Christmas in Yellowstone on PBS Dec 23, 2007

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
WQ Project Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Christmas in Yellowstone on PBS Dec 23, 2007

Post by WQ Project Coordinator » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:55 am

NATURE presents CHRISTMAS IN YELLOWSTONE, a breathtaking look at wintertime deep within America's first national park.

Stretching across more than 2.2 million acres of Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho is one of the greatest expanses of unspoiled nature and wildlife anywhere on Earth -- Yellowstone National Park . Designated America's first national park in 1872, Yellowstone now receives almost three million visitors each year. Yet only a small fraction of those who glimpse the park's stunning vistas, geological wonders, and animal residents do so during the winter months, a time whennature's inhospitality is matched only by its serenity.

NATURE follows in the snowy footprints of Yellowstone's red foxes, spies on the predatory warfare of wolves and elk, and climbs into the den of a grizzly bear that gives birth to two cubs while deep in hibernation. In addition to mesmerizing footage of landscapes and wildlife, trail alongside author and photographer Tom Murphy, who has been coming to Yellowstone for the past 26 winters, camping and photographing amid the silence and solitude of the park. And, online, go behind the scenes with filmmaker Shane Moore to find out how he kept up with Murphy during an at times harrowing trek, reminiscent of the legendary John Colter's first journey into the park nearly two hundred years ago.

"Christmas in Yellowstone," airs Sunday, December 23rd at 8 p.m. EST on PBS (check local listings).

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Christmas in Yellowstone on PBS Dec 23, 2007

Post by pawnee » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:09 pm

yay! christmas time for wolfies! we should send christmas/ holiday cards!
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

ChocolateRain
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ChocolateRain » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:38 pm

Heyyy my PBS is gonna show this! Probably gonna have to tape it though.

Kaiji
Pup
Pup

Post by Kaiji » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:41 am

OH NOOOOOOOOOOO! I missed it. Is it coming on again anytime?

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:08 am

I wish I got pbs... I couldnt watch it because I dont get that channel. or any of the others with anything about wolves on it.
icon by Rottenrobbie