"Wolves of the Beyond" by Kathryn Lasky

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
SilverSparks12
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: "Wolves of the Beyond" by Kathryn Lasky

Post by SilverSparks12 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 pm

_Denali_ wrote:
Oziku wrote:Yes and I love it! I have Shadow, watch, frost and spirit wolf but I never got lone wolf and its sad that the series is ending after Jan. 2013 with the release of Star Wolf which Faolan probably dies but I agree this is the best book I have ever read!
Faolan DIES!? I hope not! :shock: <- appalled face
WHAT!!! Oh No! I hope thats not true!! It would be a serious tragity, poor Faolyn! :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry:
~Larkstar of The Four Clans

Blizzard_Wolf
Pup
Pup

Post by Blizzard_Wolf » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:38 pm

I read these books quite often, And I love them. I also read Guardians of Ga'hoole and loved it. My favorite book of this series so far is the first one, And my favorite charrie is Thunderheart ^^
Darkness breaks,
Moon awakes,
Night now brings the stars it makes.

Moon beams fall,
Light up all,
From silvery woods there comes a call.

Monavaark
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Monavaark » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Those books made me want to write my own, and quite frankly I am. They have a fairly realistic standard, yet with a sprinkle of fantasy.
Some of us believe some things may never happen, but when you look inside of you anything can happen. Live from your heart not just your mind
Avatar Credited to: Crowd Star Games -- Crowd Star Site: http://www.crowdstar.com/#&panel1-1

Oziku
Pup
Pup

Post by Oziku » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:38 pm

SilverSparks12 wrote:
_Denali_ wrote:
Oziku wrote:Yes and I love it! I have Shadow, watch, frost and spirit wolf but I never got lone wolf and its sad that the series is ending after Jan. 2013 with the release of Star Wolf which Faolan probably dies but I agree this is the best book I have ever read!
Faolan DIES!? I hope not! :shock: <- appalled face
WHAT!!! Oh No! I hope thats not true!! It would be a serious tragity, poor Faolyn! :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I just finished Star Wolf (The last book in that series) and very good news: Faolan did not die only one mother but I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read it so I won't reveal it. But Star wolf is awesome and the adventure is similar to Watch wolf and there are Bison as well as Horses in the Distant blue. I still don't understand the end with the burnt face horse may someone explain or give me some help??
»ⅤẴḶḶɆỴ ƓυΛℛÐƖΛƝᎦ«
~A fun, loving pack where you can choose to be the master of an element. Whether it be Fire, Water or earth, you are welcome to join ^.^ ~
Join today :)

liam123hynes
Pup
Pup

Post by liam123hynes » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:50 pm

I love Wolves Of The Beyond!!!!!!!!!! Its like one of my favorite book series. It was so sad when Thunderheart died! :( I finished Lone Wolf, I have to get Gnaw Wolf.
Last edited by liam123hynes on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-NightHunter-
Pup
Pup

Post by -NightHunter- » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:09 am

This book series is one of my most favorite. EVER. I have loved them since the first one came out, and I was always scouring the Internet for any idea for when the newest one would come out. Once I got them, I read them within a day, then eagerly waited for the next book to come out.
I just got Star Wolf a week ago, and finished it as fast as the other ones. Now, I can't believe that it's over! I'm rather sad about that. Oh well, all book series end at one point in time.
My favorite book out of the entire series was Star Wolf, and my favorite character is Faolan.

Just a random person who draws stuff!
dA Account: http://duskywolf-ii.deviantart.com/

Oziku
Pup
Pup

Post by Oziku » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:07 pm

-NightHunter- wrote:This book series is one of my most favorite. EVER. I have loved them since the first one came out, and I was always scouring the Internet for any idea for when the newest one would come out. Once I got them, I read them within a day, then eagerly waited for the next book to come out.
I just got Star Wolf a week ago, and finished it as fast as the other ones. Now, I can't believe that it's over! I'm rather sad about that. Oh well, all book series end at one point in time.
My favorite book out of the entire series was Star Wolf, and my favorite character is Faolan.
Don't be sad, Kathryn Lasky said that she has more to come and kinda said that a new series is coming. I love G.O.G and for all of you that do too, a new book is coming out in summer about Ezylryb's life!! The title is The Rise of a Hero
»ⅤẴḶḶɆỴ ƓυΛℛÐƖΛƝᎦ«
~A fun, loving pack where you can choose to be the master of an element. Whether it be Fire, Water or earth, you are welcome to join ^.^ ~
Join today :)

