Wolves in Oregon: The inside story

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

LamarWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Wolves in Oregon: The inside story

Post by LamarWolf » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:07 am

Thought this was an interesting article and that I would share it.https://www.bendbulletin.com/localstate ... side-story
Life is full of death
It is the way of life
Predator and prey
I bring life and I take it
That is the way of nature

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Wolves in Oregon: The inside story

Post by Koa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:25 am

Great, balanced article. Thank you for sharing. A highlight-
The calf is expected to recover from the attack, but the DelCurtos said injuries and swelling are likely to linger. The calf would have likely netted the couple more than $850 prior to the attack, but they may now not be able to sell it at all. And they’ll only qualify for compensation if there’s money left over after dead calves have been accounted for.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Re: Wolves in Oregon: The inside story

Post by duskypack » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:50 am

A fascinating read, thank you for sharing! I always enjoy a pro-wolf article that is both sympathetic and gives a voice to frustrated ranchers with their livelihoods at risk. I feel like there’s a dangerous tendency amongst wolf-supporters to be hardhearted towards those who suffer for and come in contact with wolves the most and I hope this article helps dispel that, as well as encourages those on the anti-wolf side to acknowledge their importance.

I didn’t realize that wolves were already affecting Oregon’s ecology for the better! It’ll be interesting to see how the debate modifies as wolves continue to spread and become familiar again. Those pictures of the Oregon forests made me very happy. Ahh, I remain in love with the Pacific Northwest (even if the rain frequency is enough to stop me from actually living there, heh).
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven