Wolf Books you are Writing

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Stashalee
Pup
Pup

Re: Wolf Books you are Writing

Post by Stashalee » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:16 am

For some reason I've decided to do a wolf book; It's rare for me to. Would like to see how it turns out ^^. (It's called Am'ux, I'm just drafting it for a bit...)
I am Bezrail @ dA

۞۞
Ł ƬӇЄ STƛƦƧ AƦE
AƜAƘEƝ TƠ THЄ SὄƲƝD Of TӇE ƑƖƦЄƁi
۞۞
Avatar|Signature|Lyrics © Me|Me|Galantis

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:42 pm

I once started typing out a book when I was much younger about a young wolf (she was roughly 6 months old methinks) that got separated from her pack who befriended an orphaned eagle and they go on this difficult mission of trying to find the wolf's pack while trying to brave the wilderness on their own, but there were many in accuracies and such and I just got tired of it so I stopped working on it. Might rewrite it sometime.

April

Post by April » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:13 pm

I have one I'm writing for a videogame, it's called "Lament of the Lone Wolf." The book started off of a videogame idea with my boyfriend because he is going into programming and wants to join the video game industry one day. We decided to create a game using RPG Maker and I'd make the art for it and he'd program it. Therefore I started writing a novel as the "script" for the game. It's about a wolf named Mikola in Ukraine whose pack was killed by residents of the village to protect their land. He somehow survives a winter on his own and is adopted into another pack, or should I say a member of the pack who takes pity on him. The rest of the pack is suspicious and distrustful of him however and he goes about trying to prove himself. As they journey together in search of their Dodomu (a major theme in the story, it means Home in Russian) they are unable to successfully find a place that isn't occupied by humans. One day they find a former human city that is completely deserted (You guessed it, it's the city that was abandoned because of Chernobyl) and from there they try to uncover the mystery. The story is a sad one, because one by one they end up dying and no one can figure out why, until the main character too starts hullucinating and can no longer tell the difference between reality and delusion. The character talks to Radioactivity, which takes up a wolf form and acts like she's his friend, even as she slowly kills him to death.

The story is a little different than the game, in the game wolves can read and find "clues" about what happened to this town by reading fragments of scrolls they find buried throughout the town that are diaries of people who used to live there.

Another book I'm writing is indirectly associated with wolves. The main character is actually part wolf, but not fully wolf. She's a sled dog and when her master dies, she makes a journey home to still care for her master's family. When the boy takes part in a sled dog race a couple years later and takes a "shortcut" to win and ends up getting lost in the wilderness, Avalanche goes out on a rescue mission to bring the Master's son home. On the way she encounters wolves, where she gets a strong instinct to join to join their pack rather than find her master. Most of the story takes place after she rescues her master's son, after she is forced to injure the Alpha to protect her master's son, the pups are left without anyone to care for them, and while her master's son is in the hospital she takes the pups whose father she killed under her wing and learns how to hunt in order to teach them also. However she continues to return home waiting for her master to return from the hospital, not sure if he'll ever return. The end of the book ends with her facing a decision, whether her master's son still needs her when he returns or if the pups she is raising into a pack need her more. She will have to pick one or the other. The story is called "White Out, Black Out" because the master's son gets lost in a storm and the power goes out in the town. Search parties have difficulty finding the lost boy.

I have a couple other wolf stories that are on hold, meaning I haven't worked on them in a really long time but they remain partially finished. The two above are the main ones I'm working on right now. I will return to the others later, after I finish these ones.
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:27 am

I'm currently writing a novel that is more wolf-related than solely about real wolves. The book revolves around the concept of understanding that a species or group cannot be judged for what it's known for, only for what the individual does. It's about a wolf-shifter or therianthrope who leaves his native land in pursuit of a safe place to live, but instead moves in with his old friends to find the place buzzing with humans. That's the short of it, anyway. None of the concepts are copyrighted or published, so that's all i wish to share! As far as writing about realistic wolves, the closest I've written to something along that genre was a short story about a Native American boy who was living with wolves his whole life as English Colonies started to settle by the pack territory. Otherwise, the rest is short stories and animation scripts!
||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||ЖЖЖ||,.°`°.,,.°`°.,||
Writing is a job, a talent,
but it's also the place to go inside your head.
It's the imaginary friend you drink tea
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||
sig/quote © Kamaal/Ann Patchett

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:29 am

Oh, really interesting Tsuri! If you even publish it, I'd like to read it :3
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.

Little Wolf Spirit
Pup
Pup

Post by Little Wolf Spirit » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:34 am

I'm currently writing a fiction wolf book about a Wolf called Dust. Even though I'm 11 I write books but I haven't published any yet since I just finished the first book in the series and I haven't edited it yet, soon though.
Hi Beep Boop

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Phasoli » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:38 am

Kamaal wrote:Oh, really interesting Tsuri! If you even publish it, I'd like to read it :3
Thank you Kamaal! The story is undergoing some serious revision and re-construction right now, and I hve no idea when I'll publish it. But I've recently started writing about my dreams which have wolves in them, if this counts as wolf literature. Someday I may connect all my dreams into one and write a novel out of it.
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:08 am

At the moment I'm not actually writing a wolf book. I am writing the realistic wolf story called Kostr on here (as realistic as it can be, considering real wolves don't talk) and recently since I've been part of this wolf RP site, I've been working on ideas and plots for an actual book about wolves I might publish in the nearby future. The roleplay gave me ideas for the story, and all my characters I have in the RP are characters in the story, as well. xD
Though, this book might not be realistic. It will have unrealistic things like pack ranks and such, as well as probably unrealistic eye colors like green and blue... but it's still a thing and I'm actually excited to have all the ideas writen down and the plots finished as soon as possible so I can actually start writing it. I really want to make it a trilogy as well, but I guess I will see where it goes. c:
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Dorken » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:46 pm

I started toying with some wolf character designs to use in a portfolio project that was originally going to be a comic, but then I shifted gears and had the idea for a video game instead. Goodness knows if the thing will ever get done as it was supposed to be more an exercise in visual development and storytelling (which comics are pretty good for), but the idea remains. Does that count? :lol:
I used to start a lot of wolf books that never got finished when I was younger, though. Kinda glad they never went anywhere - they all sorta stank.

