Wolf Books you are Writing

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
RabidLynx

Wolf Books you are Writing

Post by RabidLynx » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:05 pm

So, as the title says, this topic is just where authors who are writing or have published a wolf book can talk about it. I'm writing one, but... I think everyone will get mad at me if I talk about it.

So, are you writing a wolf book? Have you published one?

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Wolf Books you are Writing

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:13 pm

I was writing a wolf book, but then decided it was too cliche. Still fishing for unique ideas, maybe with different animals instead of wolves.
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com

smokey the wolf

Post by smokey the wolf » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:55 am

So far my book is doing pretty good, i have 120 some pages in there and im continueing on too. Im not sure but i think it will be called Spirit of the Wolf.
~Smokey

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:56 am

@Smokey:

That seems very interesting. Could you perhaps give an idea of the plot?
I have migrated to the account A Needlepoint Dreary for no reason c:. Follow me there and on dA;

http://www.macabre-x-macbeth.deviantart.com

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Alright, since I really want to tell you guys about my book I will, but be warned, the book is both dark and very unrealistic, that was why I was afraid of telling you guys the plot because of the mods. No offense, but really, why have a realistic book? I've seen many books with very unrealistic plots written here, and even if I try to make one little unrealistic thing, the mods will lock me. That is why i'm sorta done with writing stories on WQ. No offense, but, I have a feeling the mods are going to say "Please put that out of your story," or "Please, that is very unrealistic and we would appreciate it if you remove it." The reason I started writing books was because when publishing a book, there is no mod to point out something and ask you to take it out. Unrealistic things, like vampires and werewolves and dragons, are fun and cool. Realistic things are boring. Why write a book with realistic things? I mean, reading a book without unrealistic stuff would be as boring as watching a rock. I once got so mad about it I wanted to start a riot and boycott the user writings. But nah. Just sit back and watch as the mods lock my story and others make incredibly unrealistic stories, which look more interesting then mine because it has unrealistic stuff, and like i said, unrealistic is cool and interesting. And lucky for them, the mods aren't doing a thing about it. I bet it's because the mods think it's too awesome of a book to be locked, but because I stick with the rules and make it realistic, and maybe add a tiny unrealistic thing in there, the mods lock it.

No offense to mods. I am just saying. Just don't go crazy when you read the plot of my story.

Now, here is my story's plot:
_________

A young wolf pup named Silver lives in a small wolf pack with her brothers, sisters, and her parents. Sometimes if mother and father are gone her older siblings would take care of the new litter. In the new litter there is a wolf pup named Bramble. He is a runt, and, because of this, he is taunted and mocked at everyday by his siblings. Silver feels sorry for Bramble, but Bramble ignores Silver and continues on with his dark life. Their mother tells them that a long time ago, a wolf named Carcal Dechingal and some of his friends decided they wanted to control the world with the evil force of the Farchel army. Because they were wolves first they had to take over something easy, the wolves. Soon the Farchel army became huge, containing literally millions of experienced soldiers. The Gympotok army was formed, and their goal was to protect the wolves from the eveil army of the Farchel, and soon a huge war was being fought. Many soldiers from both armies died in every battle. Then they mad a very big battle, and both of the sides were wiped out. Any wolf who survived were severely wounded and died eventually. It was a tragedy that all the Gympotok warriors had died, but the Farchel were gone too, and wolves along with the rest of the world did not need to worry about the Farchel anymore. Then one day the pack is attacked by a pack thought to be wiped out, and everyone in the pack dies...except Silver and some of her siblings. Together they go on a huge journey and learn something along the way: Not all of the wolves had died in the last major battle of the Farchel and Gympotok wars.

:shock: I just have a feeling someone is gonna come and yell at me, mod or not. No offense, but sometimes WQ just gets all that realistic stuff to their head...

So, how do you like my book? I plan it to be series.

+Wolfstar+
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by +Wolfstar+ » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:00 pm

I like the idea of that. Considering the fact that the mods haven't done anything yet, I think you're good.

