Tomm Moore's Wolfwalkers

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Tomm Moore's Wolfwalkers

Post by PearlyReborn » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:14 am

I'm a pretty big fan of Cartoon Saloon, who did Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea, and when I found out that they were making a movie about wolves, I was pretty excited.

You can watch the concept trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL_RH3P6Cz0

It looks pretty cool and the "wolf vision" with the charcoal background and colored scents kind of reminded me of WolfQuest!

Unfortunately we'll have to wait a while for it to come out because it's estimated to be finished in 2020-2021.
To a new world of gods and monsters!

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Re: Tomm Moore's Wolfwalkers

Post by Frodo1 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:11 am

Whoa, this looks fascinating! Definitely gonna be keeping my eye on this one...
The style is pretty unique too and I like that!
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

Noxeon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Eon

Post by Noxeon » Tue May 01, 2018 2:52 am

Waaa!? I love cartoon saloon! I had no idea they were coming out with a movie about wolves. The trailer looks awesome! I am so pumped for this now! Too bad it's such a long wait before the release though... I suppose it gives them time to perfect it though. Cartoon Saloon has such a unique and beutiful art style and I can imagine a lot of time and care is put into thier movies.

˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙
˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙⚫˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙
❖❖❖ ―――――――――― ❖❖❖
The ɗɑʀkɳɛรร falls around
me at night

αиd cαяvєร мє
wiтн รilєиcє รσ
bяigнт
❖❖❖ ―――――――――― ❖❖❖
˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:37 pm

Wolfwalkers came out recently! It's simply breathtaking – every frame could be a poster and oozes with care and attention to detail. I love how the differing artstyles for each character communicate their personality (pay attention to the lineart of Robyn – it goes sketchier as she gets "wilder"). The music, too, is wonderful. I didn't think the Aurora song would work in the movie but Bruno Coulais's instrumentation tied it in with the rest of the soundtrack. The animation of the "wolf vision" is beyond impressive and was used very well. All in all, it's a beautiful fairytale of a movie.

Here's the trailer, if anyone hasn't seen it yet.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:15 pm

Thanks for sharing the trailer duskypack. It looks super cute!

EDIT I watched it a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it; I think I'd give it an 8/10. Beautiful animation with a unique style that suits the setting. I also appreciated the non-romantic plot and the relationship (not necessarily romantic) between the main characters; I think seeing two female leads and a non-romance focus is important, particularly in films aimed for younger audiences. Sometimes the movie felt too long, but I never lost interest. I enjoyed the soundtrack as well. Worth a watch, even if you just get Apple TV and cancel the free trial after, which is how I watched it :P .
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur