The Legend of Lobo

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

The Legend of Lobo

Post by pawnee » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:11 pm

I was skimming through youtube and found the full film of the 1960s Legend of Lobo. I had never heard of this film before but I believe its about the 'King of Currumpaw" wolf who was trapped by Ernest Thompson Seton in New Mexico. The wolf biology in the film is obviously skewed (it IS a Disney film and I have yet to see an scientific correct Disney film....) but I thought I would put the link up here;

What do you think about these types of films? Would you like to see more films about natural history-type, adventure about live animals? Or do you prefer the CGI animal ones movies?
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Re: The Legend of Lobo

Post by alethe » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks!

As for the question.. it depends on the movie. I've seen both done very well. It depends on the type of film, I guess. For something fantasy (or like Warriors), I think it would be easier to use CGI. But for stories that center around natural animal behavior, I think that using real animals is the best choice.

Edit- Typo

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe