Would you ever...

Discuss wolves. (News, sightings, conservation, status, etc.)

Moderators: Isela, Koa

*points to question down bellow* please read before you vote :)

Any human being is more important than a beast
19%
Only if it was a human/animal VERY dear to me
37%
Only if I myself were in near-death danger
14%
O_O I would NEVER kill a wolf!
30%

Total votes: 94

Bellamy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Would you ever...

Post by Bellamy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:14 pm

Blindseer wrote: and kahea, my answers were for that question. I would not kill a wolf for any reason at all.

I will lock this topic if this gets too out of hand.
It worries me somewhat that you would allow yourself to not kill the wolf when it's attacking someone you really loved. I don't quite understand-- and I really want to understand. Why would you do that? Does that make wolves more important than the people close to you? The way you said that makes me think that's the case, but if it isn't, sorry I misunderstood.

edit: Blimey this thread moves fast.

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:18 pm

That happens with debates, but we still like to hear from ye Bellamy ^^;

Like I said, it's easy to say something when you're sitting at your computer screen typing. It's another thing to act upon your choice when you have the fangs of a wild animal tearing for your throat, or the throat of a loved one.

Just because you'd sacrifice you'd life, does that mean your loved one would sacrifice their life? And if so, is it your choice to decide which is more important? The truest law of nature is self-preservation, after all. It's an endless paradox of "I would" and "If this".

Kaheaniehal
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kaheaniehal » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:20 pm

ChocolateRain wrote: edit: This is why I find hypothetical questions really stupid. I mean honestly how many people here are actually gonna be in this situation?
For curiousity's sake. Human beings are curious beings, so we tend to ask questions for situations that may never happen. :)
I support the Alliance

~ My heart is your heart ~

http://kaheaniehal.deviantart.com/

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:21 pm

Songdog wrote:Then tell me what you classify as "creditable" information. Because frankly, I'm loosing interest in debating. I can't try and reason with some one who doesn't want to be convinced otherwise.

But remember, you have shown me no creditable information as well.
I cant show you any information that is credible, simply because no information exists at all.

what I consider credible is being accepted by noted biologists, and being on many sites that such biologists use to communicate their facts. simply being a link or on a list does not count for any of this.

sorry if this sounds strict, but its not.
I dont want to debate with you either, obviously neither of us is going to change opinions.

I really think I should lock this topic.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Kaheaniehal
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kaheaniehal » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:26 pm

How is this out of hand? *head tilt* we're not yelling at one another, we're discussing and asking questions.

If someone was saying, "YOU'RE STUPID AND ARE WRONG BECAUSE....."

Then THAT would be out of hand. :)
I support the Alliance

~ My heart is your heart ~

http://kaheaniehal.deviantart.com/

Bellamy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Bellamy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:27 pm

Blindseer wrote:
Songdog wrote:
I really think I should lock this topic.
Please don't, I find discussions like these really fascinating. And just because there may be a bit of tension going on, that shouldn't be a reason to lock a thread. It's natural for debates to feel like that-- besides, how else can people come closer to really understand things like this when we aren't allowed to talk about it?

edit: As Kaheaniehal said, we're not typing in caps lock or insulting each other.

ChocolateRain
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ChocolateRain » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:29 pm

Kaheaniehal wrote:
ChocolateRain wrote: edit: This is why I find hypothetical questions really stupid. I mean honestly how many people here are actually gonna be in this situation?
For curiousity's sake. Human beings are curious beings, so we tend to ask questions for situations that may never happen. :)
I understand but questions like this sort of irritate me because its a choice I wouldn't ever want to make although I've already made my decision. : /

Also, I agree with the above posters on locking these types of threads.

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:36 pm

ok, I wont lock it, but if it does get out of hand then I will.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Bellamy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Bellamy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:41 pm

Thank you very much indeed. I'm sure it won't get out of hand. ^^

But could you elaborate your reasons and answer this, please?:
It worries me somewhat that you would allow yourself to not kill the wolf when it's attacking someone you really loved. I don't quite understand-- and I really want to understand. Why would you do that? Does that make wolves more important than the people close to you? The way you said that makes me think that's the case, but if it isn't, sorry I misunderstood.

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:49 pm

I don't really know. maybe its because there isnt really anybody that I really love. also, I am very skilled with weapons and I probably wouldnt kill the wolf with the kind of shots I make, I am just that good. I cant really answer the question properly, as I am a very logical persion and I am not always that good at answering hypothetical questions like this. I try to plug the question into all possible situations, and thats where my answers end up coming from.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:00 pm

But the question was not about if you could just scare it. The definitive, absolute question is, which would you choose:
1. Kill the wolf.
2. Have the wolf kill you.

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:05 pm

again, this is a question i am unable to answer completely for the reasons stated above. if I ever found myself in the situation, i can honestly say I dont know.
icon by Rottenrobbie

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:12 pm

Alright, that's an acceptable answer too. After all, we can't physically put ourselves in that situation (which is why, if you've noticed, I never posted what I would have done)

Rabid
Pup
Pup

Post by Rabid » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:44 pm

Even if it were a complete stranger, if anything, including a wolf was mauling him/her, I'd try to do something, even if it meant shooting the thing. If it was my own dog mauling a stranger, I'd shoot it. I know many of you would never choose a stranger over your pet, but when I think about it, the person should be saved. I don't have any particular reason to choose the person over the animal. I really think that human lives are more important than animals in a situation like that.

Unlike some of you, I'm not much into the long, continued debates. Just getting my opinion in here.
goo goo g'joob.

Blindseer
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Blindseer » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:50 pm

If it were a wolf attacking a human, I dont know what I would do.
If I saw a Human attacking a wolf, I would probably kill the human in order to protect the wolf.
its all a matter of opinion and personal value.
icon by Rottenrobbie