Would you ever...

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

*points to question down bellow* please read before you vote :)

Any human being is more important than a beast
19%
Only if it was a human/animal VERY dear to me
37%
Only if I myself were in near-death danger
14%
O_O I would NEVER kill a wolf!
30%

Total votes: 94

MayMay
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Would you ever...

Post by MayMay » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:35 am

u dont have to kill it.. Just hit the wolf and maybe it would know your gonna fight.. and not just run.. they would either back off or try again, and if it trys again idk?

i would have to be in that situation... to know what i would do
..... (\_/)
(... {, "-;
.)).. /';.\
((_()'_\\,,

@(o.o)@
It's been a long time guys. : D
NG did my avatar.

Wolfwarrior
Pup
Pup

Post by Wolfwarrior » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:30 pm

if you fight back the usally give up
I have fought in many fights like Holashner.I won acouple of times but the last i paid unforscene consequences.

Remus
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Remus » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:28 pm

i would only kill a wolf if it was a human who was very close to me.

Inoushi
Pup
Pup

Post by Inoushi » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:35 pm

If a wolf was coming at me with the intent to kill me.. It depends. But considering only wolves that are rabid or injured in the head attaack. It may be in ones best intrest to respond with forcce. Since a sane wolf wouldn't do that.
Eyes glowing red I plunge through the darkness.
Fur so black that it swallows light.
Son of a mother of the wood. Son of a father of the sky.
Product of an unholy union.
Tonight I shall live. Tonight I will howl.

Kaheaniehal
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kaheaniehal » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:01 pm

Inoushi wrote:If a wolf was coming at me with the intent to kill me.. It depends. But considering only wolves that are rabid or injured in the head attaack. It may be in ones best intrest to respond with forcce. Since a sane wolf wouldn't do that.
As I said before, I don't care if the wolf was "sane" or not. In truth- you nor I know if the wolf is sane, it may be REALLY hungry.

If a wolf was going to KILL(not just attack) you for whatever reason, whether it be to eat you, you threatened it ect... Would you kill it in self defence?

Now I why some people don't like hypothetical questions.. people avoid the point.
I support the Alliance

~ My heart is your heart ~

http://kaheaniehal.deviantart.com/

Leonca
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Leonca » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:59 pm

If I needed to defend myself or another person (anyone, doesn’t depend on if I know them or not), I would absolutely kill a wolf or any other animal. Not sure how I would do that, since I don’t know how to use a gun or any other weapon, but if I could and that was the only way to make it stop attacking, I would.
If it was attacking a dog I probably wouldn’t kill it, unless I had already seen it show aggressive behavior towards humans and thought that it might be dangerous to people.

Heidi
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Heidi » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:11 pm

for my answer, if i was near death;with a traqolizer(sorry,i think i spelt that wrong) gun, mabye, but if i had a real gun, i would probaly just shoot it UP wards and the wolf probaly would get scared. But i would NEVER kill a WOLF!
..... (\_/)
(... {, "-;
.)).. /';.\
((_()'_ \\,,

Habitat
Educated
Ilikepie
Doglover
Ilikewolves

~

*If you read that the Black Moon Pack was 'dead', it is not NOW*

Partaaaay!
Black Moon Pack is not dead! It is Alive!

~Support the Mods~

Fenris
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Fenris » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:13 pm

Like others have said yes i would kill a wolf. Same as i would kill any other animal. But only if they where trying to kill me or any other human for that matter.

hmrb-coyote
Pup
Pup

Post by hmrb-coyote » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:42 pm

I'd kill it, no doubt about that. Pretty as they are, they're worth less to me than a human life.

Besides, if you used a tranquilizer, it could take a while for the thing to stop; whereas a shot/stab/blow to the back of the head or neck would probably either scare it off or hurt it to the extent where it can't do anything more to the victim instantly.

Accroches-toi à ton rêve
Accroches-toi à ton rêve
Quand tu vois ton bateau partir
Quand tu sens ton coeur se briser
Accroches-toi à ton rêve.

Tycser
Pup
Pup

Post by Tycser » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:10 am

the only way to kill a wolf fast is to shoot it, and i dont think everybody has a gun with them, so, no i will not kill a wolf if someone is attacked by it because it will kill you faster then you them.
I want to be a wolf - and hunt elk en run through forests and have a real social life!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------
If im on WolfQuest forum, im on WolfHome!!!
I'm also know as HeBlackWolf(HeBlack on WQ)

hmrb-coyote
Pup
Pup

Post by hmrb-coyote » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:00 pm

Tycser wrote:the only way to kill a wolf fast is to shoot it, and i dont think everybody has a gun with them, so, no i will not kill a wolf if someone is attacked by it because it will kill you faster then you them.
Like I said, fast-working gun or a tranquilizer that has a huge chance of not working at all?

I've seen tranquilizers fail. A research group was out checking tagged bears once, the tranquilizer failed and the bear charged at them before the ground group could get another shot in. The only thing that saved them were the backup in the helicopter.

But even if you have never shot a real hunting rifle, you should carry at least a bb gun [or whatever its spelled like] or be with someone who has shot one of the two is with you if you're in wolf country or in an area with an escaped zoo animal.

Accroches-toi à ton rêve
Accroches-toi à ton rêve

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:34 pm

2016 edit: I dislike my 10 year old self. to rephrase what was originally posted in a less annoying way, at the time I would never have killed a wolf.
Last edited by valkea on Thu May 05, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: why was I so bad
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

hmrb-coyote
Pup
Pup

Post by hmrb-coyote » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:15 pm

Why does no one read here?

D:

Accroches-toi à ton rêve
Accroches-toi à ton rêve

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:09 pm

we do read.

its just that its extremely unlikely that a wolf would every attack you unless it was rabit or if you attacked it first.

and then they are fairly easy to scare off with a gun if you do have one, and that is far easier than killing it. and then there are those experienced enough that they can fire a gun at a wolf and not kill it.

it is just so inconcieveable a thought, there is not a whole lot to think about. I see no point in shooting a wolf to protect a dog, and again simply firing the gun would probably scare it off.

so really there is not a whole lot to debate, simply because probably the only thing that might attack you is a rabid wolf, which I am sure anyone would shoot. it saves them a very painful death otherwise.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Kaheaniehal
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kaheaniehal » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Blindseer wrote:we do read.

its just that its extremely unlikely that a wolf would every attack you unless it was rabit or if you attacked it first.

and then they are fairly easy to scare off with a gun if you do have one, and that is far easier than killing it. and then there are those experienced enough that they can fire a gun at a wolf and not kill it.

it is just so inconcieveable a thought, there is not a whole lot to think about. I see no point in shooting a wolf to protect a dog, and again simply firing the gun would probably scare it off.

so really there is not a whole lot to debate, simply because probably the only thing that might attack you is a rabid wolf, which I am sure anyone would shoot. it saves them a very painful death otherwise.
lawl
Again, you're avoiding my question.
Even if you shot a gun into the air and the wolf kept coming.
For whatever reason, I don't care for you 'explanations' to why wolves are so awesome.

Would you let it get too close?

And why not save a dog?
They're not important?
You can replace them?
Not really, a REAL dog owner is someone who holds the strongest bond with their companion, not just something that they can replace and say, "Oh well the wolf got it, let's go get another one."

This is coming from someone who believes they were a wolf(or some familar canid) in a past life, so don't assume I hate wolves, I'm just open minded about the both sides of debates. :)
Or in this case, the side that doesn't have a lot of support.
I support the Alliance

~ My heart is your heart ~

http://kaheaniehal.deviantart.com/