Wolf Journal bv Brian A. Connolly

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
WQ Project Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Wolf Journal bv Brian A. Connolly

Post by WQ Project Coordinator » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:00 am

I just ran across this title on Ralph Maughn's blog. Has anyone read this book? If so what did you think of it? For those of you that are interested in it, here is a link to read about a 7 page sample: http://www.bconnollybooks.com/samples/w ... sample.pdf

Here is a description of the book:
"Wolf Journal, the young adult novel adults should read, is set in the Allegheny Mountains of northern Pennsylvania. Jimmy Warren, a farm boy, finds wolf tracks in the snow. No wolves have been in these woods for a hundred years. The tracks lead him deeper into his passion for nature guided by Hawk, an old Susquehannock storyteller.

Along the way, Jimmy falls in love with the beautiful Sherry Woolman who shares his love of the wild. As a school project, Jimmy keeps a journal on wolves. In order to protect the wolf he's discovered, Jimmy writes about him as if he is fiction. The Tanner brothers, a derelict pair of would be bounty hunters, threaten to destroy the perfect balance of nature that Jimmy has found. Wolf Journal is a journey into the natural world where intricate details, like the imprint of a wing in snow, tell a larger story, one of endangered species, an endangered planet, and the human spirit that strives to understand and protect."

Let me know what you think.

breanna
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Wolf Journal bv Brian A. Connolly

Post by breanna » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:40 pm

hmmm.. i believe i have heard of that book before, but i have never seen it in stores, but if i find it it sounds like something i would enjoy reading
I support the Alliance

I Eat Babies

~This world is made of LOVE AND PEACE!

WQ (BaltoSource)

Post by WQ (BaltoSource) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Ooh, sounds like a good book. :D

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:34 pm

It almost sounds like a children`s version of Nicholas Evan`s The Loop, in which a young man discovers a wolf pack living on his father`s ranch. Its not really about wolves as so much the relationship of a wolf biologist and the young man...but Wolf Journal sounds way more intresting.I`ll have to find it!
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain