Off-White

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
WildFire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Off-White

Post by WildFire » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:31 pm

They sound like it could be. I dunno. I'm still reading names and stuff. Maybe there will be something in there that will say something about the plot of the story. Then we might be able to come to the conclusion that most, if not everything was based from Norse Mythology. It's a neat way to get inspiration!
Songdog wrote:According to her DA page, Akreon is from Poland, which is considered one of the Nordic/Proto-Germanic regions. She was probably inspired not just by the runes, but by Norse mythology in general. There are little allusions in the story here and there.
Lol I was about to post what I wrote XD. Wow, then that's awesome! I want to keep reading up about mythology. It's quite interesting 8D.
Last edited by WildFire on Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:35 pm

It's not Rune mythology, runs are from Norse Mythology. If I may get semi-off topic for just a moment, the legend goes that Odin tied himself upside from the World Tree and hung there for a long time. He looked into a well and there appeared before him the runes. They are cast to reveal insight for a person, or as invocations for their meanings.

I am a bit interested to see how she goes along with the theme. I wonder if the plot will revolve around Ragnorak.

WildFire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by WildFire » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:39 pm

Songdog wrote:It's not Rune mythology, runs are from Norse Mythology. If I may get semi-off topic for just a moment, the legend goes that Odin tied himself upside from the World Tree and hung there for a long time. He looked into a well and there appeared before him the runes. They are cast to reveal insight for a person, or as invocations for their meanings.

I am a bit interested to see how she goes along with the theme. I wonder if the plot will revolve around Ragnorak.
Oh, oops. I edited. That's so odd. Maybe that could be the "light" part of the story? Because in akreon's comic, it says there are two of one type of species that stands out from the rest. The one that balances the entire species as a whole. And then Ragnorak is the "dark" side?

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:44 pm

Ragnorak is the end of the world; IE: The apocalypse. Ragnorak is supposed to come after Fibulwinter, a three year long winter of the wolves. After Ragnorak the earth is supposed to sink for a number of days and then be reborn anew. But as I said, I have to be careful when on this subject as religion and mythology are in truth one in the same.

So maybe the story takes place during the Fimbulwinter?

WildFire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by WildFire » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:48 pm

When Raigho talks about Iki's past and how his pack was formed, it said that it had been in a horrible winter time and when Iki appeared, the storm clouds disappeared as if on command. So I guess it could be in Fimbulwinter.

wolflover007
Pup
Pup

Post by wolflover007 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:03 pm

I read it and it was really good, im interested to see how the story goes on... :mrgreen:
Sometimes the hardest part,
Isn't holding on..but,
Letting go..

Some of my best friends are, SeaFur, Shadow*, Coco, Jinxx, dArKspIr, BlakSnow, and many more^^

Mate? I have no mate at this moment.. Why? Life's why..

()()()
(___) DarkKiss

April

Post by April » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:09 pm

I finished what was there. But just think how detailed one picture is!
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

WildFire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by WildFire » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:16 pm

April wrote:I finished what was there. But just think how detailed one picture is!
That's probably one of the best things of her comic. She puts a lot of effort into it and doesn't make many flaws that I see, of course, I never looked at every detail.

April

Post by April » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:21 pm

WildFire wrote:
April wrote:I finished what was there. But just think how detailed one picture is!
That's probably one of the best things of her comic. She puts a lot of effort into it and doesn't make many flaws that I see, of course, I never looked at every detail.

It would take a long time to finish with a LOT of hard work. Though I kind of think it's a bit rushed, but that's just my opinion. And that black wolf is so immature...
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

~April~

Snow Powder Runs Pack

maccork95
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Location: Being the first human to ever take a step on Uranus.

Post by maccork95 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:58 pm

April wrote:
WildFire wrote:

It would take a long time to finish with a LOT of hard work. Though I kind of think it's a bit rushed, but that's just my opinion. And that black wolf is so immature...
Thats the point, to add a little bit of humor
I support the Alliance

Silveriver
Pup
Pup

Post by Silveriver » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:17 am

I love to read the Off-White series :D
If you have pie please give it to it's rightfull master... Me!

‡Water‡
╠Beta╣
₪ Frosted Creek Pack! ₪

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:48 pm

I like the black wolf....I like how she`s grumpy all the time :D

I like the art style too. its realistic and clean looking. its almost an animation cell feel to it.
the dialogue describes the characters well, though soemtimes the story is a bit rushed but I think the comic is pretty good. I thought it was more of one of the original DA comics floating around....other than Mac`s comic of course :D
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

April

Post by April » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:52 pm

I think Gebo, Iki, and the leader are really cute. My favourite though is probably the leader.

~April~

Snow Powder Runs Pack

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:20 pm

pawnee wrote:I like the black wolf....I like how she`s grumpy all the time :D

I like the art style too. its realistic and clean looking. its almost an animation cell feel to it.
the dialogue describes the characters well, though soemtimes the story is a bit rushed but I think the comic is pretty good. I thought it was more of one of the original DA comics floating around....other than Mac`s comic of course :D
-cough- And Kahea's -cough-

Another unusual thing with Akreon is the frequency of which she updates. She makes new pages rather often, which is nice.

Oh, doesn't she have a partner that does something on the comic as well?

Gingadog
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Gingadog » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:22 pm

I'm not sure, I'll have to check
Insane is my middle name

I cna't bleveie yuor biarn raed tihs! PM me olny if you can raed tihs
# of plpoee who cluod raed tihs: 59

I like dead things... does that make me bad?

I am a proud Mac 

R.I.P Lady Bird