Wolf Documentaries?

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

_Furia_
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Wolf Documentaries?

Post by _Furia_ » Mon May 23, 2022 1:14 pm

I will be checking this post from time to time, so if you're seeing this weeks, months, years from now I'd still appreciate a response.

Does anyone have any good wolf documentaries they'd like to recommend? The only one I've watched that I would recommend is titled: BBC Natural World: A Wolf Called Storm. It's available to watch free on youtube rn. I watched some others but they were either inaccurately portraying wolves or making up a story to go along with their footage. The one I mention in this post simply follows a family of wolves in the Wood Buffalo National Park in Canada as they survive for a year with non of that flamboyant nonsense.

ty in advance

PeanutSoup
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Wolf Documentaries?

Post by PeanutSoup » Tue May 24, 2022 2:18 pm

Earlier this year, I watched "The War of the Wolf Packs" 2-part documentary, and I thought it was quite good. The first part is about the Hayden pack, and the second part is about the White Lady and the Canyon pack. I'm not sure if it is allowed to post links on here, but they are both on YouTube. From the same channel is another one about Ellesmere Island arctic wolves, "Canada's White Wolves: Ghosts of the Arctic," but I only watched a part of it. Also, they would not really count as documentaries, but the Voyageurs Wolf Project channel has interesting shorter videos about Minnesota wolves.

Edit: I don't know if anyone is still reading this, but "Island of the Sea Wolves" released on Netflix recently. I haven't watched it yet but it looks good, it is about the sea wolves and other animals on Vancouver Island in Canada.
Last edited by PeanutSoup on Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Thu May 26, 2022 9:41 am

Also check out: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32892&hilit=documentaries

I am waiting for A Good Wolf to come out. Seems it's not done yet.
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:43 pm

There's one that I think I saw on TV when I was younger called "Rise of Black Wolf." It was pretty interesting, and if I remember right it went into wolves' social interactions, pack dynamics, and dispersal behaviors.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes