MTU Professor joins scientists opposing hunt.

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

MTU Professor joins scientists opposing hunt.

Post by Flamesky » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:00 pm

A proposed law that would allow a wolf hunt in Michigan has been opposed by Michigan Technological University professor and wolf researcher Rolf Peterson, in addition to thirty-nine scientists around the United States.
The letter from the scientists goes on to state: “SB 1187 is antithetical to the most basic principles of wildlife management because wolf hunting in Michigan violates Proposal G (1996) and the North American model for wildlife conservation. … This model for wildlife conservation is held in high regard by many hunting organizations, (including) The Wildlife Society (the most important society of wildlife professionals in the United States) and by many state wildlife agencies, including the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.”
Read the article here: http://www.mininggazette.com/news/2017/ ... sing-hunt/
<<<<<>>>>>
The wolf pack runs as one and together we are stronger
<<<<<>>>>>

Writers Block
Name: Mika, Lynx

Re: MTU Professor joins scientists opposing hunt.

Post by Writers Block » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Hmm, interesting article! I posted an article here that said wolf hunting in Michigan was already banned, so I must admit I'm a bit confused. I'm a bit pressed for time so I only skimmed your article but it looks like wolf hunting is still allowed from the looks of it? Do you happen to know what's what?
we are not history yet.
we are happening now.
how miraculous is that?
avvie©mute
quote©wtnv