Crying Wolf

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
oxoDestinyoxo

Crying Wolf - Exposing Wolf Reintroduction to Yellowstone

Post by oxoDestinyoxo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:19 pm

http://cryingwolfmovie.com/

About Crying Wolf
"A different way of thinking has emerged in our country and is becoming ever more prominent in our governments, and the rest of American culture. This philosophy, known as environmentalism, is now at the forefront of our decision-makers' brains, and is constantly shaping their thoughts and policies. It was in this mindset that the decision was made by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service to transplant wolves from their homeland in Canada, and release them in Yellowstone National Park and central Idaho in 1995 and ’96. The agency, along with many environmental and animal rights groups, praised the decision: it was almost as though they were triumphantly heralding the return of some unjustly banished royalty. But their real triumph was that, by elevating animal over man once again, they were given access to tens of millions of dollars and greater control over both private and public property. You see, putting wolves in Yellowstone was never about saving wolves or balancing ecosystems. There was another agenda. One they would not reveal to the American public, but would see through, no matter how far they had to bend the rules, no matter how much they had to steal, no matter how bad they had to lie, no matter the cost. And… they did it. What’s done is done. And nobody has ever looked back since…

…Until now."

This movie is, beyond words amazing. I love it, and I encourage you all to watch it.

Tarbtano
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Crying Wolf - Exposing Wolf Reintroduction to Yellowston

Post by Tarbtano » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:41 pm

While some of the experts do slip-up on one or two facts, the over all consensus of this movie is factual and deserves a watch. It shows the side of wolf reintroduction people don't like to think about, but is very much present. And while the film does take some good measures and teachings from the of Christianity and Judaism (this coming from a Protestant Christian, just being considerate of others) texts; it is not a

'Bawww bawww wolves and conservation are evil bawwww'

film. And anyone who has seen the entire movie and not blotted out its facts would agree.

The reintroduction of the wolf to Yellowstone was an ok move, but it was when the higher-up let the population spin out of control, and allow innocent locals to suffer; that the plan went stale.

This film is also the only one I know of that laminates just how politically oriented environmentalism has become. For every good honest environmentalist movement, their are ten more done almost solely for private or political game.

Trouble is telling the two apart....

CryWolf gets a Tarbano review score of 8.5/10
"Let me tell you this; Dinosaurs were in no way, shape; or form inferior to your wolves."
-Prof. Reverend Robert T. Bakker

wolf852
Pup
Pup

Post by wolf852 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:20 pm

I watched about 15 minutes of it. It looks great, I just didn't have time to watch the rest. The thing about the travel of the arctic wolf was really amazing. Just one question: How long is this movie? (Sorry that's off topic)
Avvie © Legendary-Taco

Tarbtano
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Tarbtano » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:59 pm

wolf852 wrote:I watched about 15 minutes of it. It looks great, I just didn't have time to watch the rest. The thing about the travel of the arctic wolf was really amazing. Just one question: How long is this movie? (Sorry that's off topic)

I can't recall off the top of my head, but it is under 2 hours, but over 1 hour. It is worth the watch, because whether you agree with it or not; it does offer some key viewpoints you will NOT hear on any wolf site
"Let me tell you this; Dinosaurs were in no way, shape; or form inferior to your wolves."
-Prof. Reverend Robert T. Bakker

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Crying Wolf

Post by Koa » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:07 pm

"Find out who’s really crying wolf.

A different way of thinking has emerged in our country and is becoming ever more prominent in our governments and the rest of American culture. This philosophy, known as environmentalism, is now at the forefront of our decision-makers brains and is constantly shaping their thoughts and policies. It was in this mindset that the decision was made by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service to transplant wolves from their homeland in Canada and release them in Yellowstone National Park and central Idaho in 1995 and ’96. The agency, along with many environmental and animal rights groups, praised the decision: it was almost as though they were triumphantly heralding the return of some unjustly banished royalty. But their real triumph was that, by elevating animal over man once again, they were given access to tens of millions of dollars and greater control over both private and public property. You see putting wolves in Yellowstone was never about saving wolves or balancing ecosystems. There was another agenda. One they would not reveal to the American public, but would see through, no matter how far they had to bend the rules, no matter how much they had to steal, no matter how bad they had to lie, no matter the cost. And… they did it. What’s done is done. And nobody has ever looked back since…

…Until now.
"
FREE TO WATCH UNTIL SEPTEMBER 11TH, 2013

Nordue

Re: Crying Wolf

Post by Nordue » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:41 am

• I think I have seen a trailer for this in the past... too bad I missed the deadline though, because I haven't actually seen it.

Anyhow, my real question... "There was another agenda". Since its currently 2AM and I haven't actually seen the film ^^", do you know--in short--what that line was referring to Koa? What was the other agenda?

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Crying Wolf

Post by BlackWarrior » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:12 am

I had a look at this when the topic was first posted and my attention was instantly grabbed. I'd originally looked at the site, but the video wasn't managing to load properly. I just realized I forgot to check back on it... The topic is very interesting... And I would have loved to learn more about it. I'll be checking back here to listen in on conversation, perhaps to clarify everything I've read about it. Thanks for sharing, Koa!
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )