Black Blood Alliance

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Griffinsong
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Black Blood Alliance

Post by Griffinsong » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:18 am

Yogi wrote:BBA Is pretty good (I prefer the background art) but the plot is a little over going. It is true that they have done the comic FOR NOW but I thin they are still working on the online game, which will be worth it.
I actually think that they'd have stopped development on the game, seeing as the comic itself is being rebooted. Could be wrong, though.

Jinkrules
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Jinkrules » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Griffinsong wrote:
Yogi wrote:BBA Is pretty good (I prefer the background art) but the plot is a little over going. It is true that they have done the comic FOR NOW but I thin they are still working on the online game, which will be worth it.
I actually think that they'd have stopped development on the game, seeing as the comic itself is being rebooted. Could be wrong, though.
I think Griffinsong is right. They're putting the comic on hold, mainly because the artist has a lot in life she needs to work on. I think she is giving the comic over to her co-artist, to do whatever she wants with it.

I did like bloodspill though, a really great character :wink:
Copper Mountain Colorado, Home of the Snow Day!
Jink was not >:3 here!

The Black Wolf moon
Pup
Pup
Location: Dancing, running, with the blackest of wolves in the night timber, as I become a wolf to...

Post by The Black Wolf moon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Love it! To bad they canceled it... :cry:
Visit my dA account! www.Wolved.deviantart.com
I made my avvie, I also take commisions on my dA Just look in the gallery and you'll find my price list!

The Black Wolf moon
Pup
Pup
Location: Dancing, running, with the blackest of wolves in the night timber, as I become a wolf to...

Post by The Black Wolf moon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Songdog wrote:Wolf's Rain didn't have kung-flower action though =D I've never read Warriors, but I know it has lots of violence. So does Ginga (which was made of so much fail in my opinion) Getting of subject a bit, but although it was violent, Wolf's Rain really wasn't centered on fighting and what not. It had plenty of other faults, but it wasn't an action-y show.

I'm still for my theory that people see brightly colored "wolf" like things and go crazy. Trow in some blood, evil characters, and a war 'plot', and there you have it: instant hit.
:D :D Good thing mine won't be like that! There is only one crazy colored charachter, (who will soon have a color change to gray with black ears) and no war plot either, like almost all of em' also, each has a voice you will be able to hear in your head, and no properness. I will save you all! As soon as i'm 13... (devaint art requires you to be 13)
Visit my dA account! www.Wolved.deviantart.com
I made my avvie, I also take commisions on my dA Just look in the gallery and you'll find my price list!

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:43 pm

please don't double post
just edit your previous post if you have more to say
icon by Rottenrobbie

WesternWolfWarrior
Pup
Pup

Post by WesternWolfWarrior » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:47 pm

Blackblood alliance is pretty good. I like Nightrun she's cute. The only thing I don't like about bba is that the names sound like names from Warriors. I mean theres Swiftkill, Bloodspill, Nightrun, Whitewind, Blackear and so on. I think Kay Fedewa may have gotten the idea for the name style from warriors but who knows. :?
Anyway, I hope the comic will go on cuz it's pretty neat. :)
Call me Cloverblaze.

I'm more active on YouTube and DeviantART than here.

Avatar and character (Zeborah) made by me.

VanishingPawPrints
Yearling
Yearling

Post by VanishingPawPrints » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:51 pm

I have read a few pages of the comic, and I think it is pretty good. I like the background, and the story moves along nicely. I don't like the plot line that much, but over all I think it is a good story.
With so many books, comics, and movies out there names in one story will start to sound like names form another. Plus people are always looking for new and unique names, well not always. The Phantom Stallion series also uses many Warrior-like names; Blue Wings, Darksunshine, and so on.
Avviy by Rapresentine
My wolves
sp: EarthEye and WaterGem, Elements and FireMist, AirJet and Wind, Vanish and WindPup
mp: Prints
Rebelutionary doing hard things

Loua
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Loua » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:14 pm

Songdog wrote:It's cliche as heck. Evil sabertooths at war with wolves? Or better yet, the "dire" wolves who were betrayed by an evil (and red eyed, cause all bad guys have red eyes) wolf, so then they were exiled. It's incredibly unoriginal. It's as if they're going through the book of cliches or something. The dialog is annoying too, how they all talk so proper; the writer has no sense of colloquialism or speech variation.

And this nonsense with the dire wolves? No. Those are not dire wolves. They are nothing close to dire wolves. She should have just made up a new mythical species because that was ridiculous. She wrote the dire wolves as if they were just a genetic variation of the wolf; they're nowhere close. They're entirely different genus and species, they could never interbreed. They did not tolerate each other. Dire Wolves weren't as superman-esque as she described them. They were longer and a bit taller, and much heavier; they were fatter and sluggish versions of gray wolves. They were very slow, and that's why they died out. They couldn't hunt faster game, they were believed to be scavengers, not a proud-race of ultra wolves. In the story, she says they're ultra strong and ultra fast, when they were rather slow and a bulky. Plus, they did not have freakish markings.

I don't know why people give wolf character freakish markings. If you like something, don't change how it is.

Really, I don't understand why everyone loves it. They see canine-like-things and weird angles and freak. Just because it has "wolves" in it, does not make it good. It has little, if any, literary merit. The writer has no sense of plot or creativity or originality.

Although the backgrounds are pretty. The end. And Kayfedewa doesn't do the backgrounds; that goes to the very talented and very under appreciated Esda.

I hate Black Blood Alliance. And, I hate how it caused a surge in identical and just as ridiculous other wolf comic-copies.
Agreed. I read the comic and my eyes hurt because of the red, emo-haired wolves with phosphorescent green markings. The backgrounds are nice, but that's pretty much everything I like about the comic. After all, it is always the same plot, over and over.
And whats with the names? Bloodspill, Windchill, Greywind? I haven't found a name that isn't a combination of words.
Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby
~Ruth E. Renkel

¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ oʇ ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞıן pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ ƃuıuɹnʇ pɹıǝʍ ןɐǝɹ ʞooן noʎ ʍouʞ noʎ pıp

Birdwatching is AWESOME!!!!!

Avvie by Me!

Schokol
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Schokol » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:56 am

I actually liked this series.The plot was a cliche, but the art and the BG´s were wonderful.Overall, it was fun to read.

Also, I strongly disagree with those that said the wolves looked "emo" or "to bright". From what I have saw in other artwork, it is not even near. Haha, so either my screen doesn´t work properly, or those wolves are indeed emo.

Feel free to correct me if you wish.
"Nine out of ten people like chocolate.The tenth person always lies."
.....(\_/)
(... {, "-;
.)).. /';.\
((_()'_ \\,,

*Schokol*

-Selaks-
Pup
Pup
Location: Racing through open fields, the wind blowing through my fur.

Post by -Selaks- » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:08 pm

I looooove Blackblood Alliance, and I love Swiftkill she rulez! :D I mean, the plot is a bit sketchy but I like the idea, I feel bad for the pups that Swiftkill (accidently) killed.
~Selaks
Proud Lead Skywatcher of White Skies pack
Canadian and proud of it
Sitting still would be a mistake. Ignorance is no longer a protection- Fablehaven, Rise Of The Evening Star
Thanks to Fen, (Fenrir Ash) for my avvie!
Proud Alpha Female of Rainbow Skies Pack

Asheek
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Asheek » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:06 pm

I find the series annoying. Like every other wolf comic, there is an evil pack they must fight, wolves are highly un realstic and so on.
................................α s h є є k
.................קг๏ย๔ ๒єtค Ŧє๓คlє ๏Ŧ tђє รtคг lเﻮђt קคςк

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:01 pm

I love them! I might get the comic for our annual trip to NC. I like Bloodspill. I took a test and got her. XD I also like that its set in the far past. I can't wait for the game! My character is a suprize! XD I also like Swiftkill

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

wolfoflegend
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfoflegend » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:38 pm

i think its cool. I think it has a good story and art to it. It was easy for me to catch on, the beggining. I hope they finish it i really like reading it. And as to say my favorite character so far would be BloodSpill. BloodSpill has that sort of loyal, aggressive, tough, but funny, sort of character that i always think are the cooliest.
"I have been abandoned by death for it has cursed me to live."

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

pugeee
Pup
Pup

Post by pugeee » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:39 pm

i so loooove Swiftkill in the comic i hope that they make a book on it only like show her story from the beggining and then move on. :D
just a simple wanderer

Howleen
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Kodex

Post by Howleen » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:32 am

Love it. :D:D
New account @ Kodex.