A guide for realistic multi-player roleplaying

This section is for User Guides relating to the WQ Game. Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Forum rules
Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
RabidLynx

Re: A guide for realistic multi-player roleplaying

Post by RabidLynx » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:20 pm

Unrealistic: -Wolves wearing clothes
-Wolves on two legs
-Wolves with the ability to change from one animal into another
-Being able to dodge a human, even if it has guns
-Wolves in places where a wolf wouldn't be (such as an ocean, or outer space.).
-Wolves doing things only humans can do, such as dancing, talking on the phone, etc.

Borderline:-Wolves in captivity, such as a zoo.
-Being a wolf-dog.

Miyaoka

Post by Miyaoka » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:39 pm

I don't have anything to suggest at the moment, but I'll be sure to think of some.

I guess I role play in a fairly realistic way, which is nice to know. Though I do let my wolf talk and express human emotions if the current RP game calls for it. However, keeping short posts is hard for me. Before WolfQuest, I spent all my time on Mweor, where novel-form role plays were encouraged. I am learning, though. :)

RabidLynx

Post by RabidLynx » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Borderline: Wearing a radio collar

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:10 pm

Excellent guide Storm, I wish all people on WolfQuest would follow this guide.

Seewah
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Seewah » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:44 pm

mynameisfaolan wrote:Borderline: Wearing a radio collar

This is realistic because humans track wolf populations, so I think it should be in the realistic section. That said, it would certainly turn into players saying humans are terrible. So I think that, although it is entirely realistic, should be noted that it should probably be avoided.

I support hunting.

Insults do not make for a valid argument.
-Seewah

Storm Breaker
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Storm Breaker » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:07 am

Seewah wrote:
jaguartail wrote:The one about healing should probably be at realistic, not borderline. Wolves probably do know about healing in real life, or else illness deaths among wolves would be very common(it isn't as far as I know).
I think that it should stay borderline. Wolves can't do much more than lick wounds, and sicknesses can't be healed well by a wolf because they don't have medicine. For a sickness, a wolf might only be able to drink a lot of water. That might even be something they don't do. When a wolf becomes sick, it might leave to avoid infecting its pack. That's what I know about sick wolves.
We’ll keep it Borderline for now until a firm consensus can be reached on this one.
Seewah wrote:
Realistic: Staying on the ground, jumping on top of rocks ect. Swimming, carrying realistic things such as pups, sticks, or small stones

Borderline: Jumping rivers (I think they might be too far a distance to jump), climbing steep objects (I think, could be unrealistic.) carrying larger objects in mouth

Unrealistic: Climbing trees, lifting other adult wolves (mouth or back), other unrealistic "athletic" activities
I think most of these fall under something already listed, but I can use some of these as examples. Great!
mynameisfaolan wrote:Unrealistic: -Wolves wearing clothes
-Wolves on two legs
-Wolves with the ability to change from one animal into another
-Being able to dodge a human, even if it has guns
-Wolves in places where a wolf wouldn't be (such as an ocean, or outer space.).
-Wolves doing things only humans can do, such as dancing, talking on the phone, etc.

Borderline:-Wolves in captivity, such as a zoo.
-Being a wolf-dog.
You have some good examples here that I’ll incorporate into what’s already listed. I’ll list separately the idea of wolves doing human things and wolves in captivity. I’ve already listed the idea of humans playing a major role in Borderline, so I think it follows to also place the idea of captivity there. We didn’t clarify that by “realistic” we’re talking strictly about wolves in the wild, in which case wolves in captivity could be completely realistic…but for the sake of minimizing the “humans are bad syndrome” I think borderline is best right now.
Miyaoka wrote:I don't have anything to suggest at the moment, but I'll be sure to think of some.

I guess I role play in a fairly realistic way, which is nice to know. Though I do let my wolf talk and express human emotions if the current RP game calls for it. However, keeping short posts is hard for me. Before WolfQuest, I spent all my time on Mweor, where novel-form role plays were encouraged. I am learning, though. :)
Zarago wrote:Excellent guide Storm, I wish all people on WolfQuest would follow this guide.
I’m glad the guide is already being used and is helpful! This is really a group effort, so thanks everyone for your great suggestions! Lets keep it up everyone!

As we’re filling out the list nicely, something I don’t want to do is get bogged down in hundreds of examples of things already listed. Keep them coming, of course, because you might come up with something that absolutely should be listed and it will help refine the examples there! Just keep in mind that not all examples may make the cut, just for the sake of keeping the guide simple and general.

Here is what I’ve updated:
*Weather and setting
*Wolves in captivity/radio collars
*"human" activities
*shapeshifting
*carrying heavy/large objects

I also moved “occasional fight” from Borderline to Realistic because it’s wording makes it clear that this doesn’t happen all the time, though it could, plus constant fighting is listed under Not Realisitic to emphasize the point. Any thoughts on this?
Some of my favorite people are action figures.

