The Oldest Wolf in the World!

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

The Oldest Wolf in the World!

Post by Phasoli » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm

I found an interesting video about what is presumably the oldest wolf in the world. Now, I'm not sure if she's truly the oldest, but she is definitely a very, very old wolf. 19 years is such a long time! Wow!

||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

ViperBrains

Re: The Oldest Wolf in the World!

Post by ViperBrains » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:56 pm

Wow that is a very old wolf, most wolves normally live up to the age of 9-10 don’t they? Geez, so she would have lived ten years over the normal ratio.
☁️----------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------☁️--------------------☁️---------☁️------🌨️----------🌨️------------☁️--------------🌧️------🌧️----🌧️---------------------🌧️-----------🌦️--------------------🌦️---------⛅---------------------⛅-------------------🌤️------------------⛅----🌤️-----------☁️-------------------------------------------------☀️-------------------------------------------------------☁️-----------------------------------------------------☁️——————-☁️👒
(0u0)
/⌊_⌋\
🌻🌼 ---| | ---🌼🌷
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Av/Sobakka|Sig/Me

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:51 pm

Considering that in the wild, wolves are lucky to even greet their fifth birthdays, she is truly a senior, yes! It makes me wonder how old the oldest wild wolf was...
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:38 am

Moved to Wolf Multimedia.

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup
Name: Rimah

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:04 pm

In my country!
Wow, she is so beautiful. Amazing site and information about the oldest wolf. :wolf:
  • Post Merge
I'm sorry to announce that the oldest wolf in the world called "Madadh" sadly passed away on the 30th of this year (2017). :'( :( :wolf:
Last edited by Neamara on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged double post. In the future, if there are no new posts after your own, please edit your previous post if you have anything more to add. Thank you~ ♪
*~Wolf-Dog Therian~*
*~Myers Weapon~*
*~*
Playing WolfQuest since 2010 or 2011

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:59 pm

TheOnlyTherian wrote:I'm sorry to announce that the oldest wolf in the world called "Madadh" sadly passed away on the 30th of this year (2017). :'( :( :wolf:
While it is sad to learn of her passing, please refrain from double posting as this is considered a form of SPAM, neither of which are allowed on the WolfQuest community forums. For further information about what is and what is not allowed here, and for further definitions of SPAM, please take a moment to review the Forum Guidelines. Thank you.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

TheOnlyTherian
Pup
Pup
Name: Rimah

Post by TheOnlyTherian » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:23 pm

Neamara wrote:
TheOnlyTherian wrote:I'm sorry to announce that the oldest wolf in the world called "Madadh" sadly passed away on the 30th of this year (2017). :'( :( :wolf:
While it is sad to learn of her passing, please refrain from double posting as this is considered a form of SPAM, neither of which are allowed on the WolfQuest community forums. For further information about what is and what is not allowed here, and for further definitions of SPAM, please take a moment to review the Forum Guidelines. Thank you.
Oops, sorry. I was just really down about the wolf that I wasn't thinking straight.
*~Wolf-Dog Therian~*
*~Myers Weapon~*
*~*
Playing WolfQuest since 2010 or 2011

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:44 am

That's very sad to hear. She was an old wolf, so it isn't too much of a surprise to me that her time had come.

She made her mark in this world as the "oldest wolf in the world" {for a period of time}, that's a pretty special thing, not every wolf gets that special title. I hope she rests well after her doings ~ R.I.P Madadh
☁️----------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------------------☁️----------------------------------------☁️--------------------☁️---------☁️------🌨️----------🌨️------------☁️--------------🌧️------🌧️----🌧️---------------------🌧️-----------🌦️--------------------🌦️---------⛅---------------------⛅-------------------🌤️------------------⛅----🌤️-----------☁️-------------------------------------------------☀️-------------------------------------------------------☁️-----------------------------------------------------☁️——————-☁️👒
(0u0)
/⌊_⌋\
🌻🌼 ---| | ---🌼🌷
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Av/Sobakka|Sig/Me

Matryoshka524
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Matryoshka524 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:59 pm

Wow! What a beautiful wolf. It's amazing that she lived that long, considering how short your average wild wolf's lifespan is

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Fri May 31, 2019 12:37 pm

What a gentle girl! Very dog-like in her age (and living conditions of course :P). I saw an interview of that sanctuary recently that featured her in it.
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:13 am

That's a very nice wolf. It seemed to be quite friendly, but why were the humans treating the wolf like a dog? In studies I have read they never treat the wolf like a dog.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:59 pm

elkhunter123456 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:13 am
That's a very nice wolf. It seemed to be quite friendly, but why were the humans treating the wolf like a dog? In studies I have read they never treat the wolf like a dog.
Madadh was unique in the sense that she was raised by humans from a very early age, mere days old. She also remained at Wolf Watch UK for her entire life, coming into regular contact with likely many different people as an ambassador/educational animal. I also get the impression from her caretakers' testimonials that Madadh was exceptional in temperament even compared to other wolves raised in captive situations. The other wolves at Wolf Watch may very well still be shy towards humans. Her very old age may have also played a role in her docileness, since she has been in a very consistent environment for a long time.

You're right that the vast majority of wolves, captive and wild can't be treated as dogs; captive wolves who are intended for eventual release are exposed to humans as little as possible. Even wolfdogs can't really be treated like dogs! Madadh was definitely special.
DaniBeez
___Avatar by Sambhur

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:57 am

Ok, thanks for replying!
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:34 pm

No worries, just my interpretation of her story!
DaniBeez
___Avatar by Sambhur