Minnesota Wolf Helpline

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Minnesota Wolf Helpline

Post by Koa » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:31 pm

Here's something neat-- The International Wolf Center posted about the Minnesota Wolf Helpline. If you are a resident of Minnesota and spot what appears to be a wolf, you can report the sighting by using the helpline.
Citizens are encouraged to call the Minnesota Wolf Helpline below to report their sightings of wolves in central or southern Minnesota, or to learn how to get assistance if you’ve encountered a problem.

MN Wolf Helpline: 1-844-346-WOLF (1-844-346-9653)

We are also seeking trailcam photos of wolves in central or southern Minnesota… this data helps us monitor their movement and understand how wolf territory may be changing.
Read more about the initiative here: http://www.wolf.org/wolf-info/mn-wolf-helpline/
Included in the link above is a information card for wolf identification (compared to coyotes).

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Minnesota Wolf Helpline

Post by wolf567 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:33 am

I think this is a great initiative! I have heard of several others that are similar for other species. It gives people another way to get involved - which is great :)

Thanks for sharing Koa!
Wolf567 / Blaze

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:46 pm

wolf567 wrote:I think this is a great initiative! I have heard of several others that are similar for other species. It gives people another way to get involved - which is great :)

Thanks for sharing Koa!
Exactly. It'll be a good tool for citizens to use. If I lived in Minnesota, I would love to participate.

I hope activist groups make use of it and see how many wolves are actually out there (a lot).

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:10 pm

This is a great idea, hopefully people get involved! I also really like that identification card, hopefully that'll help with preventing some "false alarms" and help give a better idea of how many wolves are in the area without people assuming that they're seeing coyotes instead.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?