Wolf relocated after biting boy's arm off

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Wolf relocated after biting boy's arm off

Post by Koa » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:13 am

Man's wolf bites off child's arm. Why the animal is still alive.
By Amelia pigeon, June 17th
THE OLYMPIAN

A female wolf that bit off part of a 3-year-old Thurston County boy's arm in April has been relocated to an out-of-state wildlife sanctuary, along with her pups and her Alaskan malamute mate.
http://www.theolympian.com/news/local/a ... 11119.html

This man should NOT have been able to (though already illegally) possess another wolf, let alone any other animals. The article clearly states that Miracle has a "history" with Wolf Haven-- his former animals have been taken from him MULTIPLE times and have been relocated to Wolf Haven. He is clearly irresponsible and has no credible interest in wolves and dogs other than for profit. Unfortunately (and shame on him), he also is putting his child in extreme danger.

Writers Block
Name: Mika, Lynx

Re: Wolf relocated after biting boy's arm off

Post by Writers Block » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:25 am

Dear lord it was unsettling to read that article. I hope they do something to keep Miracle from taking in more wolves and wolf-dogs. I'm glad none of them were put down though, I'm surprised that it was only relocated after causing such a big injury.
we are not history yet.
we are happening now.
how miraculous is that?
avvie©mute
quote©wtnv

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:19 am

Mikazuki-Lynx wrote:Dear lord it was unsettling to read that article.
Safe to say I feel like I lost several brain cells reading that.

I'm glad the wolf, and some of the others formerly in his "care", did not end up euthanised. It's depressing to see humans and animals alike suffer from the consequences of this guy's irresponsibility to such an extent.

Ecliptic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ecliptic » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:21 am

That's terrible, but I'm glad the boy (and the wolf) are safe now. It's awful that so many people see wolves as pets; they are still animals after all. This is why it's better for wolves just to stay wild.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 am

Ecliptic wrote:That's terrible, but I'm glad the boy (and the wolf) are safe now. It's awful that so many people see wolves as pets; they are still animals after all. This is why it's better for wolves just to stay wild.
Exactly, and that's why it is illegal for people to possess wolves in Washington. But some people just don't mind breaking the law and don't care to acknowledge why the law was set in the first place.

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:15 pm

My intention was never to be the guy who stuck out like a sore thumb and got all this attention.
Well, if you didn't have possession of a wolf, you wouldn't have gotten all this attention.

You're taking a big risk when owning a wild animal (not to mention it's just plain wrong in the first place). You may just end up in a situation like this man and boy were in. It's unfortunate the boy had to pay for this man's negligence.
What gets me is that he even said any animal is unpredictable, and yet he's had numerous accounts of these animals being taken off his property. Apparently he never caught on, or just didn't want to admit he's in the wrong.

Either way, I'm glad the wolf wasn't euthanized and instead sent to Wolf Haven, as well as the other wolves he (unfortunately) had possession of.
And the tempest is raging,

it's caving-in the sky

And the tempest is raging,

couldn't tame it if she tried

---Cora Rose - The Tempest
Avie © howl-ite

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Writers Block wrote:I hope they do something to keep Miracle from taking in more wolves and wolf-dogs.
I'm shocked he wasn't already being monitored and prevented from obtaining these animals, after already having 3 seized.
ŊØͻϯϋɇ