Multiplayer - Connection Tips and Crashing

This section is for User Guides relating to the WQ Game. Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Forum rules
Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Laggish Multiplayer Loading Relief

Post by Thandi » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:05 pm

Does Multiplayer take forever to load? Then read more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Multiplayer sometimes tends to get a bit laggish, but here is the number one thing that can help;

Playing on Single Player.

It may sound a bit odd, but it actually works. If when you click on the Multiplayer option at the splash screen and it takes forever to load, then just cancel and go to Single Player, run around for a bit or hunt and then try to load Multiplayer again and it will be much faster.

(Note; The longer you stay on Single Player, the faster Multiplayer is)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

Oceansong-Direwolf
Yearling
Yearling

Multiplayer ─ How to figure out if you are crashing

Post by Oceansong-Direwolf » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:57 pm

Multiplayer ─ How to figure out if you are crashing
Posted by Oceansong-Direwolf September 30, 2011

Hello! This is one of my WolfQuest guides, posted to help you. On Multiplayer, it's very likely you will crash. This is a guide on how to figure out if you are crashing.

The first sign is that nobody is talking at all. They won't even move. If you run up to them and push them, they'll slide fast. They know what you are saying, but you don't know what they are saying to you. The second sign is the elk. They don't move and just walk in place. They'll slide if you push them, as well. Hares will also speed-glitch in place, and if you kill them, they will just disappear. Coyotes speed-glitch it place, too. Bears will not appear.

Those are signs if you are crashing on Multiplayer. I hope this helped you figure out the signs of crashing! If any of this happens, then it is a good idea to leave the server then come back. Hopefully everything will be fine now.
One raindrop among millions.

SallyRose
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Multiplayer - Connection Tips and Crashing

Post by SallyRose » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Try Changing Your Password...Hello, I was unable to access multiplayer games although I could still log into the forums. I tried everything WQ suggests, but nothing would work. I knew it wasn't my computer because my sister uses the same one and was able to log in without any problem. As a last resort, I had my old account (Glacier+Aurora) deleted, and opened a new one, but I was still unable to join multiplayer games. Finally, I decided to try changing my password...and it worked!!! I logged into the forums, changed my password, and now I can finally play multiplayer again! I hope that this will help someone because I know how frustrating that situation can be! Good luck!
-SallyRose :D