Sliver Sky Studio's "Wolf" Movie

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
AshWolf Forever
Yearling
Yearling

Sliver Sky Studio's "Wolf" Movie

Post by AshWolf Forever » Wed May 10, 2017 11:03 pm

To the Mods: If this post is in the wrong place, or breaking some rule I missed, please PM me and I will be happy to delete it, and post it where it belongs if that needs done.

I've been following the progress of this indie film almost as long as I've been on this forum. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it plays out in the end. They've been doing Livestreams recently on their YouTube channel, too.

For those that don't know, "Wolf" is a fully volunteer project that aims to create a 2D animated film staring wolves. It is set "in the late 1920's in a semi-fictional area of the Grand Teton Mountains in Wyoming." It's the story of a pack of wolves and how they face human discrimination and fear. More info can be seen on their website: http://wolfmovie.com.

Is anyone else interested in seeing where this goes? What do you think of the concept thus far? I think its impressive that so many people came together to create something like this, even if its not done just yet.
"The Windwater Pack" thread is dead. Any info on further installments/developments will be on my website, which has a link on my profile.

That said, gonna try and be more active, if I can figure out how to get back in the swing of things.
Avatar by StanHoneyThief on deviantART

Writers Block
Name: Mika, Lynx

Re: Sliver Sky Studio's "Wolf" Movie

Post by Writers Block » Thu May 11, 2017 5:44 am

I stumbled across their YouTube channel once but assumed the project was inactive because at the time it looked like they hadn't uploaded any videos in a while. Good to hear they're still chugging along though! I personally think the concept feels a little campy but with the amount of effort everyone's putting into it (for free, I assume??) I'm not gonna complain or insult their vision lol. It's really impressive how far they seem to have come, most projects I stumble across on yt barely make it past casting calls
we are not history yet.
we are happening now.
how miraculous is that?
avvie©mute
quote©wtnv

AshWolf Forever
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AshWolf Forever » Thu May 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Yes, all for free. I agree, it's pretty cool how far they've come and that they don't quit. I hope to see them reach the end one day. :) (Though they could use background artists from what I hear.)

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:38 am

I actually thought it was done for as well. I'm glad that they are continuing, it seems like an interesting project!
MP username: novasaurus
MP wolf name: Ylva

AshWolf Forever
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AshWolf Forever » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:02 pm

Me too, I'm an Inker on the project now. Stuff's moving, slow but steady.
"The Windwater Pack" thread is dead. Any info on further installments/developments will be on my website, which has a link on my profile.

That said, gonna try and be more active, if I can figure out how to get back in the swing of things.
Avatar by StanHoneyThief on deviantART