How Wolves Change Rivers - (4 min Video)

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Nordue

How Wolves Change Rivers - (4 min Video)

Post by Nordue » Wed May 07, 2014 5:52 pm

wolfadore
Pup
Pup

Re: How Wolves Change Rivers - (4 min Video)

Post by wolfadore » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:58 pm

I love this video! I even used it for a school project! I thank you for sharing it so that other people can have a shot at looking watching it!

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:16 pm

My teacher had showed us this video in class last year to demonstrate that wolves were a keystone species in the ecosystem. I very much enjoyed that unit of life science. This is a beautiful video!
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:04 am

Aaah, I think I once saw this video but I never repsonded. I'm not sure anymore, it has been quite some time ago I think I last saw it.
But this is a very interesting subject, and the video is really neat to watch. c:
Now you can see just how much a certain species of animals can change so much in a certain landscape.
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:17 am

I love this video. My teacher and I saw it during a service project at a wildlife center and my teacher has been using for her science class ever since. I agree the video is slightly romanticized (just listen to that music), but it has a lot of scientific value as well. That you for sharing it on WQ so other people can see it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:07 am

This is all fine and dandy and I honestly really wish it was true, but let's take a look at a few articles:
http://patriotpost.us/commentary/36587
https://strangebehaviors.wordpress.com/ ... -after-all
I love this quote from that article:
The idea that wolves were saving Yellowstone’s plants seemed, at first, to make good sense. Many small-scale studies in the 1990s had shown that predators (like spiders) could benefit grasses and other plants by killing and scaring their prey (like grasshoppers). When, soon after the reintroduction of wolves to Yellowstone, there were some hints of aspen and willow regrowth, ecologists were quick to see the developments through the lens of those earlier studies. Then the media caught on, and the story blew up.

If you look up this video, you'll find that the media really blew it up out of proportion. Everyone has seen it and believed it, and almost every wolfaboo and wolf enthusiast (myself included) has used this video in an arguement in favor of wolves. But seriously guys, don't you think everyone was a tad bit excited to know that wolves were saving the world (or the ecosystem, at any rate) without proving the validity of this research? If it only takes catchy music and fancy editing to change people's minds (or at least overlook lack of valid research) and again, I thought it was true and I agreed, then why do people still hate wolves after all those wolf documentaries? ^p^
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven