A Wolf Called Wander

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

A Wolf Called Wander

Post by Flamesky » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:20 am

This thread is a place to discuss the book A Wolf Called Wander by Rosanne Perry, which released recently in May 2019. The writing is around a middle-grade reading level, is told in first-person, and follows the adventures of a yearling-age wolf, Swift, who manages to survive on his own after a rival wolf pack attacks his family. While the story is fictional, the overall premise is inspired by OR-7 (Journey). I think this book will be of interest to WolfQuest players, and overall it did a fairly good job depicting a younger wolf's struggle to survive in the wild.

<<<<<>>>>>
The wolf pack runs as one and together we are stronger
<<<<<>>>>>

DaniBeez

Re: A Wolf Called Wander

Post by DaniBeez » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:26 pm

I took a look inside the book from the Amazon link. The illustrations are beautiful, and there's lots of background information provided on both OR-7 and many of the creators they encounter on their journey. I think I would have really liked this book when I was younger! The author refers to the wolf breeding pair as the "alpha pair", but I thought the role descriptions were more or less accurate. Overall it looks good!
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur