"The Messenger" by Kylen Gartland

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Pallatsera
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

"The Messenger" by Kylen Gartland

Post by Pallatsera » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:27 pm

• Ameliora is a young gray wolf struggling with a disturbing recurring nightmare. In this terrible dream, she is pursued by a beast with horrible fangs who kills her each night just as she awakes from her horror. She tries to cope with the troubling scenes but is not completely able to hide it from her fellow pack mates. Most of them offer support, but some think she is just trying to avoid her duties.

During a hunt, a beloved motherly figure entertains the group by retelling an ancient myth of a dark-hearted wolf who bonds with the spirit of chaos and corruption to create a half-mortal that terrorizes the wolf world. In response, a pure-of-heart she-wolf bonds with the spirit of peace and unity to battle the evil beast.

Haunted by this story and how it might relate to her own nightmares, Ameliora slowly begins to discover her true character—and even her true purpose. As a prophecy comes to light, Ameliora feels the pull to venture out to answer an inner calling—and comes face-to-face with her destiny.

Filled with mystery, intrigue, and heroism, The Messenger is a rousing adventure from the opening page to the last.

This book was just released a couple of days ago! It's available on amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Messenger-Kylen-G ... n+Gartland

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: "The Messenger" by Kylen Gartland

Post by Koa » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:57 pm

I wanted to offer my congratulations on getting this published. Was this by chance inspired by any of the works you've shared here on WolfQuest in the past, and/or did they help you to write this in any way? :)

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:54 pm

• Congrats Pallatsera! Like Koa, I too remember you had been aspiring for publication for some time.

Pallatsera
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Pallatsera » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:46 pm

• @Koa - Thank you so much! It wasn't necessarily inspired. Actually, it's a bit of a long story. The short version is, I started writing this for WQ. But, moderators asked me to remove it for unrealistic elements. So I figured I would continue it on my own.

@Overcast - Thank you! I appreciate your kind words.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:16 pm

Pallatsera wrote:
  • @Koa - Thank you so much! It wasn't necessarily inspired. Actually, it's a bit of a long story. The short version is, I started writing this for WQ. But, moderators asked me to remove it for unrealistic elements. So I figured I would continue it on my own.
Ah, I can see that happening. Well, I'm glad you decided to continue it!

Pallatsera
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Pallatsera » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:46 am

• The Messenger is now available on Kindle! It's also slowly making it's way into bookstores! More info to come.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:46 pm

Oh wow, long time no see, Palla! (it's Cass, from Howling Stones. Been a while so I don't expect you to remember.)

I do remember you having a passion for writing and sharing some of your stories on the forum. It's amazing you've been able to get this published, it sounds very interesting! I'll definitely give it a read. Hard to find good wolf stories, and I remember you had a knack for writing. Do you happen to know if it's going to be released in Indigo/Chapters in Canada?

Also I remember you were writing another story or two back when, have you gotten those published as well? Or are planning to?
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Pallatsera
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Pallatsera » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:41 pm

• Hey Cass! I had contacted Indigo/Chapters about carrying my book, but they never got back to me. I don't believe they carry it. I know it is for sure available on Amazon though!

I have an amalgamation of other stories, or at least bits and pieces. I've been toying with the idea of throwing them into a collection of short stories. Or even of making a series of books focusing on different characters that all take place in the same sort of universe? I'm not really sure.

At the moment, I'm focused on preparing my other full complete manuscripts (3) for publication. The editing process is very lengthy and has only just begun.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:35 pm

Pallatsera wrote:
  • Hey Cass! I had contacted Indigo/Chapters about carrying my book, but they never got back to me. I don't believe they carry it. I know it is for sure available on Amazon though!

I have an amalgamation of other stories, or at least bits and pieces. I've been toying with the idea of throwing them into a collection of short stories. Or even of making a series of books focusing on different characters that all take place in the same sort of universe? I'm not really sure.

At the moment, I'm focused on preparing my other full complete manuscripts (3) for publication. The editing process is very lengthy and has only just begun.

I hope they do contact you, it would be really neat to see your book on the shelves! But I will definitely have to order from Amazon :mrgreen:

A series focusing on several different characters would definitely be interesting, it's a creative idea. And I wish you best of luck with the editing process, I can only imagine how tedious and lengthy it must be.
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Latra

Post by Latra » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:19 am

That sounds awesome! I'll have to get it & maybe I'll read it to my little siblings :D they love wolf stories. And congrats on getting a book published! (Note:It's been tossed in my cart for when I actually order my stuff which has been sitting there for days :lol: )
╔════════⁂════════⁂════════⁂════════╗
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?
ꕥ ❁ ꕥ —Mary Oliver ꕥ ❁ ꕥ
╚════════⁂════════⁂════════⁂════════╝

Quote / Av Shop

Pallatsera
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Pallatsera » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:45 pm

• @roguemoon: Thank you for all your well wishes! If I get any updates from Indigo/Chapters, I'll be sure to post them here!

@wolfwhisp: thank you so much for your support! I truly hope your siblings enjoy the story. I'd be eager to hear any feedback they might have!

Azuline
Pup
Pup
Name: Toby

Post by Azuline » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:54 am

This sounds like a great book! Congratulations! Hopefully I'll have a chance to buy it some day!
"Blessed are the children of the Horned One."
:moose:

-S.J. Tucker

Pallatsera
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Pallatsera » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:36 am

• @azuline: Thank you for your kind words! I'd love to hear your feedback if you end up reading it.