WolfQuest YouTube Series

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
exleyal
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Anna

WolfQuest YouTube Series

Post by exleyal » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:10 pm

I have an exciting opportunity for gamers and storytellers!

Recently I have been working on a story featuring wolves. It is a hilarious fantasy adventure series following multiple main characters as they figure out life on their own in a valley of many threats.

After emailing WolfQuest, they are allowing me to post a series featuring the game on YouTube! So this will not infringe on any copyright as long as the game is credited.

I am already well along in the process of writing and worldbuilding. My main necessities are voice actors, gamers, and maybe fellow editors to help me produce the show. For every wolf character on screen, there will need to be a player controlling that wolf on their own computer. I also need plenty of cameras. It is very fortunate that WolfQuest is designed with Photomode and Camera Control, which will come in handy in this instance, but I would also like to add stable cameras using other wolves point of view (I call them Camera Wolves).

This is mainly for fun, but I also need any participates to be dedicated to this. Here are some things to consider:

1. This is not paid and will depend on everyone volunteering free time. We don't necessarily have to be coordinated and do things at the same time, but there is work you will be expected to complete. Please do not join this hoping you will get rich or famous, as that is never guaranteed in the entertainment and art business. This is simply an opportunity to have fun and tell a story.

2. The content of this show is mature. Obviously due to the constructs of the game, there will be no nudity or graphic violence to worry about, but I will give voice actors plenty of freedom when it comes to swearing and cursing. It is not required for voice actors to swear, and you will most likely record dialogue in your own home and never interact with the other actors in person, but please be aware that the content you are apart of will be Rated R. For voice actors, I am looking for highschool-college age volunteers, since that is the target viewer demographic. (For reference, see Red vs Blue, available on Netflix or YouTube).

3. There will be no hateful or offensive speech allowed. All jokes and dialogue will be monitored and reviewed. Any actor violating these terms will be removed from the project. This also extends to interactions of actors and controllers in the forums we will be working on.

4. Editors, cameras, and character controllers will need to work in similar graphics on trustworthy computer systems. We will be working with the Anniversary Edition (once multiplayer is released) and with the highest graphics quality possible, but I also want to shoot for smooth and fast movements of the characters and camera. If you have a computer that often crashes while playing the game, it might become a problem for us when we're trying to film a scene.

This process is still in the early works, so don't worry if you have a busy schedule at the moment! It may be a while before we can even start filming.

Whew, I have a lot here! But if you've made it this far, I hope that means you're just as excited about this as I am! If you have any questions or want to discuss this further, go ahead and leave a comment or message me! Since we are, so far, strangers on the internet, I will be asking some questions about why you are interested and general info about yourself. Please be careful not to post your personal email or information in a forum other people can see. You do not have to give me your real name, but make sure I will be able to properly credit you if you work on a video that gets posted. If you have previous experience with creating similar media, write stories, post on YouTube, or even have professional experience, please mention it so I can let you in on the project! I have to make sure you are serious about this offer, and not a hacker, or troll, or just posting spam.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: WolfQuest YouTube Series

Post by Koa » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:07 pm

FYI, if there is swearing/cursing/etc. in the videos, you will not be able to post links to them here, our Discord, etc.

exleyal
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Anna

Re: WolfQuest YouTube Series

Post by exleyal » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:22 pm

Thank you for letting me know! I may have eventually made that mistake if not warned.
  • POST MERGE
Update

Multiplayer is up and running, and we have a handful of Voice Actors excited to start recording. We are still on the lookout for gamers to help control characters. Anyone who enjoys playing WolfQuest 3, and can play at a fast/good graphics quality are welcomed to reach out! Go ahead and reply to this thread or send a private message!
Last edited by Neamara on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post in accordance with the forum guidelines.