Slough Creek - Choosing a den, Missions & Final Journey Help

This section is for User Guides relating to the WQ Game. Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Forum rules
Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Starz10

Slough Creek - Choosing a den, Missions & Final Journey Help

Post by Starz10 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:24 pm

Chapter 1
Choosing your den.
Since there will be no furthur episodes of SC, the den you choose will be your permanant home for the rest of the game. There are ups and downs to each den, so you need to be careful on what one you choose.
Bison Peak Cutoff
The most popular den. Bison provides plenty of carcasses but bunches of danger. The carcasses risk your pups because predators will come to feast. Also, on the Journey, the stranger wolf will expand his or her's territory, which is a extreme problem when trying to get to the Summer Den with all four pups. Overall, this is a decent den, and one of my favorties.
Saddle Meadows
A perfect den for new and inexpirenced players. Hunting grounds are close and there is a decent amount of carcasses, which means lower chance of predators. And an upside is that tehre are no annoying stranger wolf territories nearby. This is an ideal den, and I highly reccomend it.
Aspen Heights
I would not reccomend this to newer players, but expirened ones who like a good challenge. The farthest den from the Summer Den, yet one of the safest. Tucked away in some hills this den has teh closet Hunting Grounds. Predators are less likley to invade and although a stranger wolf territroy is nearby, it wil lnot harm your pups in any way. I highly reccomend this den, especially if you want good challenge.
The Secret Den
The den earned from high expirence points... I can tell you right now that I don't reccomend it.
Why? Cause of what I heard happens when you choose that den.
I never risked using that den, extreme glitches are common.
I even heard in some cases it was so glitchy, that WQ needed to be redownloaded.
I did hear some positive things about it though, such as:
Not many predators
Closest to the Cattle Ranch
Downsides
Very glitchy in seemingly annoying and harmful ways, such as flying pups, black rivers, glitching mates, and terrible glitches making WQ needed to be redownloaded.
Second farthest den to the Summer Den
Far away from Hunting Grounds (Not counting Cattle Ranch)
So now, we have disscused the densites, and you need to make a decesion. If you have chosen your den, then keep reading. If you have not, then look over your choices and when you have made a decesion, move on to the next chapter.
Chapter 2
Marking your territroy.
It is required to mark your territroy to first claim your den, but after that... it won't be worth it. Don't bother to mark your territroy, it wastes your time and puts your pups in danger. Predators will always appear, no matter how high or how low your territroy markigns are. But, if you have a bad feeling, then you might want to set down a few markers. You CAN mark your territory a bit, but don’t go over board.
Chapter 3
Your Pups
Your pups have been born, hurray! Now, you simply name them (if you have enough expirence points) and care for them. You will have to stay at the den and guard them for nearby predators. Your mate will hunt and bring them food, so you will not need to worry about that, unless of course your mate decides to glitch or be lazy. In this case, DO NOT HUNT. Scavenge for carcasses, fill up, and feed your pups. If you happen to live near the Cattle Ranch, you may go there but ONLY if you live close enough to it, otherwise... don't risk it.
Chapter 4
Defend your Pups Mission
We all hate this mission, the bear comes running around and you get annoyed. No worries, the bear is NOT going to attack your pups, meaning you don't have to chase it off your territory. Eventually, after some time it will go away. Don't be afraid to save during the Defend Your Pups Mission.
Chapter 5
Grow your Pups
You will need to heavily feed your pups in this part of the game. Feed them as much as you can. Your mate will also feed them, so they should gain weight fast. Feed the rutn of the litter the most so that they can catch up to their sibilings Take this time to really get to know your pups, don't rush anything, because the next and last time you'll see them is in the Journey, which is the next step.
Chapter 6
The Final Journey
The time has come, you have prepared yourself for this moment. this is the final mission, the last step. You must get your pups across the map into Douglas Fir Slopes, also known as the Star. You will see a green dot on your map in Douglas Fir Slopes, that is your destanation. Pack up on your food for your pups, because they are very slow and mischevious(Not all of them are "mischevious" but the majority of them have problems, so make sure to carry your stupidest pup so it won't wander off) Do not count on your mate no matter HOW helpful he or she is. Be aware of the eagle, who will also swoop down and take your pups. The eagle will show up on the preadator cam as it circles in the sky, once it lands it will start to hop towards the targeted pup, to chase it off, run towards it and hit into it, it will fly away. Be aware, the eagle WILL come back in a matter of time, so you will have to repeat this process.
ALWAYS walk backwards so you can see your pups. Your mate should carry them over to you, but remember; NEVER rely on him/her for anything.
Other Helpful Tips
To get your pups to look like you and/or your mate, simply kill all four of them, then when it gives you the choice to reload, than reload. Your pups should look like you/or your mate (Or a mixture)
-More Coming Soon (Hopefully)
I would not reccomend this to newer players, but expirened ones who like a good challenge. The farthest den from the Summer Den, yet one of the safest. Tucked away in some hills this den has teh closet Hunting Grounds. Predators are less likley to invade and although a stranger wolf territroy is nearby, it wil lnot harm your pups in any way. I highly reccomend this den, especially if you want good challenge.
The Secret Den
The den earned from high expirence points... I can tell you right now that I don't reccomend it.
Why? Cause of what I heard happens when you choose that den.
I never risked using that den, extreme glitches are common.
I even heard in some cases it was so glitchy, that WQ needed to be redownloaded.
I did hear some positive things about it though, such as:
Not many predators
Closest to the Cattle Ranch
Downsides
Very glitchy in seemingly annoying and harmful ways, such as flying pups, black rivers, glitching mates, and terrible glitches making WQ needed to be redownloaded.
Second farthest den to the Summer Den
Far away from Hunting Grounds (Not counting Cattle Ranch)
So now, we have disscused the densites, and you need to make a decesion. If you have chosen your den, then keep reading. If you have not, then look over your choices and when you have made a decesion, move on to the next chapter.
Chapter 2
Marking your territroy.
It is required to mark your territroy to first claim your den, but after that... it won't be worth it. Don't bother to mark your territroy, it wastes your time and puts your pups in danger. Predators will always appear, no matter how high or how low your territroy markigns are. But, if you have a bad feeling, then you might want to set down a few markers. You CAN mark your territory a bit, but don’t go over board.
Chapter 3
Your Pups
Your pups have been born, hurray! Now, you simply name them (if you have enough expirence points) and care for them. You will have to stay at the den and guard them for nearby predators. Your mate will hunt and bring them food, so you will not need to worry about that, unless of course your mate decides to glitch or be lazy. In this case, DO NOT HUNT. Scavenge for carcasses, fill up, and feed your pups. If you happen to live near the Cattle Ranch, you may go there but ONLY if you live close enough to it, otherwise... don't risk it.
Chapter 4
Defend your Pups Mission
We all hate this mission, the bear comes running around and you get annoyed. No worries, the bear is NOT going to attack your pups, meaning you don't have to chase it off your territory. Eventually, after some time it will go away. Don't be afraid to save during the Defend Your Pups Mission.
Chapter 5
Grow your Pups
You will need to heavily feed your pups in this part of the game. Feed them as much as you can. Your mate will also feed them, so they should gain weight fast. Feed the rutn of the litter the most so that they can catch up to their sibilings Take this time to really get to know your pups, don't rush anything, because the next and last time you'll see them is in the Journey, which is the next step.
Chapter 6
The Final Journey
The time has come, you have prepared yourself for this moment. this is the final mission, the last step. You must get your pups across the map into Douglas Fir Slopes, also known as the Star. You will see a green dot on your map in Douglas Fir Slopes, that is your destanation. Pack up on your food for your pups, because they are very slow and mischevious(Not all of them are "mischevious" but the majority of them have problems, so make sure to carry your stupidest pup so it won't wander off) Do not count on your mate no matter HOW helpful he or she is. Be aware of the eagle, who will also swoop down and take your pups. The eagle will show up on the preadator cam as it circles in the sky, once it lands it will start to hop towards the targeted pup, to chase it off, run towards it and hit into it, it will fly away. Be aware, the eagle WILL come back in a matter of time, so you will have to repeat this process.
ALWAYS walk backwards so you can see your pups. Your mate should carry them over to you, but remember; NEVER rely on him/her for anything.
Other Helpful Tips
To get your pups to look like you and/or your mate, simply kill all four of them, then when it gives you the choice to reload, than reload. Your pups should look like you/or your mate (Or a mixture)
More Coming Soon (Hopefully)
Starz10
▬▬▬▬

"And her eyes were as bright as a million stars, gazing at the azure skies afar"

WolfQuest Community Member Since 2012

Call me Stardust or Star

▬▬▬▬