If any of you ever get any wolfie stories published, I'd shell out the cash for them. Seriously. Some of these ideas are pretty neat.
deviantArt | Wolf Comic Reviews | WolfQuest Blog
The Beaver Theory
Lost River will never be the same.

-Amsel-

Post by -Amsel- » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:03 am

Eh, I've tried writing wolf books, but they never seem to turn out.
I'm starting to think that I'm just not meant to write wolf stories or something, because I've started one about foxes (I posted it in in the Other-canid writing fourm.) and another one about rats, and they just seem to flow better than wolf stories :? .
but anywaaay... these are the wolf ones I've started to write:

Light (came up with the name just now :roll: ): basically, I wanted it to be a normal, realistic wolf story from a wolf's point of view. but it went to the Lame side and then to make matters worse I wrote the end of it and totally ruined the whole thing for myself.

Unnamed (it dosn't deserve a name yet.): really it was just a beginning of a book, so I don't really count it. but the plot was that a pup had a father from another pack and was chased out of his pack because of it. (cheesyness, I know.) but I was going to continue it and make it less cheesy, but I lost interset.

aaannnd...several poems that may or may-not be about wolves, I'll edit this if I remember any others that I've written.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Phasoli » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:15 am

I may start a comic about my experience on Wolfquest, using many of the characters I've created during my amazing Wolfquest experience. I'm not sure if I'll actually do it though, because I have a really bad habit of starting things and not finishing them, haha. It's just a thought for right now, but if I do carry out my idea, I'll be sure to mention Wolfquest as a big inspiration. I may just stick with doing a short children's novel of my Wolfquest experiences, though.
with in the afternoon.
||,.°`°.,||Ж||,.°`°.,||

wolfluvr101
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Rexx

Post by wolfluvr101 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:56 pm

I wrote a novel on here at one point years ago *coughit'shorribledon'tgolookingcough* called 1,000 Days and just recently I have been rewriting it! It is coming along so much better! I also began two shorter stories here on WolfQuest that I have been recently picking up and trying to rewrite as well.

Not exactly a book, but I am still trying to create a wolf animation for YouTube. It is coming along slower than death....
MP username: novasaurus
MP wolf name: Ylva

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:13 pm

I had decided my first book I "intended" to publish (???) wouldn't be about wolves. But I think this one would make a nice prequel to another concept I had for a novel. I also need something I can work on for my creative writing class on fiction next semester. It's convenient.

Essentially, the book centers around a sibling duo of wolves that, at some point currently unknown to me, become separated and grapple with thoughts of reunion. But rumors circulate that the brother has turned into something... unsightly, and, as a consequence of his "transformation," very unfriendly. Though the sister knows these rumors are exaggerated, they still stir within her a sense of fear. As she journeys through her own life, she knows she cannot rest until she confronts the source of the tales and uncover the fate of her brother.

Yeah. Something like that.

When I was writing the prologue, I instantly realized that the sibling duo and their separation might rekindle memories of The Sight. But I think that will be the only point of similarity.

I'll share it here on WolfQuest when I am done writing Chapter 1, which will probably be later today. If I don't finish, I'll just post the prologue.

noir_187
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Alex

Post by noir_187 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:26 am

I have a couple of stories in mind. i intend to make them into comics though, since i like working in that medium more than writing prose.

currently i'm just writing outlines and plans for one of them. been sketching out some character concepts too. it's going to be based on the very first story i had posted on here, when i was like 9, which i think must have even been the first story i had actually written. the original story was pretty messy tbh no real connecting plot so i basically have to build it from the ground up and just use whatever elements i can find in the original

it was apparently called "Blood of These Paws" and I don't think I'm going to keep that name. it was a goofy story. honestly pretty funny to look back on lol it was nice seeing some people speak to me encouragingly though i had this poll and two people voted "i hate it" and i ultimately didn't continue it because of some people very brusquely telling me my story was bad like 6 times lol would have been nice if they spoke a little more nicely since i was just a little kid but oh well, at least i didn't get too discouraged

i'm not sure why i feel like taking it and making something better out of it, but when I was looking back upon it i felt some sudden inspiration and i thought i could make a decent comic out of it.

if i was doing it in prose it'd probably be a more direct way to show my own growth as a writer, but since i plan to pursue a career as a graphic novelist it would be good to get some practice in as a comic artist, and the other non-wolf related project i have in planning, while i like it, i don't have too much muse for it currently, not to mention it's too ambitious. can't work on my other two planned wolf stories because they're way too ambitious for right now, either. but with my current level of experience with comics, i could definitely do something with this, since i don't really have those same ambitious desires for it. i'll be okay with it even if it doesn't turn out perfect
formerly PureBloodVampire
icon by LupinzPack

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:17 pm

I am not currently writing anything fictional at the moment, but I would like to write another small story (20,000-40,000 words) someday. My last one, Unwild, was about wolves. This time, I might try a different canine species.
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur