Off-White

Discuss wolf-focused literature, artwork, videos, and other media, or show off your own wolf art or writings in the subforums. Read the Rules for User Writings and/or Wolf Art before posting.

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Forum rules
This forum is for wolf art, literature, videos, and other media. If you post a topic to discuss a piece of wolf artwork, literature, or other wolf-related media, you must include the original artist/author. If you post something that is not yours and claim it as your own, you may be warned or banned.
Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Off-White

Post by Noctis_ » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:39 pm

Off-White is really beautifully done. I read all of volume one, but for some reason I can't view the third-to-last page, which is infinitely frustrating.
I don't know a terrible lot about why it was canceled, but I get the impression it became slow, and more work/stress than it was worth for the author(s).
ŊØͻϯϋɇ

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:45 pm

The last few months were filled for us with exceptional amount of work. This also gave us the opportunity to look at the project objectively. The truth we all realise is that Off-White has not been going well for the last two years. The updates were infrequent and updating the old pages killed the flow of the story, especially for the newcomers.
We started the comic fresh out of high school; didn’t have any experience when it comes to writing stories; and very little background when it comes to digital art. Since then the comic has been going for almost 9 years. It seems like a lifetime of experience and knowledge. We are not the same artist we have been a decade ago. It is very frustrating to work against the incompetence of your past self. With that in mind continuing the story with the lack of proper set up we currently have in Volume One is very hard. Even with very conservative estimates we would have to redo around 100 pages for the story to make sense. It is a daunting task.
On top of that a month ago, we had a failure of our main backup repository of pages. A big chunk of the redone pages has been lost or corrupted. Which sets us back even further.

If we had the same amount of spare time as we did when starting the comic getting it back on track would still be a huge task, but not an impossible one. Unfortunately, this is not the case. We all have successful and highly engaging careers that we wish to pursue.
This is from their homepage. Its a shame, as it was an interesting, beautiful story. It sounds like a whole host of issues came up, and since this wasn't their full time job, I can see why they do not want to finish it at the moment.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:53 am

I discovered they had stopped independently of this thread but forgot to address their hiatus here. I’m not surprised— redoing all of those pages was a huge undertaking and, coupled their with their careers (as I think they have done work for CD Projekt RED) and a story they conceived long ago, they probably felt like they were at a standstill (and it definitely felt that way). I’ll be locking this thread since the comic is on an indefinite hiatus and I don’t see the potential for further discussion that is fruitful.
Topic locked.