Incredible Video Footage of Grizz with cubs and lone wolf

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
WQ Project Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Incredible Video Footage of Grizz with cubs and lone wolf

Post by WQ Project Coordinator » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:46 pm

A wolf feeds on a road-killed elk carcass in the morning. A grizzly bear with two cubs feeds on the carcass in the evening. A grizzly bear will chuff and pop its jaw when it feels threatened. Sometimes it will also charge at the threat, usually veering off or stopping short -- a bluff charge. Early the next morning a grizzly bear with cubs chuffs and bluff charges a wolf. The wolf appears to be alone and, at times, postures as if it is playing. Video camera was triggered by a motion sensor (Make sure you have your sound on for this; note: at one point there a loud sound that is wind). USGS Northern Divide Bear Project and Glacier National Park remote video by B. Wollenzien / J.Stetz / A.Macleod. August 10, 2007. Glacier National Park, Montana.

Really---You have to see this. It made me laugh out loud a couple times to see the antics of this wolf. Let me know what you thought of it.

wolves_forever
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Incredible Video Footage of Grizz with cubs and lone wolf

Post by wolves_forever » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:21 pm

funny :D
My avatar is my sponsor wolf Siggi, and his friend Tunyan. http://www.wolfsanctuary.net/

If I had a wolf sanctuary this is what it would be called

H.O.W.L

Help
Our
wolves
Live

I will always love wolves, Forever

king1-7
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by king1-7 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:29 pm

That is a great video. I too laughed out loud. At 3:30, the wolf starts yawning when the bears are just a few feet away. XD Thanks a lot for sharing that!

I assume the wolf or bears dragged the carcass do a different location before the next morning? I didn't see it there after the video switched over to the morning footage.
Rest in peace, sisters Lakota and Mackenzie

Avvie by me

Vida
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Vida » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:49 pm

Hehe, the wolf keeps following the bears around xP.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” - Mahatma Gandhi

Site for writers: http://inkassociation.proboards76.com/