Rules for Pack Central

Make or join a pack in Pack Central. Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.

Moderator: Koa

Forum rules
Please read the Pack Central FAQ before posting.
Ghosten
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Rules for Pack Central

Post by Ghosten » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:11 am

Kirave wrote:
Ghosten wrote:Hello! I'm kind of new around here, so I apologize if the question I'm about to ask has already been mentioned. Is there any particular reason why other canines or fantasy content isn't allowed in roleplays? Also, since fantasy content is prohibited, does that mean that if your roleplay has a few unrealistic features then it isn't allowed? Thank you for any answers. :>
Other canines are not allowed because WolfQuest is a site and game about wolves and not canines in general, and fantasy content is not allowed because we do generally like to maintain some level of realism, and packs with fantasy content don't really go along with that. Unrealistic features in general are not disallowed, only fantasy features such as powers or wings. Realism is allowed, semi-realism is allowed, fantasy is not. So if it's just a few unrealistic features like unrealistic colors, patterns, hierarchies, settings, etc., that wouldn't fall under the category of "fantasy", then that isn't a problem.
Okay, that makes sense! Thank you for your response. I have another question; say that a pack has up to 20 members, and as there are only a maximum of 8 people on a server at once, would it be permissible to make a new post on the pack's thread saying when the server is open? Also, would it be okay to rotate through the members so that everyone has ample opportunity to be a part of the pack and roleplay? For instance, say one day for an hour User A can roleplay, and then the next hour User B... or something like that? I'm not really sure how that would work, but it's just a thought!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:42 am

1. I don't see why not-- just don't double-post. You can always copy your post, delete it, and repost it. Some packs are multiplayer-oriented.

2. I'm not sure what you're asking. How you roleplay is up to you, but you cannot roleplay on your pack thread.

Ghosten
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ghosten » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:51 pm

Koa wrote:1. I don't see why not-- just don't double-post. You can always copy your post, delete it, and repost it. Some packs are multiplayer-oriented.

2. I'm not sure what you're asking. How you roleplay is up to you, but you cannot roleplay on your pack thread.
Thank you for your response! It has helped me out a lot.

Swans Feathger
Pup
Pup

Post by Swans Feathger » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:32 pm

what is a maned wolf?
my favourite games on the computer are: WolfQuest, AnimalJam, Star Stable, howrse and all the dreamzer games.

My favourite books are: Warriors, The Wolf Chronicles, survivers and Spirit Animals.

I will be getting a horse in about 3 years and a half years. So excited!

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:37 pm

Swans Feathger wrote:what is a maned wolf?
A maned wolf is a canid species that, despite its name, is not actually a wolf. It is mentioned here in the rules because they have been mistaken for actual wolves on this site, even though they are not... and also it's a personal pet peeve of mine, heh. They're a pretty unique species, their Wikipedia article is a really nice place to start learning about them.
The maned wolf is not closely related to any other living canid. It is not a fox, wolf, coyote, dog, or jackal, but a distinct canid. Although based only on morphological similarities, it previously had been placed in Canis and Vulpes genera.[3] Its closest living relative is the bush dog (genus Speothos) and it has a more distant relationship to other South American canines (the short-eared dog, the crab-eating fox, and the 'false foxes' or Pseudalopex).[22]
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Swans Feathger
Pup
Pup

Post by Swans Feathger » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:42 pm

ok. thank you for the information.
my favourite games on the computer are: WolfQuest, AnimalJam, Star Stable, howrse and all the dreamzer games.

My favourite books are: Warriors, The Wolf Chronicles, survivers and Spirit Animals.

I will be getting a horse in about 3 years and a half years. So excited!

ShadowOkamiMT
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Shadow

Post by ShadowOkamiMT » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:50 am

I feel this is a bit much limiting your members of what they can make their pack be like, in other words I realize this is suppose to be an educational program and game, but honestly why do you guys make rules for what kind of pack players can make? It seems kind of silly and I think these should not be your official rules, player's should be allowed to make their pack how ever they like as long as they abide by your overall rules for multiplayer and basic forum rules, like not being inappropriate. But not allowing players to make ranked packs, have their wolves imagined how they wish, and so on is quite controlling and a little silly. Just to be clear this is not "arguing" it is feedback and what I think you should change. Thank you.
Shadow

"Your worst nightmare turned into a daydream"

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:14 am

ShadowOkamiMT wrote:I feel this is a bit much limiting your members of what they can make their pack be like, in other words I realize this is suppose to be an educational program and game, but honestly why do you guys make rules for what kind of pack players can make? It seems kind of silly and I think these should not be your official rules, player's should be allowed to make their pack how ever they like as long as they abide by your overall rules for multiplayer and basic forum rules, like not being inappropriate. But not allowing players to make ranked packs, have their wolves imagined how they wish, and so on is quite controlling and a little silly. Just to be clear this is not "arguing" it is feedback and what I think you should change. Thank you.
It seems you misunderstand the leniency of this forum and its rules. Ranked packs are allowed and compose the virtually majority of this board. Unnatural coat/eye colors, etc. are also allowed. I suppose you'd only have a problem with the rules if you wanted to make a pack of non-wolves or fantastical elements. Because the sole, specific complaint you listed is allowed, I admit I do not understand the point of your feedback otherwise.

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:03 pm

If one made a pack, would they be able to talk about the WQ game and pack events on their pack topic in Pack Central? Or are the comments just for joining the pack.
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:58 pm

Black Burn wrote:If one made a pack, would they be able to talk about the WQ game and pack events on their pack topic in Pack Central? Or are the comments just for joining the pack.
All of the above as long as it's relevant to overall pack discourse.

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:32 pm

Koa wrote:
Black Burn wrote:If one made a pack, would they be able to talk about the WQ game and pack events on their pack topic in Pack Central? Or are the comments just for joining the pack.
All of the above as long as it's relevant to overall pack discourse.
Thank you! This helped a lot!
. . «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» . .
. ⌐∙ . ∙•°F8°•∙ . ∙¬ .
So take the best parts of me
Locked away without the keys . .. . ════ =
= ════. .. .And know that I'm forever by your side
= «`∙^«`∙ ∙`»^∙`» =
avatar=Lupe/signature=TimberRaven

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:59 am

Ooooops, I made a pack THEN I saw the rules. :lol: No rule-breaking though, I made up some of the ranks! XD

Sunshine2302

Post by Sunshine2302 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi, I'm looking to join a pack I was told this is where to go to join one? :wolf:

Noella
Name: Noella

Post by Noella » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:19 pm

Hello, Sunshine2302, you can view the Advertisements thread for packs as well as look through the pack threads in this forum to choose an active pack of your liking.

DuskMane
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Dusk

Post by DuskMane » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:25 pm

How do I get a BB code???
Hello, I'm DuskMane but I go by Dusk I'm a lone wolf I'm strong and playful goofy sweet and adventurous may my howl be heard forever just exploring thats why I prefer to be lone wolf