Best wolf documentaries/books

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
WQ Project Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Project Coordinator » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:35 pm

On the IMAX Wolves dvd, there is a special feature called " Survival of the Yellowstone Wolves" with Matthew Fox. I really liked it. Probably better than the Wolves feature.

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:27 pm

hmm, i got matthew fox as the host on my bonus footage on my Wolves (Imax Dvd). another one i have is called "The Lanaguage of wolves" which is about Algonquin wolves in Ontario,Canada. cept they need to update it now. another one that I liked was called Return of a Legend by Jim dutcher, and has some great shots of anti-wolf people .

there is a documentary by National geographic about a pair of arctic wolves, it was really good and I know for a fact there was NO people in it. can anyone help me with the name of this documentary?

p.s, what did you guys (and gals) think of A Man Among Wolves aka The Wolf Man on National Geographic channel?
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

KaiZyaku
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Best wolf documentaries/books

Post by KaiZyaku » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:28 am

I watch a dvd called "Living with Wolves"n"Wolves at our doors"Their good n sad.
Much wolves such majesty so awe

Silveriver
Pup
Pup

Post by Silveriver » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:47 pm

Wolf Book I read Thats Best Is Nulbries Award winning Its Called "Julie Among Wolves" Its where Young Girl Lives With Her Adopted wolf Father And Must Struggle to Survive In Antartica With The Little Pack.
If you have pie please give it to it's rightfull master... Me!

‡Water‡
╠Beta╣
₪ Frosted Creek Pack! ₪

untamedspirit
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by untamedspirit » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:51 am

Living with wolves is the best wolf documentary I have seen and Wolves at our Door is a great book. Another book that I have read that has wolves in it and is about the wolves is 'The Sight'. This book is fictional in nature but shows definate wolf behaviour and dynamics. Also, it actually has the wolves express their feelings about certain situations like the death of a pup and pack member.

Soreigna
Pup
Pup

Re:

Post by Soreigna » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:46 am

kefa wrote:
Harmony wrote:Growing up wolf was a good documentary. I watch the Growing up series quite often.
Same! I love the Wolf and Red Panda ones. :D

Me too! WOOO O.O What about em prarie dogs?
*.¸¸.·´¨`»†YOU!! YOU!!! Who you calling a "you"-YOU!?†«´¨`·.¸¸.*

Gecko
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Gecko » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:12 pm

I've read two books called Call of the Wild and White Fang. (Both by Jack London)
They're pretty good. x]

Fenris
Former WQ Moderator

Books you have read

Post by Fenris » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:35 am

Have any one read wolf brother,spirit walker,soul eater or outcast
these are great books
Also The sight they are fantasic books if anyone read them
write your thoughs about the books you have read

Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Location: Probably Playing Wajas Now.....Don't Kill Me!!!! O.O

Re: Books you have read

Post by Eclipse » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:47 am

Lol I have read so many books that if I told you all them, by the time I was done you would be an old man lol. But I'll tell you the ones that I have just resitle read. Lets see I read...

Through the Wolf's Eyes, Resident Evil 1 and 2, The Green Rider, All the Halo books, The Fire Bringer, The Sight, All the Worrier books, All the Harry Potter books, City of Bones, A couple of Star Wars books, O I did read Wolf Brother, soul eater and outcast, The Rangers Apprentist 1, 2, and 3, Landover series, Maxamum Rider 1, 2, and 3, Blue Blood, and right now I'm reading a whole pile of books.
White As The Snow That Is First To Fall, Eye's As Blue As The Great West Sea, Heart As One With The Falling Moon.

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\
WolfQuest! Where you come to make friends that turn into family ^^

Fenris
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Fenris » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:02 am

ive been getting bored so i need some new books

Through the Wolf's Eyes
is that good?

Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Eclipse » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:19 pm

I think it's good, why have you read it before?
White As The Snow That Is First To Fall, Eye's As Blue As The Great West Sea, Heart As One With The Falling Moon.

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:28 am

Fenris wrote:ive been getting bored so i need some new books

Through the Wolf's Eyes
is that good?
Yes, that was a good book. I have read this series several times (but I still dont know what its called). I think that the second half of the series was better, though. :)
icon by Rottenrobbie

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:36 am

In response to a question from Coyote in a different topic, (and for anyone who doesnt know what this series is), it is by Jane Lindskold, and there were six books. The books were about a girl named Firekeeper who was raised by wolves and can speak to them; and a wolf named Blind Seer,who accompanies her on her journeys.

The books in the series are:
Through wolfs eyes
wolfs head wolfs heart
the dragon of despair
wolf captured
wolf hunting
wolfs blood
icon by Rottenrobbie

Eclipse
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Eclipse » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:33 am

lol so far I finished two of those books, right now I'm on number 3. They are really good books, but more for adults then kids. There are somethings in them, but there pretty good.

).........(\_
((.... _/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( (. ;._ \\

Ookami Soul
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ookami Soul » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:53 pm

XD I'm so glad I recognise so many of the books/documentaris you guys mentioned! I have a lot of them too *coughcoughI'mobbessedcoughcough* But I haven't read Wolf Brother or Through Wolf Eyes yet...come to think of it, I haven't finsihed Shadow Moutntain or Through Wolf's EYes either, I have all of them but....I really should finish them...quite honestly I'm always on my computer! >__>;; A really good Wolf book is The Wolf Almanac by Robert H. Bush, and it mentions a TON of Wolf related books and has a lot of wonderful information. And don't forget Dr. L. David Mech has tons of books as well :D There was also a special on the Discovery channel I think called Caribou and Wolves; and had some nice info. There's just so much awesome wolf literature and informational books out there=D Funny how much I ramble compared to how little I have acutally read>__>; I should leave the forum now and go read D:
-known as WolfMemory on Blog-
Save the Wolves! We all must do whatever we can. Thankyou Wolfquest, for offering young children this opportunity to learn and understand more about wolves.