I'm writing a book, and it is very dark... The sad thing is, when I write, I go in to a lot of detail, and I always tell myself, this one has to be long! but they always end up being about 3 pages. At least I try, you know?

PS- all things I write tend to be dark, but don't think I'm a dark person. EX- may latest begins with a dagger-like claw being held to a she-wolf's throat. A minute later she is killed... I get these random and dark ideas and start to write...
-~-~-There is nothing to fear but fear itself-~-~-

+ W o l f s t a r +

Avv- Shibbian-thank you i love it koda looks so cute (rp character)
Siggy- me

April

Post by April » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:16 pm

I was writing one. In fact my best friend and I back in grade 8 were writing each our own pack and through two different books they'd intertwine into one another. We had all these great ideas and everything. In fact I was on my third book when she stopped taking the bus. Since we shared the same bus, that's the time we used for writing the story, every day and night. Now its grade 11 and we haven't finished it. I can't even finish the story unless she also finishes her. Its that interlooped
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

Crimsona
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Crimsona » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:48 am

I agree with whatmynameisfaolan said, I'd like to put my story on WQ but last time I did it got locked. :p
I'm writing one called The Kirja (you can find it here: http://thekirja.webs.com/) If you want to post your work online and get critique I strongly suggest signing up to http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/ it's great if you want to get your poems and stories out there for people to read. :)
♥feed me a cookie and i'll love you forever♥

♥if you have one eye on yesterday
and one eye on tomorrow
you will be cross-eyed today♥

truly beautiful avatar by Ninja_Wolfs963

+Wolfstar+
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by +Wolfstar+ » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Wow! I only just read the first sentence of The Kirja and I like it. lol :mrgreen:
-~-~-There is nothing to fear but fear itself-~-~-

+ W o l f s t a r +

Avv- Shibbian-thank you i love it koda looks so cute (rp character)
Siggy- me

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:50 pm

I would like to post the prologue here, but I can't put chapter 1 and 2 on here because of language (and lots of violence. The prologue has some violence but compared to the rest of the book the prologue isn't as dark and violent.) Will post prologue later.

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:21 pm

I've tried to write wolf stories but they never seem to work out. It'd be interesting to write a novel someday about wolves, though I'm currently doing a novel on something else much different from wolves. Perhaps when I'm finished, if I ever get finished that is.

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

Crimsona
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Crimsona » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:50 am

+Wolfstar+ wrote:Wow! I only just read the first sentence of The Kirja and I like it. lol :mrgreen:
Thank you! (:

and one eye on tomorrow

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:36 am

I'm currently writing a wolf story at the moment. I did a brief draft of one (which is what I'm building on) when I met an author, I didn't get that draft back though. I still remember most of it though, so at least the beginning will be somewhat decent. I'm not sure how much I'll be writing... though I do want to make it fairly long x) It's going to be titled as 'Pathway'.

The majority of it I'll be trying to make somewhat realistic, though there'll be some parts where there may be unrealism, depending on what I come up with.
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:30 pm

SilverHybrid wrote:I'm currently writing a wolf story at the moment. I did a brief draft of one (which is what I'm building on) when I met an author, I didn't get that draft back though. I still remember most of it though, so at least the beginning will be somewhat decent. I'm not sure how much I'll be writing... though I do want to make it fairly long x) It's going to be titled as 'Pathway'.

The majority of it I'll be trying to make somewhat realistic, though there'll be some parts where there may be unrealism, depending on what I come up with.

...Phew!

Mine will be extremely unrealistic, there will be stuff like dragons and Phoenixes in there.

Crimsona
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Crimsona » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:54 am

SilverHybrid wrote:I'm currently writing a wolf story at the moment. I did a brief draft of one (which is what I'm building on) when I met an author, I didn't get that draft back though. I still remember most of it though, so at least the beginning will be somewhat decent. I'm not sure how much I'll be writing... though I do want to make it fairly long x) It's going to be titled as 'Pathway'.

It sounds very interesting Silver. I'd love to read it when you've finished. :P

and one eye on tomorrow