Non-English guides and translations

This section is for User Guides relating to the WQ Forum. Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
Forum rules
Read the User Guide Rules and Guide Index before posting.
black_wolf_2010
Pup
Pup

Re: Non-English guides and translations

Post by black_wolf_2010 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:26 pm

I speak portuguese!

I Am bad in english i using Babel Fish translator :wink: :wink:
Stealing your candy while you read this ^-^

Blood Star
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Behind Your Back, Watching What You Are Doing And Eating Your Cookies...

Post by Blood Star » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:25 am

I could offer translation into Lithuanian, but maybe a bit later. I'm on vacation and can't get on the PC as much as I could at other seasons :D
I Am Night...

Pawsome Avatar By tasmanian_tiger

Talking Is A Waste Of Breath, Living Is A Waste Of Death ~ Night

Vira Mote
Pup
Pup

Post by Vira Mote » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:39 am

Hello Everyone!

When I read about it I decided to set up a page with translations in Polish, because on chats often you can meet users from this (my) country.

Therefore, I created a page on which will be available soon importantly WQ forum posts (ill tell you where you can find this site soon ).

(Below you can find my post translated on Polish). Sorry for any grammatical errors may be found in this post. (hope you know what i mean :D )
Greetings Vira Mote

EDIT: Site with translations done! There are not any translations there for now but you can check it here: http://wolf-quest-translations.blog.onet.pl/ For done it i have used WQ screen shot from screen shot gallery on the wq site (hope i can use it)

Cześć wszystkim!
Kiedy przeczytałam tego posta zdecydowałam o zrobieniu bloga z tłumaczeniami co ważniejszych postów z forum WQ, ponieważ na chatach coraz częściej zdarzają się osoby z naszego pięknego kraju, niekoniecznie znające się na angielskim.
Link do strony znajdziecie w tym poście kiedy tylko zostaną skończone prace nad nią 9od razu mówię żeby nie spodziewać się nie wiadomo czego)

EDIT: Strona została ukończona (http://wolf-quest-translations.blog.onet.pl/)! Na razie nie ma tam żadnych tłumaczeń ale będziemy się rozwijać. W każdym razie zapraszam!

Pozdrawiam Vira Mote
Sorry For my a bit terrible English !!

...¸.•*¨*`•.¸Vira Mote ¸.•*¨*`•.¸

♫ Cool
♫ Nice
♫ Friendly
♫ Helpful
♫ Modest
♫ Just... Amazing!
♫ =)

Willow The Collie
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Willow The Collie » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:37 pm

I'd just use Google translate, if necessary.

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:57 am

Gargantor, to answer your question from a month ago (sorry!), you can't say it's the 'official' Hungarian WolfQuest page because the WolfQuest Team didn't create it. But you can say it's the translation of the official page, if that makes sense. This applies to other languages as well... if you set up a webpage, forum, etc. that translates WolfQuest's pages, you can call it the "Insert language here Translation of the Official WolfQuest Website" (or forum, or whatever).

Thanks to everyone who's working on this! Good luck!
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:43 am

WQ Coordinator wrote:Gargantor, to answer your question from a month ago (sorry!), you can't say it's the 'official' Hungarian WolfQuest page because the WolfQuest Team didn't create it. But you can say it's the translation of the official page, if that makes sense. This applies to other languages as well... if you set up a webpage, forum, etc. that translates WolfQuest's pages, you can call it the "Insert language here Translation of the Official WolfQuest Website" (or forum, or whatever).

Thanks to everyone who's working on this! Good luck!
alright, thank you Cana.
Im right now looking for a website maker that has any wq names free >.<
so hard to find.
Im right now at the chat lexicon FAQ translation.
School start slowed me down greatly. might be a bit late :?
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

Aragon98
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Aragon98 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:22 am

I can translate to Norwegian if I want to ^^
Undertaker <3

Ahh... Dont Use ÆØÅ/æøå if you dont know the meaning .__.'

Aziah
Pup
Pup

Post by Aziah » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:06 pm

I'm in year two of Spanish at my school, I might be able to help. If anyone would PM me or something, I can't make websites of my own. I was able to carry on a several minute conversation almost completely in spanish last year, so I could be of some use.
Can't take me...I'm free!

Proud Newly Remade 4-Year WolfQuest Veteran

Melpomene
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Melpomene » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:01 am

Hello, Vira Mote!
I'm from Poland too and I can offer translation in this language. However my speaking and writing skills are not perfect, translating is much simpler. Google translator uses the most basic meanings of the words, which makes text pretty useless. Please contact me if you wish to have some Polish translations of WQ forums/game. Greetings,
Melpomene

Ferana-the-Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ferana-the-Wolf » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:22 am

I can help with Russian translation.

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:10 am

Just to let you know, don't trust in translators. If you put in a sentence written in English you will have in Spanish a sentence that is spoken in Neardental language.

My first language is Spanish and I have no problem understanding all what you guys write in English. Give me the link to what you want to translate and I will give you the same text in Spanish.

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:37 am

I can as well help with the Russian Translation since this is my mother language ^^

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:28 pm

I want to know, what happened with this thread? Does the team still needs help with translations or they were just asking if there were interested users that could do the job?

Gargantor
Top Elk Hunter

Post by Gargantor » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:52 am

Oh lord...
I a so sorry I neglected my work here...
The translation of the manual and online FAQ is ready, all I need is a suitable site, design it and put it up.
I have a question:
Did the online FAQ change since the update to the game?
I know the manual did, I will re-read it pronto.
сøυɾαģε, αвøṿε αll τhïṉģṡ, ïṡ τhε ƒïɾṡτ συαlïτÿ øƒ α ώαɾɾïøɾ.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:11 am

Hey there, Gargantor,
Please keep reference to religion to its very minimum, as it is against the forum guidelines:
WQ Coordinator wrote: •References to religion, politics, blanket, violence, suicide, or other inappropriate or illegal behavior

As for this thread, I am not entirely sure where the currency stands.
I can see what I can find out. :)

EDIT : I have contacted Cana via email about the status and purpose of this thread, as well as mentioned everyone's questions. This quote from her should cover the majority of it all:
WQ Coordinator wrote: That topic was created so people who had come to me with guides they had already created could promote them somewhere. It was never intended as a place the team could go to find translations for the official game; it was just a single topic anyone could post on if they’ve created their own translations and wanted to let others use them.

Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )