Non-English guides and translations

This section is for User Guides relating to the WQ Forum. Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Forum rules
Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Non-English guides and translations

Post by WQ Coordinator » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:06 pm

We've had many requests for people to have WolfQuest materials translated into other languages, but we've never had the funding or ability to officially provide translations in other languages. However, we have had a few users offer to volunteer to translate materials, so I figured even though WolfQuest can't fully support these translations (because we have no way of knowing exactly what they say!), it'd still be handy to have a list of places you can go to read about WolfQuest in other languages.

So if you yourself have made translations of the manual, FAQ, etc. into other languages, the best way to share is to post them on your own website and share a link here. The moderators and I will keep a master list of everything on this first post, including the language used and what exactly is being translated. I also know there are plenty of WolfQuest-related blogs and even forums in other languages... feel free to post the best ones (most accurate and family-friendly) here.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Non-English guides and translations

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:33 am

Great idea, Cana. I don't currently know of anything that I could share, though I will be sure to keep an eye out; I might try to provide a translation or two from the FAQ or homepage if I can. (; This will be an interesting way to help keep the level of mutual Community understanding higher.
_______________Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ S I L V I E Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_______________--BladeTheWolf00's Sister
______________________-_~-*-~
__________________"Patience is a virtue,
_________________-_love is a value."
___________-___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
_____________sig © me /\ av © Koa (Thanks!)
___________________-_previously BooboosPiggy

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:22 am

I currently do not have any translated material I can link you to, but if anyone is interested in Dutch translations sometimes, I'd definetly be willing to help.

Adalae
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Adalae » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:30 am

This is a really great idea, Cana c: I have seen some non english users around here, and sometimes (if they are PMing me) I have to send them a translation with google translate because I'm not fluent in other languages D=
"Its not one of those things you can fix like you fix your bow tie.
.......... Dont give me those big wet eyes, Raggedy Man."

http://tinyurl.com/thefourclans

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Atropine » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:24 pm

I might be able to offer some Spanish translations later on, however at the moment I'm still quite iffy so hopefully in time I will be able to help a little :3

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Sun May 01, 2011 10:07 pm

Is it possible for us to be translators with a little help from Google Translate?
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

sparky_wolf

Post by sparky_wolf » Sun May 01, 2011 10:34 pm

I would be able to assist with the translations but I don't have a website that I could link them to. I'm not sure if we have any members that are of Indonesian nationality, or any future members for that matter, but I could provide translation if I knew a way to share it.
raise 'em on rhythm and blues

March 2011 UotM.

Icon -
WickedTrickster

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Atropine » Mon May 02, 2011 2:07 am

Thandi wrote:Is it possible for us to be translators with a little help from Google Translate?
From my experience I've found that Google Translate tends to not be very accurate - for example, sometimes when I translate English-Spanish it tends not to mix up words, verbs etc. Personally I think Google Translate is okay for single words, however with big chunks of text it can mess things up a little. (;

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Mon May 02, 2011 1:23 pm

I know a whole pack of Hungarians here.
ill go ahead and make a website which contains the manual and everything in hungarian.. of course ill do it sometime when i dont have this much work.
but ill certainly do it.
So lets see if i understood it right:
i have to make a website, which contains the above informations in my language...
and ill post a link here.
can it be a forum as well? where my peeps can discuss WQ and help each other?
aaand... can we use the material on this site? so it kinda looks like this?
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

NewMooon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by NewMooon » Tue May 03, 2011 7:08 am

Sometimes me and my friend will talk in French and Spanish over pm even though we barley speak any of both. I found that Google Translate is a great place to copy and paste a forum into to translate it into any language. This is just a tip for anyone who needs it. Wanna read in french or Spanish? look below :wink:

A veces mi amiga y yo a hablar en francés y español durante horas a pesar de que la cebada hablar cualquiera de los dos. He descubierto que Google Translate es un gran lugar para copiar y pegar un foro en su traducción a cualquier idioma. Esto es sólo un consejo para cualquiera que lo necesite. :wink:

