How to Find Your Output Log for Windows OS

This section is for User Guides relating to the WQ Game. Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Forum rules
Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Re: OutPut Log Access on Windows OS (Updating 2/13/2011)

Post by Rikkuzilla » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:23 pm

Rikku? (-.O)?

I'll have Vista info up soon (although it's pretty much the same as Windows 7). Thought I still had it partitioned and installed, but I do not---so I need to reinstall it and get all my screenshots, data, and try to replicate a game crash--which I haven't been able to do so far. XD
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Faybrin wrote:Rikku? (-.O)?

I'll have Vista info up soon (although it's pretty much the same as Windows 7). Thought I still had it partitioned and installed, but I do not---so I need to reinstall it and get all my screenshots, data, and try to replicate a game crash--which I haven't been able to do so far. XD
Good luck Faybrin (Don't be fooled, I've had another account on Wolfquest since 2OO8), I hope that you'll be able to make the game crash, although most of us are attempting quite the opposite. (;
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

conily12
Pup
Pup

Post by conily12 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:17 pm

:?Question reguarding the contest and output logs . ( I am on vista by the way ) Why do we need output logs? Does it help wolfquest fix the bug or glitch? I am so confused. I want to enter the contest but I cannot even find my output log, do we have to put output logs in the entery?
The wild horse,
the true "spirit" of America.

Protect them.

Rikkuzilla

Post by Rikkuzilla » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:40 am

conily12 wrote::?Question reguarding the contest and output logs . ( I am on vista by the way ) Why do we need output logs? Does it help wolfquest fix the bug or glitch? I am so confused. I want to enter the contest but I cannot even find my output log, do we have to put output logs in the entery?
As stated in the the first post, the output log is essential when reporting a bug. It contains graphic/video related information about your computer, multiplayer chat logs, user game log ins/log offs, and game/unity data--which the programmers use to pinpoint any issues with the game. Think if it kind of like a "list" of programming commands for each thing you do while playing the game (I'm just trying to put this in the simplest terms I can for the kiddos).

To find your output log, check the first post--and until I get Vista up (delayed due to work), the Windows 7 location for the output log is pretty similar. Remember to take into consideration, for Vista and Windows 7, you need to run as administrator to get the log to appear in the folder. Again, see the first post for details.

And I do encourage the younger community members to get a a parent or guardian to help, if they do not understand the instructions on the first post.

conily12
Pup
Pup

Post by conily12 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:09 pm

(Sorry if this is double posting) Could you walk me through this? How do I get to my output log on my vista computer?
The wild horse,
the true "spirit" of America.

Protect them.

Rikkuzilla

Re: How to Find Your Output Log for Windows OS

Post by Rikkuzilla » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:18 pm

conily12 wrote:(Sorry if this is double posting) Could you walk me through this? How do I get to my output log on my vista computer?
conily12,
I'm sorry--I can't really walk you through any better than what I've posted on the first post without physically standing over your shoulder to show you. ;] I will have a Vista picture posted here soon, but in the meantime you can use the Windows 7 directory path image as a guide; as they are very similar, if not the same (I can't remember exactly).

Ask a parent or guardian to help ya!

Edit: Guide updated with Vista screenshot. Sorry for the wait!