“Wandering wolf that captivated the world is believed dead”

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

“Wandering wolf that captivated the world is believed dead”

Post by Koa » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:55 am

Reports have been circulating that OR-7, the wolf who was dubbed “Journey” because of his travels from his native Oregon to California, has passed. I wanted to cite the SacramentoBee article but it’s under a paywall.
Wandering wolf that captivated the world is believed dead
By Andrew Selsky, April 16
From MSN/AP

SALEM, Ore. (AP) — A wolf that wandered thousands of miles from Oregon and became the first wild wolf spotted in California in almost 90 years before returning to Oregon and starting a pack is believed to be dead, wildlife officials said.
Read the full article here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wande ... r-BB12Mw5Z

NobodyWhoIsHere
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Nobody

Re: “Wandering wolf that captivated the world is believed dead”

Post by NobodyWhoIsHere » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:20 pm

Somehow I find out about this through a forum post from two years ago. I suppose it is natural and all, but it doesn't change the fact that this was one of the wolves I obsessively researched in my spare time, this interest heightened by the fact that this wolf lived in the corner of the country I happened to be in: American Southwest, though very much leaning towards Pacific Northwest. I still never fail to be impressed that OR-7 here managed to live so long, though, reaching about double average wolf life expectancy. I can't find a proper way to word this, but this wolf was, in a way, important to me; a subject of intense interest. Life goes on though, and that means death does too. On the bright side, Colorado wolf reintroduction is happening!
“𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖, 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕖, 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕦𝕣𝕕𝕖𝕟 𝕨𝕖 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪. 𝔹𝕦𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕗𝕒𝕔𝕥 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕤 𝕚𝕥 𝕟𝕠 𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕣.”
― ℕ𝕚𝕔𝕜 𝕁𝕒𝕟𝕤, 𝔸 𝕎𝕠𝕝𝕗 ℂ𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕕 ℝ𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕠