 pm

Preslasia wrote:"- Creatures that are not wolves (including other canines such as maned wolves, coyotes, dogs, etc.)"

Do Wolf-Dogs count? Mean they are half wolf or else where percentage compared to dogs.
Katserin Kynsi wrote:
Dorken wrote:I'm thinking of starting a pack of my own soon, and I was wondering something: I know that coywolves (coyote/wolf crosses) are allowed within reason as previously mentioned in this thread, but are other such crosses allowed? I don't mean things like fox/wolf crosses, of course, since those are impossible, but are things like wolfdogs allowed? I know that dogs themselves are not allowed, but is it a different matter if they're a wolf cross?
So sorry for the late reply - as long as it's still within reason and is actually possible, crosses in general should be fine. Looks like you've already found that out though since your pack is already going, heh.
Wolfdogs are included in the above answer.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

-Amsel-

Post by -Amsel- » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Hey, I got brave and decided to make a pack, but theres one thing i'm unsure about. I know it's been asked before but I'm still not really sure about RP on your pack's thread. would it be okay to put something like 'hello, restless wanderer. are you looking for a place to call home?' in your pack's introduction?

Noella
Name: Noella

Post by Noella » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:01 pm

As long as it doesnt sound like rp. You could give an example of what you mean to say in the paragraph?

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:07 pm

Ravenwolf2 wrote:Hey, I got brave and decided to make a pack, but theres one thing i'm unsure about. I know it's been asked before but I'm still not really sure about RP on your pack's thread. would it be okay to put something like 'hello, restless wanderer. are you looking for a place to call home?' in your pack's introduction?
I think something like that would be alright. Usually when we remind someone of the no roleplay rule, it's because they've done something more like the example Koa has given here.
Generally, when first person is used or the inclusion of "you" occurs and some opening that follows, e.g., "You walk into a bramble clearing and see many wolves watching you," then yes, we are more likely to call it out as roleplay.
Obviously that isn't the only kind of situation where something can be considered roleplay, however putting something similar to the example you've given strikes me more as a greeting/invitation than roleplaying. If you're really worried about it possibly coming off as roleplay but still want to have something like that in your introduction, you could also just make mentions of it being fictional, a website, or really anything like that that would take the reader away from anything that would seem to be in-character, if that makes sense. I'd also recommend avoiding anything that references an action that you're unable to do; for example, telling the reader you'll show them around the pack's territory.

-Amsel-

Post by -Amsel- » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:16 pm

Wow! that was fast! anyway, yeah. I figured it would be fine since it's nothing like "Hello, my name is--" or "follow me to--". but I wanted to make sure. it's pretty much the "hello, restless wanderer, are you looking for a place to call home?" then it goes into describing the pack. thanks for the help!

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Fri May 27, 2016 1:31 pm

A "new" rule has been added.
What Is Not Allowed
- Double posting on your pack's thread for any reason
While this isn't really new, seeing as double posting is not allowed throughout the forum (with the exception of specific situations in User Writings and Avatars & Graphics), I have added it to Pack Central's rules because I have noticed a large increase in people double posting to have their pack locked. While some people doing this seem aware that double posting is generally not allowed, I have decided to make it clear that it is not allowed in Pack Central in an attempt to cut down on the frequency in which this is happening.
I'll also be editing the FAQ to include this.

7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Elliott

Re: Rules for Pack Central [Updated 5/27/2016]

Post by 7KodaWolf7 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:32 pm

What is double-posting?
They/them only, please!
⤐ "Is not the balance of our world the concern of all?"
~ Nava, Balto II: Wolf Quest

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Re: Rules for Pack Central [Updated 5/27/2016]

Post by valkea » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:10 pm

Double posting is posting twice in a row on a thread without anyone else posting in between.
So if you post on a thread, someone else posts, then you post again, it is not double posting.
If you post on a thread, no one else posts, and you post again, it is double posting and is not allowed on Pack Central regardless of the reason for why you did it.

Edit: Hello everyone! There has been an update on the rule disallowing mates. Please make sure you have read this so you are familiar with what's going on.

As everyone (hopefully) knows, mates and mate-related content is not allowed on WolfQuest. This includes (but is not necessarily limited to) situations such as mentioning a mate in your wolf's history, saying you have a mate, or saying you are looking for a mate. Usually, this rule is followed and is not an issue. However, it has been noticed that it is not uncommon for users to attempt to get around this rule simply by not using the word "mate" and opting for alternatives such as "couple" or "pair/bonded pair". In the past, this has been allowed, but starting from now you will no longer be allowed to get away with having rule-breaking content by avoiding the word "mate".

Terms such as "couple" or "pair" are not being banned completely. The only situations where they are disallowed is when they are clearly being used to get around the rule regarding mates. What does this mean, exactly? Well, to give a couple examples,
  • 1. If you are told to remove mate-related content from your post and literally all you do is replace the word "mate" with something else, it does not count as having removed mate-related content. If you replace the word "mate" with something else, it is recommended that you make mention of it being a friendly, platonic relationship or something similar that makes it more clear that it is a platonic relationship so that it is not misunderstood to be an attempt at getting around the rules regarding mates.

2. If the relationship between the wolves described is clearly non-platonic (meaning it is romantic and/or sexual in nature), it will still be considered mate-related content. An example of this would be two wolves described as a pair that have had pups together.

3. If the relationship between the wolves described is platonic, that's still fine! An example of this would be two wolves described as a pair that are close friends.
If you have any questions about this rule, please feel free to ask. The FAQ has also been updated to reflect the rule update.

Medivah
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Rules for Pack Central [Updated 7/20/2016]

Post by Medivah » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:40 pm

Is posting an image of a wolf when you are roleplaying for your character allowed?
──────────────────
FIRE VALLEY PACK
ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ - ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ
ᴀ ꜱᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴘᴀᴄᴋ ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ
──────────────────
────────────────────
L A I L A
as beautiful as an
A N G E L
as fierce as a
B U L L E T
────────────────────

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:44 pm

Yes, you may post images of your characters, however keep in mind that roleplaying on Pack Central itself is not allowed and to post images directly, you will need to be part of the image tags usergroup.

owlemoji
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by owlemoji » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi! I'm advertising for a site that has a cat roleplay as well. Is it possible for me to mention that there is a cat roleplay in site but not go into detail about them in the WolfQuest thread?

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:30 pm

As long as the main focus of your thread is the wolf-based roleplay and not the cat one, and members aren't required to participate in the cat roleplay, I would say that you'd be alright. For example, if you only mention the cat roleplay in passing or something similar, that's fine because it suggests that it is an optional side roleplay that members of the wolf roleplay don't have to participate in, and the focus is still put on the wolf roleplay. If, however, you advertise it the same way you advertise the wolf roleplay (listing ranks for it, detailed descriptions of it, etc.), then that wouldn't be okay. It takes a lot of focus away from the wolf roleplay, and suggests that the cats are part of the "pack" being advertised, which obviously goes against the "wolf packs only" rule.

If you want to be completely safe about it, then it's probably easier to just not mention it at all, or say something along the lines of, "we have another/other roleplay(s) on our site, check it out for more details!" instead.

Ghosten
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ghosten » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Hello! I'm kind of new around here, so I apologize if the question I'm about to ask has already been mentioned. Is there any particular reason why other canines or fantasy content isn't allowed in roleplays? Also, since fantasy content is prohibited, does that mean that if your roleplay has a few unrealistic features then it isn't allowed? Thank you for any answers. :>

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:03 am

Ghosten wrote:Hello! I'm kind of new around here, so I apologize if the question I'm about to ask has already been mentioned. Is there any particular reason why other canines or fantasy content isn't allowed in roleplays? Also, since fantasy content is prohibited, does that mean that if your roleplay has a few unrealistic features then it isn't allowed? Thank you for any answers. :>
Other canines are not allowed because WolfQuest is a site and game about wolves and not canines in general, and fantasy content is not allowed because we do generally like to maintain some level of realism, and packs with fantasy content don't really go along with that. Unrealistic features in general are not disallowed, only fantasy features such as powers or wings. Realism is allowed, semi-realism is allowed, fantasy is not. So if it's just a few unrealistic features like unrealistic colors, patterns, hierarchies, settings, etc., that wouldn't fall under the category of "fantasy", then that isn't a problem.