Slough Creek Guide - How to keep all four pups alive!

This section is for User Guides relating to the WQ Game. Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Forum rules
Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Iris656
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Slough Creek Guide - How to keep all four pups alive!

Post by Iris656 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:58 pm

OMG this will help me sooooo much im sooo going to try it(while i was at my moms i tryed to keep all 4 pups together then i saved and reloaded it..and i found like 2 of my pups gone O_o)

soloreclipse
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by soloreclipse » Thu May 20, 2010 11:40 am

That was VERY helpful. I didn't even think of running to the other wolf territory to save time! Thanks A LOT for posting this!
Why are you reading this? You just wasted 2 seconds of your life reading this!!!!

Mistystar96
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Mistystar96 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:28 pm

GhostFlower wrote:
___ wrote: Which den site to choose: Bison Peak Cutoff. Press the "M" key to to bring up your map, then set a course towards the green circle on the bottom right. As far as I can see(no pun intended), this territory has the best visibility - it isn't as hilly as the others, with no jutting humps of ground that can block your view of the area, which makes it easier to keep sight of pups and predators and makes the camera less jerky when you travel. It's also the closest one to the rendezvous site, which will make the final mission of the game easier. Distance from hunting grounds and neighboring wolf packs doesn't matter, as stranger wolves are harmless and scavenging is more efficient than hunting.
Actually, I found that the Aspen Heights den is the easiest den to live at. The ground is semi-level so your camera doesn't fly all over the place and there are no bears, only coyotes. Or at least that is how it is for me. There are lots of carcasses around that den and the coyotes are easy to kill/chase off. That way you don't have to worry about predators getting your pups as long as you keep a steady watch for coyotes who come to close.

Hope that helped :wink:

Anyway, other than that, this is a prefect guide. I have used it to complete two games already, thanks for posting this guide!
Same here. I encounter very few bears and coyotes at Aspen Heights. But during the final misson, those coyotes become a BIG problem!
Anyway, I have another tip for everyone. Never, I mean, never, leave your pups alone during the final misson!!
The rule where "your pups will be safe when your fifty meters away from them" no longer applies. If you start to wander from them, thinking that if you are far from them, they will be safe, well your wrong. Lots of my pups died this way. But if your fustrated with them and just want to kill them, just walking away is a good way to do that.

CandyyWolfiiee
Yearling
Yearling

Post by CandyyWolfiiee » Mon May 24, 2010 9:38 pm

yay!!! at last i can have all my puppies alive!!!! thank you!!! it was always hard to keep chasing off the eagle and the coyotes cuz they attacked me in numbers strange enough but still this could help me a lot hehe thanks again!! :mrgreen:
............................şσηg...
...ɣσυ ƈαη'† мσvє ƒσωαяɗ ιƒ ɣσυ кєєƥ яєgє††ιηg †ɦє ƥαş†...
...ι'м ησ† ιηşαηє, ι†'ş נυş† şσ ßσяιηg ßєιηg ησямαʅ ...
.......................αvιιє (ƈ) LupinzPack...!!!

123destinycalls
Pup
Pup

Post by 123destinycalls » Mon May 24, 2010 10:18 pm

i've noticed that more predators come when you don't mark your territory, but i have the newest version... Great guide though! :mrgreen:
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The best and most beautiful things,
must be felt with the heart -unknown
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ZippyWizard
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ZippyWizard » Sun May 30, 2010 11:14 am

Oh, my Gosh am I horrible at the game.It is NERVE RACKING!When I read that the pups will follow you right away, I was so intrigued, because 2 of my 3(The other one , who ran off so much, died I don't know why)Wouldn't follow me.Well, Ellie would, and sometimes, Magic, my mate, would carry a pup for 5 seconds, and then drop it.Jenna got killed by the eagle because she wouldn't follow me.I had to finally leave Charlie at the den.It was very sad.I felt like such a bad father, but I know that a loving mother will have him. :).But, I went straight, and I found out that there is an angle in the river in which it stops and you can cut around it.This is a tip for general puppy care.They eat-a LOT.I would feed them and 5 minutes LATER I am going for more food.Luckily all my pups were only smart enough to not wander away.And, I find that the bears mean no harm, I was feeding Charlie once, the "zoom" as I call it, went, and the bear never meant me any harm.He just walked around and when I tried to chase him, he just ambles along, not even noticing.This proves that Coyotes are the bad guys, and wolves are just idiots.And I have to say that the Saddle Meadows den, I always have chosen, and it fits me great.But I heard that Bison Peak Cutoff is coyote heaven?Is this true?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
They some heroes are made.Some are born.Some are genetically engineered.
You walk like a storm, and I will follow.

Slavka
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Slavka » Sun May 30, 2010 1:18 pm

The bigger the purple cloud is the older it is, it doesn't mean it is closer, sometimes it is, but if you get tricked by that it is very very anoying, really, it is.

ApplePup
Pup
Pup

Post by ApplePup » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:28 am

This has really helped me! When I started the game with my pups I didn't know what I was supposed to do, and my pups all died. Fail for Apple. But now I am actually succeeding in this game, all thanks to you, ___!
---------- º Apple º
¤ WolfQuest Community Member
¤ Obsessed with Richard Hammond
¤ Writer of Lithe Flames & Run
¤ Light Falls Pack owner

--- READ MY STORY
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36400

Chelski09
Pup
Pup

Post by Chelski09 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:52 am

I have noticed if you give in to a stranger wolf your pack affinity and yellow bar goes down 25%. Not the best conciquence but there is one so i try to beat them now. Also, did anyone do test wolves? Like, I done loads to get used to the game. At the start I only had oe or two left. but when more often i could get three to the summer site safely I decided i would use my main wolf. (i always had one pup fasinated by what would happen if it died... Silly Puppy...)
'Minds are like parachutes; They work best when they're open'

blueline
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by blueline » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:39 am

Thanks for this guide. It'll come in handy, actually, I'm not so sure if anyone else has mentioned this but... the eagle can grab a pup from your own mouth O.O Anyway, I'll try and follow this guide, Thanks! :D
Wolves are my favourite animals!
The wolves' howls are one of the most beautiful sounds

Avvie: A wolf I made in a wolf maker. Called, Anzac!

Justine
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Justine » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:52 am

blueline wrote:Thanks for this guide. It'll come in handy, actually, I'm not so sure if anyone else has mentioned this but... the eagle can grab a pup from your own mouth O.O Anyway, I'll try and follow this guide, Thanks! :D
Yes, the eagle can grab a pup if you have it in your mouth. ^_- So my suggestion is never have a pup in your mouth when the eagle lands, as if you try to walk up to it and chase it, it will take the pup you carry in your mouth.

Triinu14
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Triinu14 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:22 am

This is really helpful because only 1 pup survived my first journey.Now i hope it will go a little better.
Its really weird that my mate drowns pups.No wonder 2 pups died.
Do you know when the new episode is goming?

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:30 am

Triinu14 wrote:This is really helpful because only 1 pup survived my first journey.Now i hope it will go a little better.
Its really weird that my mate drowns pups.No wonder 2 pups died.
Do you know when the new episode is goming?
It is unknown if there even is going to be a new episode, it all depends on funding, if they do make another one then it would probably come out in a year(s) time or something like that, so at the moment no, there aren't any current plans to create another episode I believe. Also about the deluxe version of Slough Creek its unknown when that will be released.
This is the most confusing part of the newsletter. I asked whether an episode 3 would be released on the live Q&A a few months back and Cana said something about an episode 2.5 that would have member input. "the next wolfquest" is obviously episode 2.5. However,cana also said that the programming,project management etc. of episode 2.5 would not involve regular users in any significant way,so I am not really sure how there going to make it work,but I shall stay hopeful,for now.
Source: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 61&start=0

If you want to help WolfQuest with funding you can always Buy from the store, donate or click on the advertisements you see everytime you log in on the forums.

Store:
https://www.nc.mnzoo.state.mn.us/NetCom ... &srcid=319
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

Hollystorm
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Hollystorm » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:48 am

Wow!! This helped me so much!! Thanks, REALLY!!!! :D :D

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:07 am

Yeah, its really useful, thanks.

Zarago.