Wolf pack attacks six people in China

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Re: Wolf pack attacks six people in China

Post by duskypack » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:36 am

Ugh, this argument...

I feel sorry for the humans, I wonder why the wolves did that? As for my contribution for the argument, I feel sorry for the humans because I am one, and they have more emotions, and memories and whatnot then wolves do, and it would be hard on them.

I have a different viewpoint about humans, and I care more about humans, but I'm not saying I don't like wolves.

I think this argument needs to be discontinued, and I'm not trying to be caught up in it.
Last edited by duskypack on Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

Neonflow
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Neonflow » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:40 am

It was probably a polvolked attacked. Farmers. Prey(Farm Animals.) and a short wild food supply. I say the farmers are also innocent and the cause.

Innocent cause, this was to get food for the pack. The wolves simply need it for survival.

Cause, well, they got in the way. Why would you run out to a feasting wolf pack wielding a bat or knife?

No, I didn't read it. I read images and I have a weak stomach to things like this.
I can't ever finish anyth

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:18 pm

The farmers didn't attack, the wolves did. There was no "running out wielding a bat or knife." It was an unprovoked attack (which you would know if you read the article), plain and simple.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Radioactive Rabbit
Pup
Pup

Post by Radioactive Rabbit » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:16 pm

If you put it like that River, then we might as well say all elk attacks were unprovoked. Hunger can do many things to an animal, and they did it because they were hungry. They don't consider us as beings with souls, or people with family. Do you see the chicken on your dinner plate and think of all of it's babies? No. They thought of them as food. No blame game. No "it's so rare because wolves have to eat" or anything like that. Perhaps the prey nearby died from the drought. There's no elk in china.

And besides, The people in china eat dog and wolf, so what makes the switch so odd? The village wasn't exactly gun ready, so the attack was easy. And also most "mental killings" were of no reason at all. Wolves did it for food. Just like a farmer killing a pig and bringing it to a market. To feed the pack, or in this case our overpopulated species.

Let's just drop it already, and stop acting like they did it for no reason. This is too depressing to talk about, for both sides.
ϟ.......β Θ ЛЄ.......ϟ
°

This is the way the world ends.
Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
Wє cαη'т ємвяαcє тнє ѕιєηcє.
Danny, Proud Misko of B O N E

° °
Sig (c) Emberflare/Av (c) Action Bat

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:22 pm

Unprovoked, meaning that the humans did nothing. I mentioned nothing about the wolves' hunger.

ARE YOU A JEDI ?

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Radioactive Rabbit
Pup
Pup

Post by Radioactive Rabbit » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:32 pm

river6 wrote:Unprovoked, meaning that the humans did nothing. I mentioned nothing about the wolves' hunger.
Then again, A wolves' normal feed is minding their own business too. You cannot just ignore the fact that they were starving. They saw the opportunity, and they went for it. Humans alone are not physically armed to the teeth, and most Chinese farms are acres long with quite a few workers per field. It would take some pretty fast legs to outrun a wolf and run to get shelter or a weapon, as they cannot carry any with them.

Whereas their normal prey is larger, yes, but they are faster and harder to bring down, losing alot of energy they can't afford to lose. Besides, there is probably a lesser amount of normal prey, as there is a DROUGHT.

Wolves don't only attack when provoked. They're predators, for god's sake.

Dingoes eat humans, Don't they?
ϟ.......β Θ ЛЄ.......ϟ
°

This is the way the world ends.
Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
Wє cαη'т ємвяαcє тнє ѕιєηcє.
Danny, Proud Misko of B O N E

° °
Sig (c) Emberflare/Av (c) Action Bat

44wolfquest
Pup
Pup

Post by 44wolfquest » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:50 pm

Radioactive Rabbit wrote:
river6 wrote:Unprovoked, meaning that the humans did nothing. I mentioned nothing about the wolves' hunger.
Then again, A wolves' normal feed is minding their own business too. You cannot just ignore the fact that they were starving. They saw the opportunity, and they went for it. Humans alone are not physically armed to the teeth, and most Chinese farms are acres long with quite a few workers per field. It would take some pretty fast legs to outrun a wolf and run to get shelter or a weapon, as they cannot carry any with them.

Whereas their normal prey is larger, yes, but they are faster and harder to bring down, losing alot of energy they can't afford to lose. Besides, there is probably a lesser amount of normal prey, as there is a DROUGHT.

Wolves don't only attack when provoked. They're predators, for god's sake.

Dingoes eat humans, Don't they?
Wolves are predators, but do not normally attack humans. They normally avoid humans, at least in North America. Wolves usually attack elk, deer, and other prey animals of that nature.
Last edited by 44wolfquest on Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(`*°•._(`°•._*+*_.•°`)_.•°*`)
For the strength of a pack
Is the wolf,
°•.• WolfQuest •.•°
But the strength of the wolf
Is the pack
(·(·(·(·•·)·)·)·)

Signature by Black Burn

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:16 pm

44wolfquest wrote:Wolves are predators, but do not normally attack humans. They normally avoid humans , at least in North America. Wolves usually attack elk, deer, and other prey animals of that nature. But it is strange how the farmers couldn't just grab a sickle or use their hands/ feet to defend themselves.
Yeah, but this thread isn't about wolves in North America. It's important to note that wolf attacks on people were historically common outside of North America and certainly still do occur more frequently on other continents by comparison. The Wikipedia thread believe has a compliation of data and records of wolf attacks that you might wish to view for additional context.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_attacks_on_humans