How To Deal with Multiplayer Members

This section is for User Guides relating to the WQ Game. Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Forum rules
Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Zethra

How To Deal with Multiplayer Members

Post by Zethra » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:33 pm

"Saving Spots"
Guide to what it is and how to deal with it

The term 'Saving Spots' is often used when one user asks another user to leave an open game on multiplayer; this often occurs when a user is waiting for another person to join their game, weather the person has left for a short period of time, has crashed, or is suppose to arrive within the game shortly.

Some users tend to view the term "Saving Spots" as rude, since of course it is an open game and virtually anyone is allowed to join if they wish.

You can also find the WQ Dictionary's explanation for Saving Spots here.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... y#p1271189

How to Save Spots appropriately
Now, although this is often not permitted and it would just be best for you to create a private game. If you for some reason, cannot, and I know that some users are not able to, then here is the best way for you to do so. (If you are able to create/join multiplayer games, and so can your friends. Just make a private game instead of actually making an open game and treating it as a private game)

Firstly, open another chat with all players (before actually making the game would be preferred). This way, you can stay in contact with each user if one crashes or not. If this is with someone other than friends, ask others to join the chat. (Please note that this is at your own risk and that WQ isn't responsible that happens off-site or game.)
This way, if someone crashes, it will be easier to see what's happening and if they can come back or not.

Secondly, (this has been discussed with other users) if you are saving a spot, wait for at least 10 minuets for the person to return. If they do not come back in that time, it's save to assume that they wont come back for the remainder of the game and it's free to make the game open to anyone else.

Thirdly, make sure that you are asking the person entering to leave. There will be a much better chance for the other person to be polite to you if you are polite to them. Also, back up your statement with a good explanation as to why you're saving a spot, and why you CAN'T make a private game instead. The quote "Please Leave" has, despite the statement of please in the quote, has been considered a command to other users and also labeled as rude. Therefore, does not count as asking.

In vise versa, it's also best for those experiencing the situation to be nice to the person asking you to leave. If someone is actually asking you, if you are rude in return chances are they will start being rude aswell. (which we don't want, as it starts fights which then leads to inappropriate behavior, which again none of us want)
Here are some topics from the FAQ that I also recommend reading for this.

How do I meet up with friends in multiplayer?
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=34866

What should I do if someone won't leave my game?
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=34865

What can/can't happen for not leaving an open game.
(If someone is rude and no explanation provided)

Sometimes, if you do not leave an open game people will start getting annoyed and say that they will report you for not leaving. Basically, it's nothing to worry about and you will not get banned or warned for not leaving an open game.

Here is something from the FAQ that would also be good to look at in regards to this.

What should I do if people ask/command me to leave a game?
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=34864

[This guide has been looked over by Silverhybrid and was given an OK.]
............'..........Avatar by Zethra

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

How to Deal with Mean People

Post by Thandi » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:04 pm

You: Hi!
Wolf1: Get out fool! You are a loser
You: No I'm not!
Wolf1: Yes, haha!
You: No you are a fool!
Wolf1: Ha! Now I'm going to report you!
Wolf1 has logged off

Has this ever happened to you? When a mean wolf, such as the example, Wolf1, has annoyed you and you lash out, just to get you reported? Well then here's the solution.

If you are in a simaliar situation as the above one then you need to learn to control you anger. You are not the bad guy or girl, the mean person is. They just want you to say something bad so they can report you. So, here's a simple guide to what to do.

One: Anger
I understand that you would get angry over this wolf, instead of that, try to control it. Take deep breaths and count to ten. This will help tremendously.

Two: What to Say
When a mean person bullies you, just ignore him or her. The best thing to do, is to say stop. If they don't, make a 'harmless threat' such as: "If you do not stop, I shall report you" If they don't stop, continue on to Step Three to finish this up.

Three: Reporting
When the mean peron bullies you take many screenshots by pressing F1. (Mac Users: Check the FAQ for more assistance on this) After you took all the pictures, leave and send an abuse report to coordinator@wolfquest.org.

I hope that this short guide helps! Be safe out there!
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears