Wolf Documentaries

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Solar Wind Dragon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Wolf Documentaries

Post by Solar Wind Dragon » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:17 pm

I read the book version of Wolves At Our Door and watched Living With Wolves on YouTube. I admire the Dutchers.
You gotta stand up tall, learn to face your fears. You'll see that thy can't hurt you so just laugh to make 'em disappear!
- Granny Pie

Yellowie100
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Yellowie100 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:44 pm

I watched something called "The Story of Black Wolf." I'm not sure if that's the exact name, but hey~
SHEEP<3

Fallows
Pup
Pup

Post by Fallows » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:42 pm

I liked Living with the wolves, but I don't think it's around anymore.
ℐm drunk on tears, High on laughter, I'm a whirlwind of disaster

- Fallows
Icon ©-Infinity-

she_wolf_
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by she_wolf_ » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:46 am

I love "Living with wolves" (in my language). I think it's the best document about wolves! I like the other programmes on the "animal planet".
Just she-wolf(and of course sorry for all mistakes, im just learning english, cause im not from USA)

failwolf56
Yearling
Yearling

Post by failwolf56 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Last year, while going to a nature conservation camp, I was going to watch a wolf documentary, because it was raining. I can't recall the name of the documentary, but I'm guessing it was one of those on the list. However, the sun came out and we went outside rather than watch it. I would still like to see one, because they sound rather interesting. I'm hoping this weekend I'll be able to find one I like. C:
Nov. 2011 UotM

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:58 pm

Wolf Documentaries are quite interesting indeed. I have watched most of the ones listed on the front post and all of then I learnt many new things. I it makes me want to become a photographer for wildlife and I would focus on mainly wolves and their packs.
I hope everyone gets the chance to see one. =]
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfman200789 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:03 pm

BlackWarrior wrote:Wolf Documentaries are quite interesting indeed. I have watched most of the ones listed on the front post and all of then I learnt many new things. I it makes me want to become a photographer for wildlife and I would focus on mainly wolves and their packs.
I hope everyone gets the chance to see one. =]

I got to a few weeks ago they were rare and endagered red wolves. But that was in a zoo. Theres nothing better than looking up in the sky to see a wild eagle soaring over head or looking out into the forest and spotting a wolf pass by swiftly,silently,and goargously. Thats way I aim to become a marinebioligist,wolfbioligist,and nature photographer.
"Beauty can be found in every stone, plant, creature, and person. You just have to look hard enough to see it." me-

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 2365e2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 975638.jpg

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:24 pm

Another wolf documentary is called

Canadian Geographic: Language of the Wolves Series

I watched several episodes and so far it is very good. Here is what the info says.

Language of the Wolves Series. Studying the wolves that inhabit Ontario's Algonquin Park.

failwolf56
Yearling
Yearling

Post by failwolf56 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:31 pm

BlackWarrior wrote:Another wolf documentary is called

Canadian Geographic: Language of the Wolves Series

I watched several episodes and so far it is very good. Here is what the info says.

Language of the Wolves Series. Studying the wolves that inhabit Ontario's Algonquin Park.
Mhh, I've never sceen that, although it sounds interesting. I may just have to take a look at it. C:
Nov. 2011 UotM

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:13 pm

I found another interesting document called
"Secrets Of The Coast Wolf." Maybe it was included in earlier posts but here is the info.

In the towering forests of the raincoast of British Columbia, a group of scientists have made a new discovery. But what they are learning is something the natives here have known for generations.

Biologist Paul Paquet, along with a handful of dedicated scientists have found a new subspecies of the gray wolf. Unlike its brothers that roam across North America on the open plain, this wolf swims, fishes for salmon and hops from island to inlet through water and rough terrain. The coast wolf could leave and expand its territory, but it does not because it knows, like the Heiltsuk First Nations people who share the land and water, that there is no place like this on earth.

As long as there has been the wolf in Bella Bella, there has been the Heiltsuk, a traditional First Nations culture that has celebrated the spirits of the land and animals, including the coast wolf. The lush forests, calm inlets and the mountains around Bella Bella are a living eden. In fact, there is more biodiversity in this area than anywhere on earth - even the mighty Amazon rainforest.

Canadian Geographic goes on the trail to this unique place where science and traditional knowledge intersect and are working together to unravel the secrets of this unique wolf subspecies and the world they inhabit.

Source: http://www.canadiangeographic.ca/tv/vid ... mber=23055

I have actually watched this one on animal planet and I must say it was very interesting. ^^

wolvesworld

Post by wolvesworld » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:13 pm

ive seen some of wolves in paridise but not any of the rest as far as i can remember. documentaries arent quite my thing either but wolf fantasies are most likely my type. :D

ShadowMorn
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ShadowMorn » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:05 am

A good documentary would be Yellowstone (not Yellowstone wolves) It focuses on wolves, though it also has otters, foxes, bison , elk coyotes and bears among others.
You should check it out.
I've only seen a couple of episodes but so far so good...... :oops:

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Un-stickying, seeing as there are many stickies in this board and I feel that this one should just continue as a regular discussion thread. :)

edit: Moved to Wolf Videos and stickying.

Silverfur135
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Silverfur135 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:50 pm

For anyone who has Netflix, there is this one show I watched. You can find it in documentaries, but there's only one episode about wolves. It is called David Attenborough: Wildlife Specials. Episode 6 is the one about wolves, just in case you wanted to know. XD
People say I suffer from insanity. They're wrong--- I enjoy every minute of it.

AlphaIce
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by AlphaIce » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:17 am

I was watching this program called Lost Land of the Wolves on BBC 1 yesterday, and I have to say what some of the ranches around the west coast of America did and said were. Vile. Horrible. GROTESQUE. They had shot the pioneering pack, named the Lookout pack after Lookout mountain, even though the wolves were miles into the mountains. One of them had been skinned and had it's head and feet cut off. But still, it was very interesting too, because wolves are gradually making their way back into some parts of America :)
⊱⋛⋋ஜ♪ `'`The Lost Echos Pack`'`♪⋚⊰
⊱⋛⋋ஜ♪ `'`Where every voice matters`'`♪ஜ⋌⋚⊰
\.`
.ஜ Join us today at http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=68619 ஜ.`./
-Signature by Starz10-