Parfois, mon amie et moi allons parler en français et en espagnol sur h même si nous l'orge parlent aucune des deux. J'ai constaté que Google Translate est un endroit idéal pour copier et coller dans un forum pour le traduire en toute langue. Ceci est juste une astuce pour quiconque en a besoin. :wink:
..........╔═╦╗────╔═╦═╗
..........║║║╠═╦╦╦╣║║║╠═╦═╦═╦═╦╗
..........║║║║╩╣║║║║║║║╬║╬║╬║║║║
..........╚╩═╩═╩══╩╩═╩╩═╩═╩═╩╩═╝

.........."life IS hard."
.........."~ŋɚɰ ɱøøŋ

Green Paws Team

TextArt© Nightly
Avvie© Crystal

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Tue May 03, 2011 7:45 am

NewMooon wrote:Sometimes me and my friend will talk in French and Spanish over pm even though we barley speak any of both. I found that Google Translate is a great place to copy and paste a forum into to translate it into any language. This is just a tip for anyone who needs it. Wanna read in french or Spanish? look below :wink:

A veces mi amiga y yo a hablar en francés y español durante horas a pesar de que la cebada hablar cualquiera de los dos. He descubierto que Google Translate es un gran lugar para copiar y pegar un foro en su traducción a cualquier idioma. Esto es sólo un consejo para cualquiera que lo necesite. :wink:

Parfois, mon amie et moi allons parler en français et en espagnol sur h même si nous l'orge parlent aucune des deux. J'ai constaté que Google Translate est un endroit idéal pour copier et coller dans un forum pour le traduire en toute langue. Ceci est juste une astuce pour quiconque en a besoin. :wink:
i never trust google translate.
lol i just pasted it and it gave out a "kinda-hungarian" ununderstandable text.
google isnt perfect. and i guess the translated text should be understandable and with good grammar (noone is perfect, thus none of the translations will have perfect grammar, but still...)
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

dustydawn
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by dustydawn » Tue May 03, 2011 6:23 pm

This is a good idea, Cana! :3
I don't have any translated material at the moment. I shall keep my eyes open though.
" too many feelings "

" and love is a word used too much and much too soon "
icon : soranofavalor

Cenetri
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Cenetri » Tue May 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Definitely a helpful idea, seeing as I know many people that are of another decent [usually Spanish], so this will definitely help others out.

Seeing as I'm taking Spanish I next year, I'll see what I can do. That is, unless someone beats me to it - but for now, I'll offer my help if any is needed.
=============--''--C E N E T R I
=========Proud WolfQuest Community Member
==============-==- - - - - - - -
Literature is born through pen and ink, mind and toil, lines and paper.
==============Write your own story.

===============-=- - - - - - - -
============--==Avatar © Cenetri

Swift Night
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Location: Find a little doodle that says "don't press !" press it.

Post by Swift Night » Thu May 05, 2011 4:49 pm

Actually I know a site that you can get a widget for your forum or you can download it to you forum. It is free and I have tested it on my own forum and it works easily and there hasn't been any viruses with it. Any way it is called the Translate Client and I hope Wolf Quest will be able to use it some how. -> http://translateclient.com/
╔══╗──╔╦═╦╔═╦╦ ╔╗╔╗
║══╬╦╦╬╣═╣╚╗║║║╠╬═╣╚╣╚╗
╠══║║║║║╔╣╔╣║║║║║║║║╔╣
╚══╩══╩╩╝╚═╝╚╩═╩╬╗╠╩╩═╝
────────────────╚═╝
..http://midnight-the-wolf-wq.deviantart.com/
My avvie is my creation of Midnight.

Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Post by Rikkuzilla » Sat May 07, 2011 2:56 pm

I don't recommend most online translators if you are relying on accuracy, unless it's from an actual human being on the other side of the monitor (and they aren't also getting their information from an online translator :B). I can't tell you how many times I laugh at people who copy and paste poorly translated Japanese in their signatures (or whatever) that they got from Google translator or whatever.

Definitely make sure your non-English WQ information is coming from a viable source; preferably someone who is actually fluent in the language. (^_-)
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**