In Praise of Wolves

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Brinnadaze
Pup
Pup
Name: Brianna

In Praise of Wolves

Post by Brinnadaze » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:18 am

If you're having a hard time finding a good book to read about wolves, I'd suggest In Praise of Wolves, written by R.D. Lawrence, published in 1986.

"For more than 30 years, popular field naturalist R.D. Lawrence has dedicated himself to demolishing old myths about this long persecuted and misunderstood species. Filled with personal stories and startling insights into the close relationship of human and wolf behaviour, In Praise of Wolves will entertain, fascinate and educate."

"...(a) highly-readable potpourri of wolf stories and anedotes." Kingston Whig Standard

"He goes among the wolves not with fear or hatred but with a strong desire to know and to understand." Toronto Star

"A labour of love, lovingly rendered." Kirkus

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Re: In Praise of Wolves

Post by roguemoon » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:38 pm

I actually found this book in a pile of old books and furniture someone had left in the hall of my sister's apartment :mrgreen:
I'm so glad I did. It really is a great read.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Brinnadaze
Pup
Pup
Name: Brianna

Re: In Praise of Wolves

Post by Brinnadaze » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:11 pm

roguemoon wrote:I actually found this book in a pile of old books and furniture someone had left in the hall of my sister's apartment :mrgreen:
I'm so glad I did. It really is a great read.
If asked what your favorite part(s) of the book were, what would they be?