Off-White

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
fallenshadowolf
Pup
Pup

Re: Off-White

Post by fallenshadowolf » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Hey Everyone. I last posted in this thread when the first forum was open, and well after that crashed it took a year hiatus but we've had it opened once more. I work as the role-play moderator on there, and we love to have new faces.
Currently we're holding both a writing and an art contest on the role-play board if anyone is interested. I'm not usually on this site but if you do join you can seek me out for any questions you have, I go by Shadow on there.

You can get to the forum through their main site's navigation bar, just look for forum.
Have a nice day.
I do commissions on Deviantart.

Find me at
http://mistywren.deviantart.com/

Wonderland Summer
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Wonderland Summer » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Where can you find Off-White avvies?
¨¨
|¨ Wonderland Summer ¨|
It's all fun and games
till somebody loses their
|..╚═ MIND ═╝..|
¨¨
Signature - Raven
Lyrics- Taylor Swift's Wonderland

April

Post by April » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:28 pm

fallenshadowolf wrote:Hey Everyone. I last posted in this thread when the first forum was open, and well after that crashed it took a year hiatus but we've had it opened once more. I work as the role-play moderator on there, and we love to have new faces.
Currently we're holding both a writing and an art contest on the role-play board if anyone is interested. I'm not usually on this site but if you do join you can seek me out for any questions you have, I go by Shadow on there.

You can get to the forum through their main site's navigation bar, just look for forum.
Have a nice day.

Sorry what? What forum?

Anyway I don't have a problem with the whole evil humans thing. Back in the old days, hunters killed plenty of wolves to keep them from killing their sheep. This story does make sense considering the wolves killed the poor farmer's sheep and apparently they've been killing a lot of sheep. So he shot them in order for them to stop raiding his sheep. Seems pretty fair to me. Besides, this is played out from a wolf's eyes, so of course humans are going to be bad.

Besides it's just a story, it's not necessarily meant to be realistic, it's meant to be entertaining to the reader. And I'll tell you right now, this whole scary thing surrounding humans is definitely keeping me on my toes and holding my breath in suspense and fear, just lke the story should.
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

shironoryuu
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by shironoryuu » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:39 pm

I've been thinking about reading this comic. I'm looking forward to it, so please if there are any, don't give out any spoilers.
I'm a comic geek.

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:16 am

• What do you guys think of the comic's recent progression?

I am in slight disagreement over how Raigho was able to throw Seven over his shoulder on pg. 242. And the way they illustrated her landing in the top right panel on that same page made me think she had hit the cliff side again, until new pages revealed she had hit the ground. The other recent thing I'm a little disappointed in is how the blood from Seven's knife happened to splat right into in Gebo's eyes... there's no reason why these things couldn't happen in this sort of comic, but I was a little conflicted over them all the same.

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:27 am

I kind of laughed when I read your post Tonbei- the physics of the blood spatter is wrong....

I like the artwork-not a big fan of the story. The artwork keeps me going but I haven't read it lately. I just find the story borring and slow- the character are kind of bland and the plot is predictable.

The wolves are done nicely- I realize they make some OC looking wolfies but I can understand why. I also enjoy how the artists colour the backgrounds, I find these are usually rather dark. Anatomy is usually pretty good. If the story was better I would actually read it more.
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:32 pm

pawnee wrote:I kind of laughed when I read your post Tonbei- the physics of the blood spatter is wrong....
  • I reread my post to see, and I realized there was a grammatical error XD.
pawnee wrote:I like the artwork-not a big fan of the story. The artwork keeps me going but I haven't read it lately. I just find the story borring and slow- the character are kind of bland and the plot is predictable.
  • That reminds me of a line I read on a certain offensive online encyclopedia (if you haven't been, don't worry about it :P ) that mocks wolf comics in general: that the generic wolf webcomic features wolves "standing around and talking a lot". But yes, nice art. Never realized he many expressions drawn wolves could have!

I think it would be best to discover this comic after it was already complete--that way you could read it in a short period of time, and maybe pick up on their progression changes better than someone who has read it since the beginning or halfway.
pawnee wrote:The wolves are done nicely- I realize they make some OC looking wolfies but I can understand why. I also enjoy how the artists colour the backgrounds, I find these are usually rather dark. Anatomy is usually pretty good. If the story was better I would actually read it more.
  • I do like Jera though, especially in the early pages, and her reference to sparklewolves/wolf "nobility". Gotta have some laughs in there! Raigho is a bit flat; I am waiting to see more of his back-story revealed to change that statement though.

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:56 pm

I did/do like Jera. Yes she is Sassy and Snappy but she is probably the most realistic one in terms of behaviour-e.g, she has no kin selection for an orphaned pup! Yes, I used to read it somewhat weekly so it was a bit slow waiting for another page to come out. Maybe I should re-read it sometime.

Even though they aren't really wolves-more like mutants- I read Wurr on the side of reading Off-white and I found I disliked the main protagonist for the same reason. They are held as some kind of special person with a magical ability but lack character and motivation. Indeed the other characters are much more strong in both stories despite appearing less in the panels.
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:12 pm

• Maybe...maybe :P.

Raigho just makes himself hard to like! If I recall correctly though, Isa of all characters is tied for second most popular from a poll taken on the OW forums (http://www.off-white.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26)! And she has basically no major role or outstanding traits that I can see or consider to be of likability. What is likable about her depends on how her presence changes other characters like Jera (perfect daughter scene).

I don't really hold anything against the authors for not keeping to strictly realistic wolf behavior though. I mean, with spirits and legends and all... and they are talking wolves. Once animals can talk, I pretty much consider any further anthropomorphic characteristics form that point on to be acceptable. But that's just me!

I too find Wurr's pacing a liiiiittle too slow, and I am not referring to page turnout rates. I haven't checked in on that one in awhile...
    Surama and Hafmar are the most entertaining.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:46 am

This has some of the most amazing art I've ever seen O.o You guys have no idea how many freebies I saved from their site to study the art style... XD
And Norse myths! That part was really cool for me-- I've always found Norse myths intriguing.
Although... someone needs to wash those characters' mouths out with soap >.< It's a little annoying when you're trying to read and it's like "and *beep* the *beep* with the *beep*" O.o Dude... at the very least, block it out with the old " #@%! "... >.<
...And I had no idea they only had part 1 out. Soooooo now to waiting for the next installment >.< Cliffhanger is cliffhangy...
Edit: Whoops, this is really old O.o Didn't mean to bump an old topic, but presumably it's preferable to creating a duplicate? O.o Sorry...
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:59 am

Posting on old topics is fine as long as they are still relevant, which this one is, so you're fine. If you had made a new topic, it would've been locked with a link to this one.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:51 am

Katserin Kynsi wrote:
Posting on old topics is fine as long as they are still relevant, which this one is, so you're fine. If you had made a new topic, it would've been locked with a link to this one.
Ah, alright- thanks for the clarification ;) I think I got mixed up with the rules of another forum I'm on where it's the reverse ;)
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:11 am

I love this comic a lot and I can't wait for new updates. As of now I know they completed volume one with a rather big cliff hanger, and at the moment they are redoing the first pages of the comic to make them fit more with the story, the plot and the new, more improved art. I'm really excited to see the old pages becoming new and improved, but I also want to know what will happen next, in the second volume.
They take a lot of time to draw the pages, as they take a lot of breaks, as well, so sometimes I'm waiting months for a new page. Not that that's really bad, because the pages are beautiful and the story is cool, but I'm an impatient person. xD
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:01 pm

Just found this topic, now I finally have a place to yell about Off-White because wow I love it so much. I even named one of my WQ characters after Iki, hehe.

I've been following OW pretty much since the third chapter was in works. I love the story, the characters, and the art is beautiful. It's been cool to see how the artists style has developed. Now that the first volume is finished they're actually redoing the early pages to prepare for print (!!! I cannot wait! Gonna be the first to order probably.) Off-White definitely helped kickstart my love for wolves with their lovely art (finally....a comic that manages to create unique wolf characters without turning them into sparkle dogs...). I think it's really cool to have a story that views the end of the world through a wolfs perspective, and they tie in the Norse mythology so wonderfully.

They're actually on patreon now if anyone is interested in supporting them :D
"No matter where they are, the restless imagine being somewhere else."

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:32 am

Yeah I noticed! c:
Though I have no money to support them, even though I wish I had.
DeviantArt Artstation Instagram Weasyl Newgrounds
Discord (Jeames#7775)

av ↝ noir_187