Realistic Wolf Roleplay
http://yellowstonewolfrp.wetpaint.com/

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:32 pm

Have you already gotten this?;

Wolf 1; enters wolf 2's territory
Wolf 2: (Who is on the oppisite side of territory) runs to chase off intruder

So basically, when one wolf enters anothers territory and the other magically smells it from a mile away.

EDIT: Actually, I think radio collars would be OK unless the wolf was in pain or overdramatically acting it.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

Nahani
Pup
Pup

Post by Nahani » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:43 am

unrealistic:
-wolves with wings
-wolves who can see the future
-wolves who can kill you in one bite, then dodge your moves you make.
-wolves who create fire, or any type of magical forms
-colorful scars?

it's unbelievable how people make up some type of hallucination about wolves being experiemnted on and other mythical things O.o it annoys me, even in these types of RP.
~*~*~*~*Alpha Female of The Wind Storm Pack*~*~*~*~
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54700
Avvie (c) TheGreatAbyss

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:07 am

Thandi wrote:Have you already gotten this?;

Wolf 1; enters wolf 2's territory
Wolf 2: (Who is on the oppisite side of territory) runs to chase off intruder

So basically, when one wolf enters anothers territory and the other magically smells it from a mile away.

EDIT: Actually, I think radio collars would be OK unless the wolf was in pain or overdramatically acting it.
yup, it happens all the time, I wander mostly throughout my games, going into the cliffs, smelling a wolf marker, stays cautious and moves about, then the wolf who is in saddle snarls and goes to chase off wolf. it's RP your supposed to act along and say like heads back to territory, wolves don't like you know smell a wolf miles away in its turf then randomly charges back to chase it off. its like not even role-playing. especially when another comes and scent marks, destroys turf then walks off.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Vira Mote
Pup
Pup

Post by Vira Mote » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:46 am

Very good and helpful posts everyone, thankies.
Sorry For my a bit terrible English !!

...¸.•*¨*`•.¸Vira Mote ¸.•*¨*`•.¸

♫ Cool
♫ Nice
♫ Friendly
♫ Helpful
♫ Modest
♫ Just... Amazing!
♫ =)

Granger
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Shelby

Post by Granger » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:20 am

Alrighty. Here are mine. And, yes, some are my hard opinions and some are me poking fun at the players that are on there xD
  • -Wolf pups attempting to kill other wolves (I've had that done to me)
    -Wolves having color changing eyes
    -Wolves with blue eyes
Poking Fun ~
  • -Phsyco females naturally 'gravitating' to any character of the opposite gender (I did some experimenting there, my poor, poor character Cross was traumatized. )
    -Wolves snarling. CONSTANTLY.
    -Wolves attacking. EVERYONE.
Sorry. I'm very sarcastic. xD This is why, whenever I roleplay on WolfQuest I am speaking with grammar and big words. Just to confuse. EVERYONE! 8D

We should set up a completely realistic Roleplay once a week or so to get away from the so called 'realistic' roleplays!

Rain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rain » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:30 am

Very good topic! Everyone who like to rp should see this
"Just say something!"
"Something."

Legendary-Taco
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Legendary-Taco » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Very useful. Hopefully this can help a larger chunk of the community become better roleplayers c: Thanks for posting, Storm ^^
___________╔══════════╗

_________im pretty meme savvy...
______ Ask me anything chump xox
________(avatar by me boyo xox~)

___________╚══════════╝

Melpomene
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Melpomene » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:06 pm

And what about Cattle Ranch? Once I was RPing, we went to that place on map, used hare as a calf and than ran away without getting shot or something like that. But it was good RP, and I'm afraid of behaviors such as "Inspite of getting shot manages to bite off farmer's leg" or "fights bravely with dogs". Still Cattle Ranch is in single player. What do you think about Borderline for appropriate pretending to Ranch?

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:52 am

I hate the use of hunters in a good RP, especially during a realistic since, aerial hunting isn't allowed in Yellowstone....this isn't Alaska where aerial hunting occurs. or basically having dogs in RP oh yeah dogs, not good cuz it basically ruins RP especially in a steel lock cage :/
~What do people think anymore? who knows it's ridiculous XD
I tend to act sarcastic with people wo like to ruin good stories and such. me and a few other users have great term use, and people would be like; "that's not what that is" or "hey, that's is against the policy"
~Not really, unless you have a good memory of something, then use it.
~How about hunting... someone says they take down an elk a minute after they say hunts it... then they say they killed it, when actually they are at a fallen carcass that has been there throughout the game, I know every location of carcasses are set when you start a chat... nothing magically appears when you hunt...especially killing that quick and instantly. and still people go for it and believe so.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog