Blood & Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Re: Blood & Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause

Post by Blightwolf » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:39 am

Oh Griffin, I so do not recommend the movie, you will only waste all your money. It destroys your image about the book entirely, it's nothing like Blood & Chocolate. I feel ashamed for Annette Curtis Klause for her ever selling the rights. The poor woman must've thought the movie makers would even try to make it like the book. Instead, they turned it into one of those totally-trash werewolf movies with popular music and hot actors that appeal to younger audience. Even the acting wasn't convincing, not to even mention the script. >.>
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

koibito
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by koibito » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:16 pm

ooh, I really love this book. I think I've read it five times.
but the movie... oh jeez, that was the biggest disappointment EVER. I hate it.
I mean, seriously, its like the director never -read- the book! and no one felt like correcting him? no idea, but it was one of the worst things I have ever ever watched. The worst thing was that Astrid was Vivians guardian. she was the enemy in the book! blazingly obvious Mr. Director sir! :P

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:24 am

koibito wrote:ooh, I really love this book. I think I've read it five times.
but the movie... oh jeez, that was the biggest disappointment EVER. I hate it.
I mean, seriously, its like the director never -read- the book! and no one felt like correcting him? no idea, but it was one of the worst things I have ever ever watched. The worst thing was that Astrid was Vivians guardian. she was the enemy in the book! blazingly obvious Mr. Director sir! :P
The director of Blood & Chocolate was a woman.

The only thing they got from the book were the characters' names. But they changed Aiden's last name (it's Galvin or something in the movie, it's Teague in the novel).
But yeah. The movie was just a disappointment after a disappointment. Though it's not always the director who's to blame; screenwriters, casting directors, producers, etc, are just as much as "guilty" as turning a great novel into a horrible movie. What's even more worse, I heard a rumor that Klause wasn't kept in date with the movie's production, she had to dig out information from the Internet. What a way to treat the author of the novel! >.>

Garion1

Post by Garion1 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:45 pm

i had to completly forget the book so i could enjoy the movie, and then reread the book. The book was great and the movie ok.
I am a woman and I reserve the right to be inconsistent!

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 am

That's exactly my point, people should not even try to connect the book and the movie and force them to become a singular thing, because they are two completely different matters. The book is insanely entertaining and has a gripping story, all the while the movie was just a poor, loosely-based adaption of the novel... a downright shame.

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:02 am

Embry wrote:The book is insanely entertaining and has a gripping story
I would have to disagree with you there ^^

- Yana -
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by - Yana - » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Well I absolutely loved the book, and the movie was as good as It could get. I don't mind either. I lvoe to read and I lvoe to read books about wolves/werewolves even more. :D
Songdog wrote:
Embry wrote:The book is insanely entertaining and has a gripping story
I would have to disagree with you there ^^
How do you not find it entertaining? Not really saying against your opinion I'm just wondering. :|

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:11 pm

I read it, I finished it, but really didn't care for it. Whether or not other people like it is beyond the point, I really didn't care for it. It was romance, and it was "werewolves". Neither of which are extremely interesting to me.

Plus a good chunk of it was pretty predicable, although I'll give it brownie points for the ending.

Tinyluv
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Tinyluv » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:16 am

The novel rocked!I liked how Vivian was a bratty snob.But I LOVED The ending! :mrgreen:
Sorry that I posted so late! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tinyluv
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Tinyluv » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:19 am

Songdog wrote:I read it, I finished it, but really didn't care for it. Whether or not other people like it is beyond the point, I really didn't care for it. It was romance, and it was "werewolves". Neither of which are extremely interesting to me.

Plus a good chunk of it was pretty predicable, although I'll give it brownie points for the ending.
You should be apprieciated for saying that!!People have to have some real guts to say that!!! 8) :wink: :mrgreen: :!:

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Please do not double post, just use the edit feature if you have something to add.

And why would it take a lot of guts to say I don't like it?

unokitsune
Pup
Pup
Location: french seams rock woohoo no more seam allowance shown!

Post by unokitsune » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:25 pm

This book is actually my favorite book, the movie could kiss my butt for all I care. That WAS NOT B$C. It just took the name of the story and some of the characters but the story in the movie was completly bogus. Book is awesome. I can't believe they would do that to Anette. I first read this in Middle school, it was my escape and freedom. It's the best book on werewolves I have seen so far.
♥♫See my NEW avatar picture♫♥: http://unokitsune.deviantart.com/art/me ... -136421378
╬☼╬See MY BRUSH TUTORIAL ╬☼╬: http://unokitsune.deviantart.com/art/Ma ... -136857352
unokitsune.deviantart.com

Eshtar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Eshtar » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:50 am

I loved the novel more then the movie. I watched the movie more then once because of the wolves and all. What i did NOT like about the movie was Vivian. She hated all the pack outright and did everything she could to go against everyone. That made Gabriel look alot worse. he did have some right to feel how he did twords the end of the movie. "do you want to be that hunter in the night?" He never forgave Man. Adian in the movie ticked me off a bit as well. When the truth was fount out Adian made it seem like Vivian did not care one thing about him when he said "if you cared anything about me, you would have left me before we even met" yet who was the one who would not even leave Vivan alone in the first place? She TRIED to leave you moron. In the novel Adian still alligator me off because it seemed like before she changed in frount of him, it seemed all he wanted her for was well one thing. While Vivian was basicly reveiling her heart for crying out loud. Adian wished so much for it to be all magicly real and what happens? he tries to kill her and not really love her to begin with just because she is different. Anyway all in all the Novel I read at least 100 times now and will again lol.

Tinyluv
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Tinyluv » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:03 am

Songdog wrote:Please do not double post, just use the edit feature if you have something to add.

And why would it take a lot of guts to say I don't like it?
Most people dont admit that they dont like something!Some people just go with the flow.
Oh and I will double post if I want,theres no rule against it!(Or is there?)
I did not mean to make you :evil: mad!
I really loved the book,not the movie!(The movie was rubbish!)

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:20 am

Mad? I'm not mad really, just confused.

Most people wouldn't say that they don't like something? I don't suppose I'm most people then. If I don't like something, I say so. But I try to say why I don't like something instead of just saying "This was a bad book/I didn't like it." My opinion may be different from others, as sometimes it comes down to a matter of taste.

The book was too romance centered, and I'm not a big fan of werewolves to begin with. Their hype, in my opinion, is similar to vampires books, it's generally the same reoccurring themes. I really haven't found a book or movie that does something different with them.

I did state that I was happy with what the author chose for the book's ending. Instead of "they lived happily ever after", she said "Bother that nonsense, the human runs off screaming like a little girl and whats-her-face goes with generic-wolf-dude and they live. Maybe."