MistyWolf10101
Pup
Pup

Post by MistyWolf10101 » Mon May 26, 2014 6:13 am

Solar the dragon wrote:Ok, who else here has heard of "Wolves of the Beyond"? It's a new seires by Kathryn Lasky that takes place after the last book in the "Guardians of Ga'Hoole" books.
Yes, It's really good. Kathryn Lasky actually played WolfQuest to research for Wolves of the Beyond. She really likes to research before she writes a series.
.*¨*.¸.*¨ ¸.*¨¨*'.˛ ¨*'.˛.*¨*.

ƸӜƷ

м ι s т y

ƸӜƷ

.*¨*.¨*'.˛¨*'.˛ ¸.*¨¸.*¨.*¨*.

Av/Sig: river6/Emberflare

firedog6
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: At My Desk, on the Compuster, Sitting on A Chair, Obviously

Post by firedog6 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Uh-huh! Kathryn Lasky played WolfQuesT. I love her book, Wolves of the Beyond. They made a movie about Guardians of the Gahoole, they should wake one about Wolves of the Beyond!
I love Edme, she's so simple. :)
This book is very inspirational; and it's made me cry several times. I may write a book...
Because, my friend tells me that the W.O.T.B ARE Dire Wolves... And what comes after the dire wolf but the grey wolf, and what comes after grey wolves...?!
SHREWITITY

Coryn 2
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Coryn 2 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:02 pm

I've read both guardians and wolves so many times, and as you see, in GOG, king Coryn always said he wanted to be recarniated as a wolf when he passed, so that's where my name came from. I love both series so much and I wish Kathryn lasky would continue the series with one of the pups or someone who traveled with Faolan in the last book.
I howl, my howl fills the starry sky, but as I view the velvety splendor, I yearn to be more. More than my howl. But I am not.

Proud Delta- Trainee in the Great Travelers Pack

wolflovingperson
Pup
Pup

Post by wolflovingperson » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:24 am

OMG I JUST FINISHED THE SECOND BOOK! :DD Now i'm reading warriors. I like how faolan is so enchanted by having friends... :D

Kristofferson
Pup
Pup

Post by Kristofferson » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Good books! I really liked them and I suggest them to those who haven't read that yet. I should really read the GoG books, I have almost all of them but haven't even bothered to touch them.

¤

"МλЛУ ŁЄλVЄς, ΘЛЄ ŤЯЄЄ
WЄЯЄ λŁŁ ΐЛĐΐVΐĐϋλŁς, βϋŤ WЄЯЄ ςŤΐŁŁ CΘЛЛЄCŤЄĐ."

¤
{ Signature by Emberflare } ~ { Icon by myself }

silver wolf star
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by silver wolf star » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:01 pm

I just cant belive it's over!
The Ga'Hoole serise was like 13 books long and then on the 6th book it's all over!

SPOILER ALERT I think we could all tell what was gonna happen with Faolan and Edme :)
{*\_*-^_^-Stella-^_^-*_/*}
I could say
I was merciful
but that would
be a lie

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:29 pm

I love these books. I'm re-reading the series again this year; they never get old! The first, second, and sixth books are my personal favorites. It would be great if the same people who made the GoG movie made one for WoTB (or a few, considering so much happens in each book); usually, the movies don't do the books justice but they did a great job on that one. I think 3D movies like that one would really bring the books to life on the big screen.

Whew, long post. Sorry for being an incessant chatterbox. =P
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:57 pm

I read Wolves of the Beyond, and I didn't exactly like it. I feel like it was too tied in with the GoG series. It mentioned in the first book that the 'owls from the kingdom of Ga'Hoole' would swoop in and take Faolan.

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR
TO OPEN A WINDOW